Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,808
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:43:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TV/films that look like cutscenes from cheap 90s FMV games

Started by George White, January 04, 2023, 03:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

Watching the 1989 Granada play Countdown to War - which looks like cutscenes from a Command and Conquer-type game.  https://ok.ru/video/1872668658303 McKellen as Hitler kept reminding me of Tim Curry's space Communist speech in Red Alert 3.

Ever had a similar experience?

The Michael Caine Stalin/John Lithgow FDR/DJ Bob Hoskins Churchill miniseries When Lions Roared is another.

(Spam removed)

buttgammon

George White

I'm imagining him animated pixilated by loads of live action photos stop-motioned, a la the Titanic -Adventure out of Time.

Mister Six

Quote from: buttgammon on January 04, 2023, 07:45:58 PM

His mum a few years back even more so, as I noted at the time:

And quite a lot of this bit of Zack Snyder's Justice League, especially the horsey parts:

George White

George White

willbo

I remember Air Force One and XXX 2 being mocked for bad CGI at the time.

George White

Watched 1982's Inside the Third Reich, which thanks to its use of Introvision, looks like a FMV Wolfenstein game.

George White

Dinotopia (2002) looks like the Dune FMV games if they impregnated Myst.

dontpaintyourteeth

George White

The reconstruction in C4/CBC ww2 docudrama The Valour and the Horror -

George White

Sebastian Cobb

Was genuinely quite interested in the new ITV Windrush drama Three Little Birds, hoping it could almost hold a candle to Small Axe or something. I was a bit dazed when I started watching it and knew it was in my interests to come back to it in a sharper mood as the shitey CGI boat scenes in the first minute really threw me.

George White

I know people compared Branagh's Death on the Nile to such a game but the 2004 ITV version with Sir David Suchet and James Fox has very PS1/PC game opening graphics https://ok.ru/video/257078463114

Just watched an incredibly FMV-esque film on Prime - Dan Turner - Hollywood Detective (1990) with Marc Singer, Tracy Scoggins, Gabriel Knight 2's Nicholas Worth and Clu Gulager.

George White

Mentioned Countdown to War before, but...
Michael Aldridge's floating head as Chamberlain.

Alex Norton's Northern Stalin better than Caine.

Churchill and the Generals goes even weirder.

Even has a Dad's Army cartoon map.

Glebe

George White

Late 80s titles to News at Ten, like something out of Titanic-Adventure out of Time.

Mister Six

I know it's all horribly tragic, but The Day Today has totally compromised my ability to take those headlines seriously.