Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,803
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:26:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NFL 2023

Started by DrGreggles, September 06, 2023, 05:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

It's possible that 2 of the best teams in the NFL have reached the Superbowl because they're 2 of the best teams in the NFL.

But, yeah, it's down to Taylor Swift...

Dex Sawash

Only judging by post game camera time but Kelce seems like an absolute moron

DrGreggles

Quote from: Dex Sawash on February 01, 2024, 01:22:10 PMOnly judging by post game camera time but Kelce seems like an absolute moron

Yeah, something unlikable about him.
His brother seems sound though.

Menu

Quote from: Gulftastic on January 29, 2024, 06:45:55 AMThose two penalties for smacking Mahomes in the mush were so bloody stupid. They weren't even trying to disguise.

And that taunting one too. So thick.

Menu

We all reckoning the Chiefs will win this? 49ers haven't looked really good for a long time whereas KC are hitting form at the right moment. If San Fran lose then Shanahan will be seen as almost as big a choker as Jackson is in the play offs. And apparently player contracts mean that a few will be leaving in the post-season so this really might be their last chance. Lots of pressure.

DrGreggles

At the start of the season I thought the 49ers would win the Superbowl if they avoided the injuries of the past few years - and they pretty much have. Can't change my mind now.

The Chiefs offence hasn't really been firing, so it's unlikely to be a shootout like last year. The idea of them reaching the SB due to their strong defence seemed laughable at the start of the season, but here they are.

I can see it coming down to whether or not the KC defence can handle Deebo, CMC & co.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 05, 2024, 12:47:56 AMI can see it coming down to whether or not the KC defence can handle Deebo, CMC & co.

I think this is it. The Chiefs don't look capable of scoring a huge amount, but they're too competent not to get somewhere close to 20-25 points. So if their defence can hold the 49ers under 20 it'll probably be a Chiefs win. 49ers score 30+ and they win. And anything in between is likely a very close game.

Menu

Ooooh it might be a classic. Especially with such an electrifying halftime show.

bgmnts

ITV having the superbowl does mean we get to watch it as intended: a few seconds of sporting action with endless, endless commercial breaks.

Super hyped! Halftime show! YEAH!!

Pumped for the fairytale Taylor Swift scoring the final touchdown moment.

Dex Sawash

Gulftastic

Happily, it's on Sky's free sports channel so the ad breaks aren't such an issue.

Sadly it did mean having to put up with a bunch of shitty Dynamo clips in the build up.

bgmnts

Wilford Brimley managing the Kansas City Chiefs* is just lovely.

*I'm guessing 

DrGreggles

Arnie advertising home insurance

Dex Sawash

DrGreggles

2 unlikely fumblers for me, Clive

Gulftastic

Usher always seem to take himself far too seriously.

El Unicornio, mang

Desperately wants to be Michael Jackson doesn't he? Even doing the single sparkly glove thing

DrGreggles

As always with the HT shows these days, I'm always most impressed with how efficiently they get the stage on and off #logistics

Bum Flaps

Pretty good optics, atrocious acoustics

Ferris

We all love the Kaiser Chiefs but why they're getting involved in all this business is a mystery.

DrGreggles

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

This is just a load of fat lads running at each other.

DrGreggles

FFS... I want to go to bed!

Gulftastic

Patrick Mafuckinghomes!!

He's too good. That last drive was legendary

El Unicornio, mang

Fuck, wanted the 49ers to win.

Good game though, worth staying up for.

Gulftastic

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on February 12, 2024, 03:51:41 AMFuck, wanted the 49ers to win.

Look on the bright side though. It's triggering the hell out of twitter morons. It was fixed, apparently.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 31, 2024, 11:31:18 PMIt's possible that 2 of the best teams in the NFL have reached the Superbowl because they're 2 of the best teams in the NFL.

But, yeah, it's down to Taylor Swift...

The BBC coverage of swift recently has become quite bizarre, almost fawning at times, what is in it for them to keep pushing her? clicks? BBC news is one of the biggest news sites in the world though and is absolutely in no need of spammy clicks.

BlodwynPig