Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:36:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trigger Point

Started by Utter Shit, January 29, 2024, 10:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Season 2 of this brainless rubbish started last night. It's basically very shit, but it's so ridiculous that it's kind of entertaining.

It reminds me a lot of 24 in how over-the-top the action is - EPISODE 1 SPOILERS
Spoiler alert
the first episode of the new series had the bomb disposal team manage to disarm a threat, only to be immediately confronted with a drone attached to a load of dynamite. Which is silly enough, but the way it was presented was like the drone was an autonomous being. I'm pretty sure before it flew at them, it reared up as if to gain speed.

And then on top of all this cartoonish silliness, there was an explosion with an *incredibly* graphic fallout, disposal experts with their legs blown off and shards of bone strewn about. Such a baffling mish-mash of tones. It was like watching A Touch of Cloth interspersed with clips from the Boston Marathon bombing.
[close]

Spoiler alert
The gate is bombed. TWICE.

How about we cut a hole in the fence nearby?
[close]

Rewatched episode 1 and when they revealed the code.

9-92-6-19 90-85

Utter Shit

Episode 2 was just as mental as episode 1. It really is a UK version of 24, quite entertaining as long as you make absolutely sure you don't question anything you see at any point.

Quote from: Utter Shit on February 04, 2024, 11:55:44 PMEpisode 2 was just as mental as episode 1. It really is a UK version of 24, quite entertaining as long as you make absolutely sure you don't question anything you see at any point.

"what's a bomb blanket"
"well, it's a blanket for bombs but that's not important right now"