Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:05:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boy Swallows Universe the series

Started by Buelligan, February 15, 2024, 12:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Binge watched at a friend's.  Felt sad to leave them behind when it was over.  Acting is v good.  Yes.

Hobo

Wife and I enjoyed it. Bleak, uplifting, fun and unexpected. One of the best shows I've watched this year.

Dex Sawash

C_Larence

Watched the first episode, the kid was good but the dialogue and story put me off heavily. Also don't know if it's just because it's Australian but it had the uncanny feeling of an after dark episode of Round The Twist.

13 schoolyards

I reckon they could have ditched the entire first episode after the opening scene - it established pretty much everything you needed to know about the family and the situation they were in, and having it right up the front (making the rest of the episode a flashback) was the kind of thing you get when the writers* think "shit, nothing happens but exposition this episode, we better put something exciting at the start to keep people sitting through the boring stuff"

*who were probably hamstrung by the novel they were adapting