Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:06:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Jury Murder Trial Channel 4

Started by robhug, February 27, 2024, 12:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robhug

This show is actually going to increase the chances of moronic behaviour from real life people called up to serve as members of a jury. I feel the producers should have made more about the dangers of idle chit chat and speculation rather than gleefully filming them. And not hand picked the jurors so they all appear to be very opinionated.

Guaranteed you'll see some idiots watching this and looking forward to getting called up as they'll just be able to sit around wildly gossiping rather than taking the whole thing seriously.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: robhug on February 27, 2024, 12:26:08 PMThis show is actually going to increase the chances of moronic behaviour from real life people called up to serve as members of a jury. I feel the producers should have made more about the dangers of idle chit chat and speculation rather than gleefully filming them. And not hand picked the jurors so they all appear to be very opinionated.
When was the last time Channel 4 (or any commercial broadcaster) gave a shit about behaving any way other than this?

robhug

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on February 27, 2024, 12:34:37 PMWhen was the last time Channel 4 (or any commercial broadcaster) gave a shit about behaving any way other than this?

Fair point of course, but for me it couldn't be a more serious subject matter. If they're going to be allowed to do it its got to serve some sort of public service rather than get in a load of morons who look very much to me like they were picked and told to act in a particular way.

Its got to be somewhat similar to the rules of how a real jury is expected to perform.

CH4 claim it to be a thorough examination of the british judicial system. Which it isnt.

BlodwynPig

Uncle TechTip

I haven't seen this but i read the Lucy Mangan review and thought, if they know they are on television what relevance does any of it have?