Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,792
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:51:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Game bargains thread

Started by weekender, November 21, 2010, 12:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Poodle Basher

Quote from: Penfold on April 18, 2017, 12:37:12 PM
I just realised I currently have PS Plus so it's still showing £2.99 for me.

The GOTY version has everything on it including the extra missions - the Deluxe one, IIRC, just has extra weapons and armour and nothing else. I got the GOTY for €8.99 the other day.

Penfold

Quote from: Captain Poodle Basher on April 19, 2017, 09:41:52 AM

The GOTY version has everything on it including the extra missions - the Deluxe one, IIRC, just has extra weapons and armour and nothing else. I got the GOTY for €8.99 the other day.

That's a better deal. I ended up getting Thumper instead. I'm tempted to get the probably rubbish Godzilla game for £4 before the sale ends.

Obel

Thumper <3<3<3
one of my favourite games of all time

Penfold

I like it so far, only done the first level. Not sure whether to try it again for better ratings or move ahead to level 2.

I was in the mode for a game that would make my eyes go weird after playing Amplitude and Rock Band Blitz at the weekend.

Obel

Definitely move forward, the game doesn't overtly show you extra little techniques to maximise score, you sorta figure that out for yourself as you go through it. Definitely play through then come back with your new techniques and marvel at how good you are at the early levels. I've S ranked the first 6 levels, though for some reason it didn't give me the level 6 S rank :(

sprocket

Van Dammage

Killing floor 2 free on ps plus for a month. Usually 40 quid.

Bhazor

Not a game but Humble currently has a bundle with the rather good digital illustrator Corel Painter Essentials 5 which comes with the Particle Shop brush plug in and Corel's photo manipulator AfterShot 3. Combined they make for a pretty solid alternative to Photoshop, what it loses in features it more than makes up for in user friendliness. Certainly I much prefer drawing in it than in Photoshop where its so feature dense and complicated that one wrong button press and suddenly your blue paint is drawing orange and every pencil stroke is being saved as a seperate layer.

Usual price for the three is around $120. Now on Humble Bundle for $10. Its a couple years old now but when Photoshop costs $15 a month and the newest Corel Painter 2017 costs $350 you can see that $10 for bundle is a pretty good deal.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software-bundle

biggytitbo

Steam sale has started, some nice indie games going very cheap and Doom is only £10

biggytitbo

Dishonoured an absurd £1.99 on steam.

Phil_A

No Man's Sky down 60%, now only £15.99! Might actually be worth a punt at that price?

Penfold

Yep.

According to a PlayStation email I put in over 100 hours into whatever it was, and that was before the two updates that added more stuff.

I still like it. I think there are more updates to come. Probably free, they made money.

biggytitbo

Half life 1, 2 and the episodes all going for less than a quid on steam.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 23, 2017, 07:46:22 PMSteam sale has started, some nice indie games going very cheap and Doom is only £10

Bargain at twice the price. I've just snapped it up on Steam - even though I already have it on PS4 but regrettably never finished it due to me being shit at console FPS games. I'm finding it much better with the mouse & keyboard combo I'm used to.

Plus, although it was an amazing looking PS4 game, on PC with maxed out graphics and unwavering 75FPS (my laptop's screen is a fairly weird 75Hz G-Sync jobbie) it's stunning.

Penfold

I just rebought Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on PS4 for £5 in-store at Tesco, not sure if it's nationwide or my local store just had a lot of copies. They also had Dishonored 2 for £10 but is it really twice as good as Deus Ex?

Viero_Berlotti

The PS4 Godzilla game is currently £3.99 until 19-07-17.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/godzilla-digital-edition/cid=EP0700-CUSA02058_00-GODZILLADIGITAL0?emcid=pa-st-111284

It's not a great game by any means (definitely one for the broken game mechanics thread), but at that price it's probably worth it if you're a Kaiju fan. The monster models and sound fx are probably the best thing about the game.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Penfold on July 07, 2017, 05:30:39 PM
I just rebought Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on PS4 for £5 in-store at Tesco, not sure if it's nationwide or my local store just had a lot of copies. They also had Dishonored 2 for £10 but is it really twice as good as Deus Ex?

Baws, I just bought Day o'Sex from Game for a tenner. I also bought Dishonoured 2 because I liked Prey- Game have it on offer for a tenner under their big Prey display.

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on June 26, 2017, 08:52:37 AM
Bargain at twice the price. I've just snapped [Doom] up on Steam - even though I already have it on PS4 but regrettably never finished it due to me being shit at console FPS games.

I already have Doom and am still rubbish at it. It'd be a bargain at twice the price because it'll probably take me three years to finish the campaign.

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: Viero_Berlotti on July 08, 2017, 11:50:15 AM
The PS4 Godzilla game is currently £3.99 until 19-07-17.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/godzilla-digital-edition/cid=EP0700-CUSA02058_00-GODZILLADIGITAL0?emcid=pa-st-111284

It's not a great game by any means (definitely one for the broken game mechanics thread), but at that price it's probably worth it if you're a Kaiju fan. The monster models and sound fx are probably the best thing about the game.

I've just been having a blast playing this actually, it's not that bad. I can understand why (spoilt) modern gamers probably thought this wasn't good enough and hence the terrible reviews, but for me it really does nail the feeling of the Toho films. Yes, the controls are clunky but you are meant to be controlling a giant hulking monster not some 7 stone fleet footed ninja. The evolution mode looks promising, it seems as if you can unlock extra moves for all the monsters, which are very limited at the beginning. So hopefully that will add a little depth. It seems worth the £3.99 so far, not sure I'd feel the same if I'd paid £40 for it though.

Blue Jam

biggytitbo

DMC, Dead Rising 2, Resident Evil 0 and 1 HD and Resident Evil 6 (and Umbrella Corps so its not all good) for 5 quid is a good bargain in anyones money.

Bhazor

The utterly gorgeous hand drawn Jotun is free on Gog and Steam today.

https://www.gog.com/game/jotun

Bhazor

Big Warhammer sale on Steam. With lots of free DLC.

Total War: Warhammer 66% off
Armageddon + all DLC 65%

hewantstolurkatad

Telltale Humble Bundle on atm; Walking Dead for $1, looks like damn near everything other than the most recent releases will be on the beat the average group.

$1
Sam & Max: Season 1
Sam & Max: Season 2
Puzzle Agent 1
Puzzle Agent 2
Bone - Episode 1 & Episode 2
Hector: Badge of Carnage
Telltale Texas Hold'em
Poker Night at the Inventory
The Walking Dead - Season 1

Beat the Average
The Walking Dead: Michonne
Tales from the Borderlands
The Walking Dead - Season 2
Game of Thrones
[More to be added on Tuesday, I'd imagine this'll include at least one of their more acclaimed games and probably an alluring franchise too]

$15
Batman - The Telltale Series
Minecraft: Story Mode
Minecraft: Story Mode - Adventure Pass

I've never played the walking dead games and I really liked Firewatch so I suppose I'll get on that at least. Is tales from the borderlands any good without playing the actual borderlands games?

Bhazor

Green Man Gaming summer sale on. Flash sales every few hours.
https://www.greenmangaming.com/es/

Current best deal Resident Evil 7 40% off.

Theres a bonus 15% off if you use the Summer2017 coupon.

Aside: Interestingly you can buy Dungeon Siege for Steam on there which is still bizarrely unavailable on Steam's own store. I have no idea why but there it is.

LanceUppercut

As above Deus ex mankind divided day one edition is a fiver delivered for the Xbox one and PS4 from Tesco.

Lots of game there for a fiver

Penfold

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition is £4 on PS4 and has all the DLC.

I think if you already own it the season pass is also free is you have xbox Live or PS Plus.

BeardFaceMan

I was looking at this, is is multiplayer only or is there single player stuff too?

Penfold

There's no single player campaign, so it's bot matches and some challenge matches where you fight waves of enemies. I think the main annoying thing was you can't level up your character without playing online but I can't remember how that affected unlocking gear. I might be wrong about that though, it's been ages since I first played it and I'm waiting for it to download at the moment.