Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:53:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

aberwrytshtgshth...bah... mook calling aberletters... come in aberletters

Started by mook, June 09, 2012, 07:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Cerys

STOP PRESS!

The cliff behind our place is collapsing[nb]Kind of[/nb].  Seriously.  There's a pile of rubble[nb]About four feet high[/nb] and a red-and-white striped tape and everything.  There's a precariously balanced slab of rock teetering within inches of smashing down on our heads -

[nb]Image may not accurately represent truth[/nb]

Please send help in the form of some burly Verbwhores with chocolate and other lovely stuff.

Unoriginal

Cerys

Tokyo Sexwhale

Is Aberystwyth full of Brummies?  I've heard at least 3 Brummies interviewed about the flooding.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Tokyo Sexwhale on June 11, 2012, 10:18:38 PM
Is Aberystwyth full of Brummies?  I've heard at least 3 Brummies interviewed about the flooding.

Nah, that's just startled Welsh folk

Santa's Boyfriend

Relax, this is clearly God venting his wrath over the remake of the Prisoner.

Unoriginal

Quote from: Tokyo Sexwhale on June 11, 2012, 10:18:38 PM

It is. It's actually easier to get from the Midlands to Mid Wales than it is for me to get here from South Wales, hence the high number of midlanders who end up studying at Aber.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Unoriginal on June 11, 2012, 11:34:31 PMIt is. It's actually easier to get from the Midlands to Mid Wales than it is for me to get here from South Wales, hence the high number of midlanders who end up studying at Aber.

*nods*

It is indeed surprisingly tedious to get from, say, Swansea to Aberystwyth.  I only ever went to Aber (to visit the deviant duo, no less) once I'd left Wales and started living in the West Midlands.

Unoriginal

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 12, 2012, 03:01:27 AM
*nods*

It is indeed surprisingly tedious to get from, say, Swansea to Aberystwyth.  I only ever went to Aber (to visit the deviant duo, no less) once I'd left Wales and started living in the West Midlands.

It's even worse these days. When I first came here, I could count on one bus heading from Swansea directly to Aber every day, but now you can only get one on Friday. As a train is more expensive, I still get the bus but now have to spend an hour in Carmarthen before I can get home. There used to be a train line that went from South to Mid Wales but the Tories closed it during their public service rape in the 80s.

Jemble Fred

I remember the day-long slog of getting from Aber to Cardiff, as the pilgrimage was to see one of the first nights of Eddie Izzard's 'Circle' tour in 2000 – the one where he got nabbed by Watchdog for performing Dressed To Kill word for word. The trek made the show all the more painful to sit through.

BlodwynPig

Did the Okehampton to Aber drive a few times - just after i passed my test so would set off at 4am to avoid too much traffic, but once in Wales it was a beautiful drive.

Cerys

UPDATE!

The rockpile is still there, as is the precarious-looking rock.  The red and white tape was shredded by high winds.  It was eventually replaced with a temporary metal fence.  Fuck all else has been done.