Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,803
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:16:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Coronation Street (fresh thread)

Started by Sam, June 18, 2012, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pebble_Mill

Sarah Louise Platts mock execution last night had me chuckling away. Funny stuff.

Malcy

Quote from: Wentworth Smith on June 01, 2018, 12:14:45 PM
I don't watch modern day Coronation Street but if you wish to compare the premier baddies of their respective times in Classic Corrie Alan Bradley is reaching his nefarious crescendo: in the last couple of days he has roughed up and tried to kill Rita and gone on the run. Mark Eden seems to be having a great time paying such a wrong 'un.

In a great episode a week or so back we had the death of Brian Tilsley and the debut of jack and Vera's stone cladding.

A few weeks ago i had put one on and Vera came in to see Jack in the pub and showed him a stone cladding catalogue and said worrabout this then?? Twisted his arm quick enough!

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Malcy

jobotic

A bodybag won't hold Phelan. I'd have cut his head off then burnt the body if I was there, just so the nonsense stops.

How come Anna was wandering round the cobbles and going for Chats and cups of tea when she'd just stuck a knife in someone?

Jockice

I knew that was all going to happen. Surprised about Eileen and Anna starting a lesbian affair though.

Nowhere Man

I've watched the last 3 episodes in one go, (after missing months of it) thought that was the best its been in yonks. It would be nice to see a bit more of the lighterhearted Corrie again, interesting to see Nigel Havers back in it again.

Nowhere Man

Spoke too soon, it's already gone back to shit. Phelan's reign of destruction has already been forgotten about and Gail's being thick as pig shit.

jobotic

When soaps have that "if you are affected by any of the issues in this programme, please ring this helpline", they should say "if you affected by any of the issues in this programme just give it a day or two and you'll have forgotten all about it, and be involved in an amusing incident with a misplaced cup of tea".

saltysnacks

Quote from: jobotic on June 05, 2018, 07:39:43 AM
When soaps have that "if you are affected by any of the issues in this programme, please ring this helpline",

I always find it incredibly arrogant, almost as if they're saying 'If this hard-hitting piece of social realism...etc.'

Malcy

I'd love to ring up and say how affected i am from how utter pish the majority of the storylines have been! Good that Havers is finally back though. Great character.

Gulftastic

Splendid bit of hot girl on girl S&M action tonight.

And that Kayla bird has an amazing backside.

Malcy

Quote from: Gulftastic on July 25, 2018, 09:24:24 PM
Splendid bit of hot girl on girl S&M action tonight.

And that Kayla bird has an amazing backside.

I knew it was amazing but didn't know how much until I saw her in Monday's episode in the black trousers. Shame she's probably not going to be in it much longer!

Gulftastic

And, relevant to nothing I just love the clip..

Gulftastic

More hot girl on girl action tonight as Corrie explores the popular MILF/teen genre.

Malcy

It was good. There are a few on the street I'd love to see Sophie turn!

Emma Raducanu

I've loved the storyline where Mary's son can't stop lying and his wife reckons the marriage is dead anyway and she leaves him after another failed attempt at rescuing some romance only for her to change her mind about their entire marriage and future life because he apparently knows how to use an EpiPen. Makes sense.

Malcy

Quote from: DolphinFace on September 06, 2018, 08:12:02 PM
I've loved the storyline where Mary's son can't stop lying and his wife reckons the marriage is dead anyway and she leaves him after another failed attempt at rescuing some romance only for her to change her mind about their entire marriage and future life because he apparently knows how to use an EpiPen. Makes sense.

Is the worst thing to happen in Corrie in a long time and that says a lot. Lied about being a water knowledge person for years to his wife ( I'm drunk and can't remember the job title, Mari e biologist maybe)?

There was a thing on last night. Who The Fuck Does Ken Barlow Think He Is or something. Apparently Amanda Barrie who played Alma & Jenny Bradley who's been in it for years with a break are cousins and never knew.

It's one of these shows I hate to watch and criticise like fuck. But I've been watching for 20+ years because it was on in the house. You get drawn in no matter how shite it is. Very poor recently. And I'm at my wit's end with not one person in Weatherfield knowing a famous person or film. It's always 'ooooh Harry whotsit and the thingy of what's it called etc. Yea people say similar in real life but not EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME.

Corrie's redeeming qualities are it's totty. Sarah, Bethany, Maria, Kate, Sophie, Rosie...

Rambling bit the fanny is the thing that makes it worth watching. Imagine saying that in he 60's/70's. Phwoar Ena, Betty. Etc.

Pissed.

Emma Raducanu

Always enjoy a good Corrie Stag do. Everyone just has to look like they're having a really really good time, with a few choruses of "Wheeeyyy uurrrghhhh". It'ooo pre-watershed, it's cosy as fuck.

Jockice

Quote from: DolphinFace on September 07, 2018, 10:50:04 PM
Always enjoy a good Corrie Stag do. Everyone just has to look like they're having a really really good time, with a few choruses of "Wheeeyyy uurrrghhhh". It'ooo pre-watershed, it's cosy as fuck.

I haven't really been following it, but is the wedding the day after the stag night? This happens a lot on television, most recently on Casualty. Out of all the stag nights and weddings I've been to, not once has the latter been the day after the former. I once went to the pub the night before with the bridegroom the best man and a couple of others but that wasn't the stag night (which I missed. I was at a family christening) and all we did was have a couple of drinks and go home. But if it had been part of a television programme we'd have tied him up naked (after he'd copped off with another woman) had a few fights and kidnapped a sheep and left it in his hotel room. With hilarious consequences.

Custard

When in doubt, bring back Jim McDonald

Who looks that little bit more bored and put out each time

Gulftastic

Today's Classic Corrie had one of the finest moments in the programme's history.

What a 3 hit combo from Mike!

Jockice

See Maureen Lipman's in it now and has just been in a scene in which she managed to out-overact Dev, which certainly takes some doing.

I haven't seen her acting in anything on TV for years, possibly decades. I see her 'I'm leaving Labour because of Corbyn hating Jews even though I had already left Labour because of Milliband, who actually is Jewish,' act has served her well.

Of course I'm in no way suggesting her prime motive was publicising herself...

timebug

I don't watch CS myself, but my wife used to; wasn't Maureen Lipman in it once before (for ten minutes) as some kind of replacement landlady/manager at the Rovers Return? I seem to recall she was hyped up in the TV comics (TV Times,Whats On TV et al) as being 'potentially' a long running character. But no one among the viewing public liked her character,and she was gone in double quick time!

Jockice

Quote from: timebug on September 16, 2018, 10:13:06 AM
I don't watch CS myself, but my wife used to; wasn't Maureen Lipman in it once before (for ten minutes) as some kind of replacement landlady/manager at the Rovers Return? I seem to recall she was hyped up in the TV comics (TV Times,Whats On TV et al) as being 'potentially' a long running character. But no one among the viewing public liked her character,and she was gone in double quick time!

That does sort of ring a bell actually.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: timebug on September 16, 2018, 10:13:06 AM

I vaguely remember after Bet's triumphant return to the Rovers and subsequent departure after about three weeks because Julie Goodyear couldn't hack the workload, Maureen Lipman was drafted in. They had to reshoot quickly and they needed a 'name' to sticky plaster over the wound. I don't believe Maureen ever intended to say beyond her three month contract.

Ah here we are.

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/653738/Maureen-Lipman-Coronation-Street-unpopular-Rovers-Return

timebug

Thank you, I may have got the planned length of stay wrong, but I was sure she had appeared in it before! Nice to know that two of my remaining six brain cells still function from time to time!

jobotic

She was tedious last night. We don't need a humourless Blanche thanks.

Gulftastic

Quote from: jobotic on September 18, 2018, 03:49:07 PM
She was tedious last night. We don't need a humourless Blanche thanks.

Indeed. Such awful writing. So rushed. From meeting Tirrone for the first time, to moving in with him in a couple of episodes then going round insulting everyone on the street.

Jockice

Is it just me or is her reputation as a great actress completely at odds with her actual acting talents? All that most people will remember her for is those BT adverts and possibly Agony. Which was nearly 40 years ago. But from the coverage during the anti-semitism stuff you'd think she was the female version of Sir John Gielgud. I think she's been bloody awful on the Street so far. The only thing I can say in her favour is that she's better than the woman who plays Rosie Webster. But at least that one (Helen Flanagan - I had to look that up) is going out with a Celtic footballer. Which counts for something. With me at least.