Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,785
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:26:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What goes with mackerel

Started by madhair60, September 25, 2012, 12:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

I've got some mackerels, yeah?  And I want to eat it, but I don't know what to have with the cunts.  I'm thinking maybe rice, but rice and what, is the question.

Anyway I'm sure you all have some useful and hilarious suggestions, such as "why don't you have it with your bollocks, madhair60" or "why don't you have it with an underage cartoon girl, madhair60".  Well fuck all of you, I don't want your fucking help anyway.

Can anyone help me?

Cerys

dr_christian_troy

Buttered crackers. Maybe combine with smoked salmon and cream cheese.

Blumf

I asked a penguin and he said 'more mackerel'

NoSleep

CaledonianGonzo

A nice Nicoise salad - but NoSleep's query is an important one, as you'd treat fresh differently from smoked.

mook

horseradish and sourdough bread and pickled cucumbers. smoked eel too, some beetroot. if they are fresh, i mean caught today fresh just grill them. best fish in the sea by a mile. earlier in the season they're go well with gooseberries. 

Absorb the anus burn

Mary is not amused

Good horseradish source is essential.  Other than that, some salad and buttered brown bread.

Danny Dyer

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on September 25, 2012, 12:47:00 PM
A nice Nicoise salad - but NoSleep's query is an important one, as you'd treat fresh differently from smoked.

yeah?wopping great fucking yawn in your mug,
when i go fishing i take a few stickls pf bamboo with me to frighten awa

BlodwynPig

Quote from: mook on September 25, 2012, 01:12:06 PM
horseradish and sourdough bread and pickled cucumbers. smoked eel too, some beetroot. if they are fresh, i mean caught today fresh just grill them. best fish in the sea by a mile. earlier in the season they're go well with gooseberries.

Before even entering the thread i though "i bet mook has posted something about horseradish and sourdough bread", as sure as eggs is eggs...there it is.

mook

can't beat the classics mate.

how about tarragon with a tomato confit?

SetToStun

Gut them, split them, grill them fairly briefly and serve with buttered brown bread, horseradish sauce and a couple of quartered only-just-hard-boiled eggs. Have some good malt vinegar to hand, just in case.

madhair60

Quote from: NoSleep on September 25, 2012, 12:42:35 PM
Smoked, tinned or fresh?

Smoked.  I'm not Bruce fucking Springsteen!

SimonG156

Crushed with mayonnaise. Rocket salad. Lightly Toasted sourdough. A lemon.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: SetToStun on September 25, 2012, 01:54:42 PM...Have some good malt vinegar to hand, just in case.

In case of what?

NoSleep

Falling down a hill, amongst other things.

mook

Quote from: madhair60 on September 25, 2012, 02:10:08 PM
Smoked.  I'm not Bruce fucking Springsteen!

that has to be the best thing i've ever read on c&b, apart from whatever i spew out, but that almost went without saying.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: NoSleep on September 25, 2012, 02:38:14 PM
Falling down a hill, amongst other things.

Good point - seems so obvious now I think about it.

SetToStun

Quote from: Ignatius_S on September 25, 2012, 02:37:09 PM
In case of what?

In case good horseradish is too much for him - some people wimp out surprisingly easily and vinegar goes well with mackerel, just not as well as good horseradish, obviously.

madhair60

I've never had horseradish.  Does it taste like either horse or radish?

lazyhour

Serve it atop a bowl of Japanese rice, with a light mustard dressing. Add some roasted sesame seeds, shredded nori and bonito flakes. Fucking gorgeous.

holyzombiejesus

Buttery mash and peas.

I've been a vegetarian for nearly 30 years now and whilst the smell of bacon is supposed to be the thing that tempts most non-carnivores back to the flesh, for me it'll always be mackerel.

Snobbish Puerile Wanker

I sometimes have it with pasta. As a sort of tuna substitute.

mook

why don't we see seal-lions on the telly anymore? when i was a kid, the whiskery beauties were always on, doing juggling and stuff and doing their best to hide the "training welts".

this isn't really a tangent, i just presume they like mackerel.

NoSleep

hummingofevil

Have a Caribbean feast. Rice. Jerk Black beans and spring onions fried. Some nice greens or just lettuce and proper BBQ sauce.

Actually, smoked mackerel and BbQ sauce is always lush.

Consignia

Birdseye Potato Waffles. They go with anything, as I am reliably informed they are waffley versatile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je3UGI1jMP8