Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,786
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:32:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Insomnia o'clock, giant flash in the sky

Started by Saucer51, September 26, 2012, 02:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saucer51

I'm sitting in an armchair in my study, sleeping upright because I have a chest infection. But I'm wide awake due to my coughy and wheeziness and have just seen a big flash out of my window. The window gives an uninterrupted view but it didn't seem like lightning that usually fills up the sky or even the room. It seemed to be an large ovalish shape burst of light that may have been high up in the stars. I'm sure all you good Cab'ers are asleep right now but when you read this, could anyone of an astronomic persuasion let me know what it might have been. Another Tunguska?
I'm off to Google now.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Saucer51

Harry Badger

I'm disappointed to see that Greg from Dreadzone, who I had an excellent time skanking around to at Nozstock in July, is on the Gervais cunt-train.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I was disappointed that dreadzone no longer had any of the advertised dread in their zone. Languidzone should be what they are known as now.

Dead kate moss

Why does Cuntvais ask for 'contact details' (to be posted publicly being the likely inference?) - oh, I'm sure he just meant Twitter handles or something. Didn't mean to get his army of twonks spreading personal info I'm sure.

Conversely, what if I were to ask people on Twitter to supply me with 'contact details' of someone who I was professing an urge to have a confrontation with?

Saucer51

More to the point, aren't you all in the wrong thread for monstering Gervais?

Dead kate moss

More to the point it was most rude of me not to express sympathy for your chest infection, seated sleeping arrangement & associated insomniacal unpleasantness. I really am very sorry.

Don't know about the UFO though, perhaps you have gone mental. Hope this helps.

Saucer51

Quote from: Dead kate moss on September 26, 2012, 08:22:27 AM
More to the point it was most rude of me not to express sympathy for your chest infection, seated sleeping arrangement & associated insomniacal unpleasantness. I really am very sorry.

Don't know about the UFO though, perhaps you have gone mental. Hope this helps.

I'm very reassured now.

BlodwynPig

There was some space junk that fell to earth a few days ago - could be more of the same. Or an early firework set off by night time Badgers.

Hangthebuggers

Could simply have been an unexplained flash in the sky.

doppelkorn

Are you sure it wasn't your eyes going all funny?

chocky909

SetToStun

Do you have any unexplained gaps in your memory and a sore bottom at all? If so, I have a theory concerning what you saw...

Saucer51

My nostrils are sore! There's a red rash just beneath my nose!

BlodwynPig

Treguard of Dunshelm

Quote from: Saucer51 on September 26, 2012, 11:17:36 AM
My nostrils are sore! There's a red rash just beneath my nose!

Have you had sex with small_world? If so, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you...

Uncle TechTip

I wish 2013 would hurry up and arrive. Is it me or is this year getting slower and slower?

Neville Chamberlain

The most obvious explanation is that it's a ball of lightning bouncing off a strut.

Ginyard

SetToStun

jfjnpxmy

Next step: Mass blindness, plants killing every motherfucker and middle-class douchebags saving the world.

mook

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on September 26, 2012, 12:23:43 PM
I wish 2013 would hurry up and arrive. Is it me or is this year getting slower and slower?

it was only last week sometime i discovered it wasn't august! my perception of time is ballsed. now i know it's september it's almost october.

Lost Oliver

I think we've had at least two days stolen from us this year and I've even got facts to prove it.

Could the flash have been God's twinkling eye, or eyes?

The last time I saw a UFO, I tripped over a hedgehog only seconds later. Was this related?

Obel

Christ, a potentially interesting thread derailed to Gervais on the second fucking post.

batwings

I experienced something like that many years ago. I was looking up at a clear night sky when a bright beam of light seemed to flash directly out from the center of where I was looking, which was out into deep space. Never found out what it was. Could it have been a cosmic ray directly hitting my optic nerve? Is such a thing even possible?

No missing time or anything, unless you count the 90s.

Jerzy Bondov

This reminds me of the time I looked up in the sky and there was an alien spaceship there. Couldn't believe it.