Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:59:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pre-announcements

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, October 02, 2012, 08:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Today the BBC are reporting what Ed Miliband will say in his speech, down to the precise phrasing, before he says it. If this wasn't annoying enough, they are also trailing what the Tory response to it is going to be, forcing everyone watching and reading to live through it twice.

When did this start happening, and if the news have already reported what youre going to say, what's the need to even pissing say it?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: BBC YesterdayIn a groundbreaking new thread Shoulders?-Stomach! is expected to say "Today the BBC are reporting what Ed Miliband will say in his speech, down to the precise phrasing, before he says it. If this wasn't annoying enough, they are also trailing what the Tory response to it is going to be, forcing everyone watching and reading to live through it twice.

When did this start happening, and if the news have already reported what youre going to say, what's the need to even pissing say it?"

In response to this post, BlodwynPig will post a fictious quote attributed to the BBC highlighting Shoulders' post in a rather stale meta-joke kind of way.

ziggy starbucks

I wish they would pre-announce their pre-announcements so I would have more time to pre-announce my own pre-announced response. Which in this case would be a boring and irrelevant photoshopped image of Ed Milliband dressed as a lollipop man standing in the middle of the M6.

chand

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 02, 2012, 08:32:29 AMWhen did this start happening, and if the news have already reported what youre going to say, what's the need to even pissing say it?

It's been going on for a few years at least, I often wonder if there's any point having them actually make the speech now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That's decided then- all news outlets and journalists who parrot cynical pre-released info leaked from political parties to be shot at dawn, and their remains fed to Kate Middleton, who let's face it is a growing girl.

Icehaven

I got a message from Wikipedia today saying my edit to Ed Miliband's about how he's easily turn on and offable had been deleted as ''it wasn't constructive''. Still, it was there for about 3 weeks.