Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:35:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Not using shampoo

Started by Retinend, October 03, 2012, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveachocolatebiscuit

What about if you have a sweaty lifestyle playing football or going to the gym etc? Can you still just rinse off with water and the natural oils will take care of it? ANSWER ME!

Small Man Big Horse

You could always spray aftershave in your hair. Or deodorant.

Quote from: BlueSkies on October 04, 2012, 02:13:09 PM
I just rove a bar of soap over my head instead of shampoo.

And I shave using the lather from the same bar of soap.

In fact you can a judge a man's manliness by how many applications he finds for an ordinary bar of soap.

I use the lather for shaving as well, as I can't be arsed to buy shaving foam, even though it would probably work out cheaper in the long run.

Thanks for all the advice re:fluffy hair, I shall head to poundland tomorrow and see what other brands they stock.

Quote from: Mr Eggs on October 03, 2012, 07:24:08 PM
Any white men on here with Dreadlocks? Show yerselves. We can organise a didgeridoo amnesty and get you help.

I have to say that I deplore this revisionism, which seeks to deny the historic truth that dreadlocks are the oldest recorded indigenous hairstyle amongst the good, honest white folks of these islands.  I well remember being moved to tears the first time I saw that photo of my great grandparents standing outside their croft with their dreads gently swaying in the Hebridean breeze.  Great Uncle Donald was in his pram with his first strands of hair teased into a lone dreadlock.  Even the sheep had dreadlocks. 

Nowadays, the young people all believe the dissemblers who seek to convince us that the incomers from the Empire brought the dreadlock to these shores.  I believe that some of them don't even know that reggae originated in the Peak District.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: The Βoston Crab on October 03, 2012, 09:12:28 PM
I've got a mate who never used to use shampoo because he and his girlfriend didn't 'believe in it'. .........They were arrested while asleep under a tree covered in newspapers they'd stolen.

No offence but your mate does not sound like a high flyer.

The Βoston Crab

That's how people roll in Tasmania.

He's a lecturer in music.

Uncle TechTip

An aggressive busker, then?

haveachocolatebiscuit

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on October 04, 2012, 06:30:52 PMEven the sheep had dreadlocks. 

Sheep have natural dreadlocks around their bumholes. Fact.

WesterlyWinds

I stopped using shampoo for a while and instead used baking soda (mild abrasive) and apple cider vinegar (apparently has a similar effect to conditioner). Was pretty good and my hair was as healthy as ever. It only very occasionally smelt a bit of vinegar, but that was mainly when the hot water was fucked and I had to use cold water (which closes hair cuticles presumably making the vinegar get 'trapped' inside the hairs[nb]Some top quality science there.[/nb].) Fucking hassle carting that shit around with you in a wash bag, though. I eventually relented and have now gone back to using shampoo. My scalp is now flaky as fuck, but I can't work out whether it's dry scalp or dandruff. Oh woe is me[nb]'First' world problems[/nb].

lardboy

I last used shampoo in 2009, and have been happily water-washing every day since then.  Mind you, it helps that I shave down to grade 0 and let it grow back for a couple of weeks, then repeat.

I had gerasy hair and dandruff before I stopped using shampoo, and since then it's been fine, with a slight greasiness to my pillowcases being the only downside, but at least this indicates when it's time to change the bed.

Lyndon

I'm interested in this new race of men you are breeding freed from the shackles of Big Toiletry. But one thing that does perturb me is this talk of natural oils. I remember what my body's natural oils did to me during puberty and I have not forgiven them. I turn 27 next week and I'm still on prescription medication as part of the post-conflict reconstruction operations. The idea that we form an alliance is very far-fetched.

haveachocolatebiscuit

I think you might be on to something. I haven't washed my balls for three days and my bodies natural oils don't seem to be helping the stench.