Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,806
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:34:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Holidays - a whores tale

Started by My Giddy Aunt, August 13, 2004, 05:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Giddy Aunt

What ho.

I'm delighted to report that i am off on holiday to iceland (via cunt-London this weekend). I've never been but have wanted to ever since i was a tiny wee nipper and did a project on volcanoes or something.

Anyone else been?

Anyways whores, whats your favouritest ever holiday/ holiday experience / dream place to go?

I will recount tales on my return if anyone cares.

and yes i am smug that i am going on holiday and not working

You lucky man. Iceland is my dream place to visit. A beautiful country.

Probably the most interesting place I've been on holiday is Amsterdam, for extremely obvious reasons...

didgeripoo

Oooh you fucker. I'd love to go to Iceland.

My favourite holiday overall was probably Gozo, a little island off've Malta. Friendly people, interesting architecture, small enough to get to know pretty well in a week (provided you hire a car), good snorkelling/diving. It was just lush. And you get a helicopter from Malta to go there. Wheeeeeee!

I enjoyed the small amount of time I spent in Warsaw aswell.

Doctor Stamen

Iceland, Japan or some random island that fits about 3 people would be my ideal destination, all for different reasons.  Was supposed to go to Iceland last year but it kinda just didn't happen.

My Giddy Aunt

Iceland is ridiculously good. Really, i had one of (maybe the) best holiday ever.

Pretty pictures:

gazzyk1ns

lardboy

That looks amazing!  I'm now officially jealous.

Did you try standing right next to the geyser like the bloke in the first one?  Looks like fun!

My Giddy Aunt

Urm yes. But its quite dangerous. If the wind picks up its a bit like having a shower straight from the kettle.

lardboy

Quote from: "Joyless Milk"Urm yes. But its quite dangerous. If the wind picks up its a bit like having a shower straight from the kettle.

Ooh, that might sting a bit.  Be worth it for the pictures, though.

Crazy Penis

That looks very nice. Especially the photo of Oven Glove Pond. That water looks good enough to eat.

Capuchin

It looks a beauty.
How easy is it to get around? Neither me or my girlfriend can drive so we rely on public transport wheneer we go away.

slim

Those pictures make me feel like eating my own teeth out. I've always wanted to go to Iceland, and now I want to even more.

I really must sort out my fear of flying :(

chand's girlfriend

shit

how much would a week in iceland cost!?!?!

i wanna go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chand's girlfriend

Quote from: "Capuchin"It looks a beauty.
How easy is it to get around? Neither me or my girlfriend can drive so we rely on public transport wheneer we go away.

i read somewhere that there are no trains on iceland. that they just have like one or two motorways, and lots of planes and boats. :/

Ronster

I've just realised my life has become bizarre in that my fave holiday destination is good old Blighty.

Just came home for three weeks in the summer and had a cracker of a time seeing my mates and family and the old haunts...and now there is a meet on in my home town Birmingham and Im on the other side of the world. Bah.

Oh well have to make do with a life involving nice weather, very few chavs and the like and wonderful fella :) in glorious Melbourne

(apart from that did love holidays in the past to Japan andt Petersburg)

Artemis

Hmmm yes, I'm inclined to agree. The UK looks particularly tempting - I never appreciated its qualities until I let it go <wipes tear away>

I'm the kind of person who appreciates things more after it's over, anyway. Margaret River in Western Australia is just paradise - especially if you drive around and go up some random deserted road only to find a beach that you really believe could never have been discovered before. Wonderful. I wish I took more (or even some) photos!

My Giddy Aunt

Basically its not as hard to get around or as randomly remote as you might think.

You can fly there from Stan(fuckin)Sted on IcelandExpress which is a low cost carrier. Not as low cost as Easyjet or whatever but still relatively cheap.
But once you get there its all bloody expensive but relatively easy to get around on public transport, its what i used.

I flew to the North from Reykjavik for £50 for example.
Got buses around, Akureyri to Lake Myvatn (national park style nice place) and its about £20.

I was camping which is, in inhabited areas, about £6-7 a night. A guesthouse room will be about £30 a night per person.

And if you are afraid of flying then go by boat from Aberdeen/ the highlands. Will take a bit less than a week and you get to go via the Shetlands and faroe islands which is probably pretty cool in itself.

I suspect the cheapest way to do it is to somehow get hold of a 4WD and get on a ferry to there. You can camp in free places and if you take loads of food and gas and that then your sorted. Oh yeah, take some booze too, its £6 a pint.

My Giddy Aunt

Quote from: "chand's girlfriend"
Quote from: "Capuchin"It looks a beauty.

i read somewhere that there are no trains on iceland. that they just have like one or two motorways, and lots of planes and boats. :/
Indeed no trains. I suspect lava, gaps and holes appearing in the ground and ice would play havoc with the lines. :/

poison popcorn

Quote from: "Joyless Milk"And if you are afraid of flying then go by boat from Aberdeen/ the highlands. Will take a bit less than a week and you get to go via the Shetlands and faroe islands which is probably pretty cool in itself.

yeah, big fancy boat. never been on it yet but seeing those pics makes me more inclined to do so. and if any of you fancy stopping off in shetland for a quick glimpse of the 18th century we can all go quaff some ale in a hut.

Capuchin

Thanks for the information, very useful!
Now I'm just going to have to persuade my girlfriend to come on holiday to somewhere cooler than we are already.
Not going to be impressed.
The photos will help though, cheers :]

My Giddy Aunt

Quote from: "poison popcorn"
Quote from: "Joyless Milk"And if you are afraid of flying then go by boat from Aberdeen/ the highlands. Will take a bit less than a week and you get to go via the Shetlands and faroe islands which is probably pretty cool in itself.

yeah, big fancy boat. never been on it yet but seeing those pics makes me more inclined to do so. and if any of you fancy stopping off in shetland for a quick glimpse of the 18th century we can all go quaff some ale in a hut.
Ya reckon we could get a sticky for the first annual Shetland meet?

poison popcorn

[/quote]
Ya reckon we could get a sticky for the first annual Shetland meet?[/quote]

is that a euphemism? sounds good though, i wouldn't have to travel anywhere, and the weather's been top for weeks...

hencole

I've been to Iceland, and one of the best travelling experiences ever, after Moscow and Prague. I like the bleak beauty of the place as it makes me feel at home. I'd really like to live there for a year or two to contrast the different seasons, as I'm sure it probably gets quite depressing come the winter. Have fun and take lots of money that you can't afford. Though to be honest I'm sure the drinks prices aren't far off you London ones by now.