Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:44:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Things you've laughed at, but shouldn't have done.

Started by Spiteface, February 12, 2004, 08:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyo Sexwhale

Cliche Guevara

A few months back while I was in school I used to visit Vision Mong the odd time. The school library- a very quiet room, wasn't the best place to try and hold in the hysterical laughter some of the images induced in me. I remember I used to just bow my head down while my shoulders bounced up and down against the back of my chair hoping those around me wouldn't think worse of me. Or notice me.

Cliche Guevara

Oh yeah, having fun and laughing was prohibited where I went to school.

Goldentony

actual story time, from me:

about 4 years ago me my dad and my brother were sitting in the outside garden bit of this caravan we have in wales, anyway, all the cars in there are parked in this big fuck off bit of tarmac outside all the caravans, not many cars there, and its a bright sunny day.

were sitting there in silence, reading, when this old man who's just reently got out of a wheelchair for a broken leg, goes past us on a bike, he heads towards the car park, as he cycles past my dads car, he suddely jerks sideways, and twats his legs on the corner of the car, and lets out this almighty "ooooowwwwweeeuuur" sound.

rather than help him, or see how he is, my dad lets out this large guffaw and runs off into the caravan, this triggers me and my brother to do the exact same, and watch the event unfold from behind the net curtains in the caravan.

the car was ok tho

Artemis

'The Propeller Guy' from Titanic never fails to make me squirm trying to stifle fits of giggles. I remember spats of laughter from random sections of the cinema on the two occasions I saw the movie, followed by mumbles of dissaproval by those accompanying them. I was delighted to find that The Propeller Guy' got a mention in the opening to the Oscars that year, by Billy Crystal though - he referenced him in the Titanic song of the song-montage Crystal always does for best-picture nonminated films.

For those who have no idea what I'm on about, The Propeller Guy is the one who falls off the boat when it's sticking up in the water, but quite uniquely, he hits the propeller on his way down and spins several times before making contact with the ocean.

I always find myself laughing when Mel Gibson gets hanged-drawn-quartered in Braveheart. Always a bit disappointing that you don't get to see him being quartered.

You know those adverts for the post office that show scroungers doing some mundane task 'for the first time' before getting their money from the post office 'for the first time' so they can go and buy the daily star? Yes the ones with the suicidal music.

Well there's one with a blind man on a bike and the sudden and unexpected close up of his blind face is bloody funny and yet i'm sure if I saw it and laughed in polite company (or at the post office for the first time) I would be frowned upon.

Almost Yearly

I was sat down with some friends in quite a poshe chinese restaurant when a large reserved table next to us became filled with profoundly deaf people. First of course there were all the joey sounds coming from them, which we were too well rounded to allow ourselves to laugh at. This may have been a mistake, because it filled our giggle cisterns up to maximum, and when one of them let rip extremely loudly, and the whole bunch of them were oblivious to it until one by one the smell reached them, we were cacking up our crackers.

Purple Tentacle

When I was in Slough recently I went alone into one of the worst pubs I'd ever been in.

I had time to kill, however, so I sat in the corner with a Guinness and tried to ignore the squalor.

Everything was fine until a couple came in with their handicapped son (who was in his mid twenties I think), and he was obviously as unenamoured with the pub as I was that when their food arrived he started shrieking louder than anything I've ever heard, and threw his food at the walls.
I really wish I had that honesty.

Oh dear, this thread really is "laugh at the crips", isn't it?  

My uncle's handicapped, you should have seen him at his grandmother's funeral. HIS FACE!!!!!!!!!1

mwude

Quote from: "Cliche Guevara"A few months back while I was in school I used to visit Vision Mong the odd time. The school library- a very quiet room, wasn't the best place to try and hold in the hysterical laughter some of the images induced in me.

Yes looking at Vision Mong whilst in a school library can be a harrowing experience.  Especially when you are an assistant teacher & some of your class are sat nearby.  

In particular the 'Mong Richard Blackwood' thread which had me barely supressing chuckles until I got to the pic of him with a massive cock in his mouth.  I let out a huge involuntary snort and the pupils & the dowdy old librarian all immediately looked at the screen.  As it was in France none of them had a clue who Blackwood was so as far as they were concerned I was laughing at a picture of some random guy with an enormous cock in his mouth.

pandadeath

At school sometime last year we were made to sit through a play about driving safety. In the play, as you probably can guess, somebody gets crippled in a car accident and his future goes down the pan, blah blah blah.  Well, at one point the guy was just onstage, by himself, in a wheelchair looking all crippled and helpless, there was a voiceover running - which was meant to be the blokes memories of the car crash.

The last thing it said in the voice over was "Put your foot down" which I then repeated to one of my friends (quietly though, obviously) finding it hilarious. The voiceover went off, the room was silent and I laughed. The room was silent and there was a man onstage in a fucking wheelchair looking spazzed out. People looked round, disgust written on their faces.

So, in short, I was deemed even more unpopular and some cheery Drama school drop-outs were having a hard time because somebody laughed at their disability play.

http://chilled.cream.org/forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=201

Quote from: "The Observer"
The truly telling laugh, Morris feels, is the laugh that escapes us despite our better judgment.[

A little late, but pertinent none the less.

fanny splendid

Natasha having to have a number one to pay for brother Daniel's bashed up legs to be repaired...

Xander

I feel dirty laughing at anything from //www.playgroundlaw.com - Just like this thread, it features amusing stories of childhood, mostly centred around Joey Deacon types.

gazzyk1ns

Hehe I always think I've read everything on there, but I always laugh as soon as I start browsing again... for example I just came across the rhyme:

"Ta ra ra bum di ay,
my knickers flew away,
They came back yesterday,
Ta ra ra bum di ay."

EDIT: Oh no, I've just poohed piss out of my earholes from laughing too much:

QuoteInform a friend, on the way to swim lessons, that you have a fascinating story for him and could you please just see his hand? Procure a pen and draw three tiny stick figures on top of his hand. Tell him: "There were three men having a walk. One was blind, one was dumb, and one was deaf. Here goes the blind one (draw the man's trajectory up the arm)--tell him when to stop." Break off the line when your friend says stop. "Here goes the dumb one. Tell him when to stop." Same thing again. "Here goes the deaf one. Tell him when to stop." Your friend will do so. He will become alarmed when, instead of stopping, you scribble all the way up his arm, lacerating it because you're digging so hard. The man is deaf you see. He cannot hear.

You don't have to be on the way to swim lessons, but the man must be deaf.