Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,804
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:26:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Prague calling...

Started by The Man With Brass Eyes, September 02, 2004, 04:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi gang!

I need your advice here...

I recently split up with my girlfriend and have been on anti-depressants sinc....

no no no, wrong thread....

any advice you can offer me on going to Prague?
looking to travel with a gang of us (we're not skin-heads or nothing)... on a budget (aiming to stay in hostels for three days).

any tips on where to go, what to do, which airlines are best, which streets to avoid...

cheers.

the word is budget.  or "shoe-string" in modern vernacular.

the month is October if that helps.

(you may post screen-grabs of the computer game Hitman 2 to highlight places to see)

Cliche Guevara

Purple Tentacle

Czech Airlines are pretty cheap, look for underground bars where the food is excellent, steer well clear of eating anywhere with the name "square" in it as it will be massively overpriced, don't go to the Museum of Communism unless you enjoy being depressed, DO go to Prague Castle because it's lovely, have lots of walking and if you pay more than a quid for a pint of beer you're being ripped off.
And have a lovely time!

They have weird toilets:

..and look out for THESE cheeky fellas

And they all speak the Queen's.  The inhabitants, not the statues.

thanks.

that second picture looks the most photoshopped image I've ever seen.
and I suspect it's not which is madness.

Purple Tentacle

Toilets and piss. It's a lot nicer than that, honestly!

edit: The Lonely Planet guide to Prague is very good.

And don't get a taxi from the airport, the busses and tubes are very easy to get to grips with.  Do you know where you're staying?

The cock is very lifelike.

not a clue where staying yet.

Phase 1 is getting cheapish flights.  I think we're looking to hit for the £100 mark.

a friend has seen them for £69 but that could be rubbish.

Billy The Fish

Nah, you can easily get them for £69, I think I got them for about that and I'm crap at this sort of thing.

Check out expedia.co.uk, they do good flight/hotel combos.

Gimme a PM if you want any more advice!

edit: Oops, I've changed computer and I'm Billy The Fish again!  I'm Purple Tentacle by the way, PM him. Not me.

Mediocre Rich

Goldfinger is THE best strip club I have ever been in.  A kind of massive cabaret club where the women do unspeakable things to their gorgeous mates.  Crazy.  

However don't bother with a "Private" Lapdance.  They are too weird for words.

The Cuckoo clock in the town center is amusing as well.

splattermac

from the mouths of others:

Learn how to say "no thanks" in Praguish because you will be pestered.

Their bogs are weird with their stool inspection ledges.

Don't follow large African gentlemen to strip clubs where you can get a better rate.

It's a sex capital so you can ditch your morals and get a shag for cash.

They do a shit breakfast.

Pretty girls and not much agro from the locals, look out for Brits on the piss because they are the cunts most likely to pick a fight with you. No change there then.

Capt.Midnight

If you meet a man who claims to have been voted Mr.Denmark 2001 RUN AWAY.

notnotnatnats

Czech airlines are ok.

Drink staropramen, it's cheap over there and lovely.

Go to the buggy, buggy cocktail bar near Muzeum metro. You can get fabulous OTT cocktails for about 1.50 and there are a couple of great cabaret bars nearby.

Ooh, and get a 5 day metro/bus ticket for a fiver.

And avoid the stag parties in wencalas square.

And take me in your suitcase!

Quote from: "Mediocre Rich"The Cuckoo clock in the town center is amusing as well.

Is that the one where death and another one come out hourly & bosh one another over the heads?

it sounds quite gruesome.

Purple Tentacle

You get the twelve apostles sliding out and grinning at you.

And Czech street hawkers getting suspciously near to your pockets while you look up.

any ideas where to go for these £69 prices?

Looked on expedia, lastminute, easyjet and I'm hitting the £130 mark.

(ps. I don't understand the 12 apostles comment)

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"And Czech street hawkers getting suspciously near to your pockets while you look up.

In my experience, the ones around Charles Bridge completely understand the words, 'Fuck Off'.

MarmiteCarpenter

I was in Prague just two weeks ago, it's full of plastic cows at the moment.

I second Czech airlines, they are good.

The huge 5-clubs-in-one nightclub by the river is fantastic, i can't remember the name tho, sorry

As for the locals, I've never seen so many astoundingly beautiful girls before in my life, and they all seem very flirtatious too :D

Edit to add: pick up a Mr.Gordonsky's City Spy Map if you can, they list all the good stuff and the 'useful phrases' on the back are quality!