Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:19:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Shallows - Shark Films

Started by Pinckle Wicker, June 09, 2016, 08:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just watched it there. It was alright and kind of what I expected. The shark is pretty cool and well yeah it does keep tension. Will leave it there just now to avoid any spoilers.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 25, 2016, 11:41:48 AM
People say Jaws invented the public fear of sharks, but there are sharks as a scary animal in some James Bond films prior to Jaws. So what was the first movie or book (or poem or play or song) where sharks were seen as as a danger? I don't think it's the Bible, or Anne Of Green Gables.

DW Griffith's
Birth of a Crustacean (1915)

mr beepbap

I really liked The Reef. Had a real feeling of dread watching that, esp how for them they had no option to run out to a beach/climb on a boat. Seemed very realistic to how an attack would happen with the little splashes and tail flicks they see. Based on a true story, think 1 out of 3 made it.

Kelvin

Watching a few clips of The Reef just now, that really looks scary. The exact kind of thing I was talking about when I said the fear is not knowing where it is, or when the attack is going to come. Effects looks pretty good, too, even compared to The Shallows.

mr beepbap

yeah mate its well worth a watch.is on netflix and has been on eithe syfy or horror in the last week as well.

Saw a shark film called 'In the Deep' earlier, not badly made at all..
Spoiler alert
nice downer ending
[close]

Head Gardener

saw this last night and
Spoiler alert
it's pretty good up until the shark gets it
[close]
and then the cinema erupted
Spoiler alert
into laughter at the most stupid shark death in the history of cinema
[close]

Head Gardener

Quote from: Head Gardener on August 15, 2016, 10:22:16 AM
saw this last night and
Spoiler alert
it's pretty good up until the shark gets it
[close]
and then the cinema erupted
Spoiler alert
into laughter at the most stupid shark death in the history of cinema
[close]

Yeah that was unexpected, to say the least. I agree with you though, I guess it is predictable because of the situation and premise but it does do it well and kept my interested and on edge most of the time.

Head Gardener

Shay Chaise

First twenty minutes was an arse advert. Last ten was laughable. Everything in between was actually quite taut and tense. Good, but not The Reef. Cheers to all who recommended that one.

Head Gardener

QuoteCheers to all who recommended that on

ah warned ya, ya didn't listen - can I just say here and now I have my doubts about the forthcoming Ben Hur