Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:01:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Er Ist Wieder Da (Look Who's Back)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, August 29, 2016, 10:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Er Ist Wieder Da (Look Who's Back) - Recently recommended in the Good Netflix Films thread, this is based on the hit novel of the same name which sees Hitler back from the dead and straight back on a crusade to make Germany great again. It's a little on the nose at times as it hammers it's message home (and could easily be thirty minutes shorter) but it's a pretty funny and smart satire, and definitely worth checking out.

Puce Moment

Will do - I had not even heard of this before.

Consignia

Seen the trailer, it looks amazing. I'm going to have to check it out.

neveragain

Lots of fun. As you say, a bit too obvious at times; the quiet character relationship moments are the best. Also features interesting use of Borat-style interviewing.

Replies From View

Is this the one with the talking babies and dogs?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Puce Moment on August 30, 2016, 12:46:48 PM
Will do - I had not even heard of this before.

I hadn't until yesterday when I was going through CaB threads for recommendations. I'm surprised it didn't get a cinema release given that it was a big hit in Germany, and a fairly controversial film, but maybe netflix paid them a sod load of money or something.

Quote from: neveragain on August 30, 2016, 01:46:51 PM
Lots of fun. As you say, a bit too obvious at times; the quiet character relationship moments are the best. Also features interesting use of Borat-style interviewing.

Whilst funny at times I found the real life public interviews to be a little bit disturbing after a while, the amount of people who didn't seem to be playing up for the camera and took Hitler seriously was a bit worrying. But then that is the point of the whole thing I guess.

Serge

I do keep meaning to check this out - I loved the book, despite it being essentially a one-joke book (but a very funny one.)