Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:04:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

I didn't get one, but I don't think I've raided an Ex gym in the last couple of weeks. Local chat was full of people begging each other for passes.

Just remote grazzed a Snorlax that I'd put in a gym on the way to work that someone was trying to take. So satisfying.

Barry Admin

Nice!

Regards double XP, I suspect there might be a traditional event at some point no we're leaving the summer. There whole thing recently though has seemed to be to restrict double XP so that everyone levels up through raids and friendship instead. I did predict that we'd get another good pass box at the end of the summer, and I see the current one has 14 Raid passes in it, so it'd be worth stocking up on those of you can afford to.

Gen 4 is clearly right around the corner too, after the gen 1 event, so that'd be a good time for an evolution XP bonus.

I just hope Deoxys is actually as useful as Mewtwo has been - his attack stat is stellar, but the proposed moves are a bit shit, and he's the glassiest of glass cannons. Evidently he can get meteor mash, which might explain why we're now getting a Beldum community day. He also has various forms, not sure how they're going to integrate those.

I'm hoping the PVP and other stuff comes out before long. Level cap needs raised for sure, preferably with Ingress-style badge requirements so it's not all just about grinding XP. Pokestop submissions are being trialled now in a couple of countries too, so that's coming soon for level 40's.

king_tubby

IIRC there have been double XP events for Thanksgiving, so maybe we'll have that this year too.

Though I am racing through level 39 due to these friend XPs, I'm nearly half way there, took me months to get from 38 to 39.

I have 60 raid passes which I can't get rid of!

king_tubby

Remember when Lapras were good? Now I can't even be bothered to get off the sofa to get one at a stop 2 minutes walk away.

Barry Admin

God damnit I should have bought at least one of those 14 raid pass boxes, they're gone now. I just used my free coins to get the middle one. And I'm starting to get back into the game now.

I got called to some raids yesterday as people noticed me in the area, and finally got a Mewtwo with 15 attack! Not sure I'll ever use him now given he can't get Shadow Ball, but might causally power him up. He's weather boosted too.

One of my level 40 Blisseys got 11 victories on Friday night, and 8 last night, hahahahahaha! I'm back finishing off two gyms in an area that caused a lot of drama that put me off the game. It's full of Instinct cheaters and nutbags, but I got one done overnight, and one left to go, and there's only like 18% badge progress left. The guy who lives beside it is obsessed with keeping it, but I can tell he's on nights at the minute, and the people he sends round to try and take it back are trash, hence all my victories. I maxed out my 100% Blissey over the weekend, so I'm gonna drop that in to this Archway gym for fun, even after I get my gold badge. A lot of the Mystics like to go down and stack the gym with baby Pokémon now to troll him, but my way of trolling is to put in a level 40 Blissey and berry it ten times when anyone attacks. :-D I am a real BASTARD when it comes to defending!

king_tubby

Missed a local Mewtwo raid last night cos I was putting the child to bed, how much longer have we got?

There's an announcement today about my office moving - pretty much got every gym on the commute to gold, so if we're going to where I think we're going to, there'll be a few more lunchtime walks to own the locals.

Barry Admin

22 days/October 23rd. And then he'll come back again at some point as a shiny, I'm sure.

11 hours left until the research breakthrough changes to the pretty but ultimately totally useless Suicune.

Barry Admin

Good luck with EX Raids today, I can't wait for mine!

Shiny Krabby and Octillery now released.

I'd say the best new field research quests are :

Evolve ten water types for a Dratini
Trade a Pokémon for a Feebas
Catch 5 Pokemon for Krabby shiny chance
Earn a candy with your buddy for Octillery
Use 5 Pinaps for 1 silver Pinap.

Thankfully I've got 1 silver Pinap here, hopefully I can find a few more for Deoxys.

Barry Admin

Caught him, 11/15/11, pure trash. Didn't even have any pinaps left either. Better luck with 2 Mewtwo raids - 15/15/13 (96%) and 15/12/15 (93%). Tempted to power up the 93% and leave him with Psychic moves or TM him to ice as a dragon killer. Meh, I dunno.

canadagoose

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 02, 2018, 05:39:47 PM
Caught him, 11/15/11, pure trash. Didn't even have any pinaps left either. Better luck with 2 Mewtwo raids - 15/15/13 (96%) and 15/12/15 (93%). Tempted to power up the 93% and leave him with Psychic moves or TM him to ice as a dragon killer. Meh, I dunno.
What are those numbers? I've seen people mention them before but I'm none the wiser, sorry.

king_tubby

IVs, or individual values. Attack, Defence and Stamina. A 100% IV poke is 15/15/15.

Here's the nerds at the Silph Road explaining:

https://thesilphroad.com/iv-rater

Barry Admin

Yeah, and PoGo takes all that and mashes it into a figure called CP, which gives extra weighting to the attack stat. So CP or IV percentage alone don't tell you the full story.

canadagoose

Interesting, thanks. I'll try putting some of my Pokemon into that tool and see what it comes up with.

On another topic, has anyone noticed the catch locations in the UK seem to have gone to crap lately? There have always been blanks - something to do with the grid it uses? - but now Edinburgh is coming up as " , Scotland, United Kingdom" and Perth is just " , , United Kingdom". Bit useless.

Barry Admin

That tool is laborious. If you're on Android use Calcy IV, and Pokegenie if you're on iPhone. On Pokegenie you have to take a screenshot, then scan it in. Calcy does this automatically as it can use an overlay.

Regardless, you might not get a result until you give more information, which is when you then need to put in the appraisal (or align the arc, which I never do.) Appraisal also gives you a general gauge of how perfect your Pokey is, so I appraise and then IV check if the appraisal is good enough, otherwise I just bin them.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-appraisal

A friend mentioned there's a problem with the geotagging of late, but I never pay any attention to them to be honest. I've got someone from the Philippines on my friends list, so I always make sure I have a free egg slot when I open his gifts as they're worth about 11km when traded.

I also notice that my friends geotags on Android seem to be more accurate - or rarer specific - than my iPhone ones, must be an OS thing.

Barry Admin

Appraisals can be a bit weird at first, but for example with my 96% Mewtwo, as a Valor player, Candela would say:

"Overall, your Pokemon simply amazes me. It can accomplish anything!"

So I know it's between 82% and 100% overall.

Then she'll say "Its Attack is its strongest feature." And then "I'm just as impressed with its Defense" so I know that those are the two best attributes, and the next thing she says will let me know the value of them:

"I'm blown away by its stats. WOW!" - so that means those two stats are 15/15.  Then I'd need to IV check to know what the stamina (also known as HP) is.

Weight and size values are random for each person, and have no bearing, apart from for the Magikarp and Rattata badges.

king_tubby

Barry Admin

Haha if you want me to show off, then look at this absolute beauty someone gave me yesterday, it was 19cp before the trade:

<3

Hobo

A bit short of candy though.

Barry Admin

This one ate them all:

king_tubby

Hobo

I managed to get hold of three 'evolve 10 water type' tasks at once, so I'll get three Dratinis for the price of one. Hopefully at least one will be worth evolving, if not it's still worth it for the pinapping opportunities for candy.

king_tubby

Gah, I've not had any decent quests in ages. Also got only two gifts from spinning fourteen stops/gyms on the way to work, so sorry everybody who is expecting one.

There's been some chat about multi-accounting on the local Facebook due to Niantic updating their TOS, apparently one person as 20+ accounts. But then she was spoofing from the start too, the cheating fuck.

Hobo

There's a local retired man with 5 accounts who uses them all to clear and hold gyms. I've reported him a few times but nothing has happened, I suspect that it's because he spends a fortune in real money on each account.

I have no problem with using multiple accounts to raid, but find it a bit cunty to clear gyms and hold them.

Anyway, Dratinis were cp351 12/11/13, cp346 12/12/9 and cp341 11/11/9 so they'll all be traded to see if they improve or go lucky for someone.

Barry Admin

Yeah berrying from more than one phone is a cunts trick. I dunno how multi accounters find the time!

The latest APK tear down indicates weekly fitness rewards, I like that.

king_tubby

Psychic event! Good news for me, cos I want to get a decent Ralts to power up. Also shiny Drowzee.

king_tubby

Ugh, just tried to solo a Starmie, it had Power Gem and was weather boosted so fucked me right up.

king_tubby

Oh wow, another Pikachu in a fucking hat, said no-one ever.

Barry Admin

Catch 10 Psychic-type Pokémon --> 1000 Stardust

Evolve 3 Slowpoke or Exeggcute --> Girafarig

Catch 5 Abra or Drowzee --> Jynx

Shithouse quests, apart from the dust one.

Barry Admin

Quote from: king_tubby on October 05, 2018, 09:58:11 AM
Also shiny Drowzee.

Yaaaass, just got mine, and found a Chansey quest too!