Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:57:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TORONTO MEET - Friday July 7th 2017

Started by QDRPHNC, June 20, 2017, 04:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: Noddy Tomkey on August 27, 2017, 10:32:01 PM
Nobody responded to my other post in this thread, so I can only assume that you either didn't get it or thought it was too shit and obvious to bother with. Well.

https://youtu.be/poddYVpSTPc

My wife (Canadian) really likes it. I just watched that on my phone and she laughed at most of it.

She has never been a step-dad (that I'm aware of though I suppose we all have secrets).

QDRPHNC

Blodwyn - probably easier to buy $10 or $20 worth of tokens from the machine at Union station, that way you're not always looking for exact change.

Ferris - You don't like Leslieville? Some great bars and restaurants. Certainly better nightlife overall than the Beaches, I think.

Kids in the Hall - mostly very good, sometimes great. Saw them at the Danforth Music Hall a couple of years ago, nearly wet my trousers.

Anyway, let's aim for the 15th at Castro's. If anyone is interested in dinner beforehand, Kyouka Ramen in the Beaches is fantastic.

BlodwynPig

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 28, 2017, 03:25:14 PM
Blodwyn - probably easier to buy $10 or $20 worth of tokens from the machine at Union station, that way you're not always looking for exact change.

Ferris - You don't like Leslieville? Some great bars and restaurants. Certainly better nightlife overall than the Beaches, I think.

Kids in the Hall - mostly very good, sometimes great. Saw them at the Danforth Music Hall a couple of years ago, nearly wet my trousers.

Anyway, let's aim for the 15th at Castro's. If anyone is interested in dinner beforehand, Kyouka Ramen in the Beaches is fantastic.

Works for me. Leslieville is very nice but the queen streetcar goes through a shit bit between greenwood and coxwell that is best forgotten, before reaching the beaches which is nice again

BlodwynPig

QD...The Hamilton annual art crawl is happening the weekend you MAY be coming...if that is not another enticement to sample the delights of the Deep South.

We might even see this girl who is from Hamilton and is reminiscent of Nite Jewel (collaborated with Grimes apparently)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C216ZRVOM5A

BlodwynPig

QDRPHNC

Art crawl + music sounds like a plan. Mrs. Q is in Cuba right now, will contirm she's up for that weekend when she's back.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 28, 2017, 07:06:17 PM
Works for me. Leslieville is very nice but the queen streetcar goes through a shit bit between greenwood and coxwell that is best forgotten, before reaching the beaches which is nice again

Greenwood to Coxwell is the taint between Leslieville and the Beaches.

Thanks for the mix, Blodwyn, I'll pretend I'm there while shifting fucking boxes. Endless fucking boxes.

Ferris

Just walked past Allen's and note it has been redone and now bills itself as "AIR CONDITIONED". Nice.

QDRPHNC

Mrs Q and I were just checking out or new neighbourhood this morning. Looking forward to a pub crawl one of these days. It's important to evaluate before selecting your local.

BlodwynPig

Shit, I better book a hotel sharpish...already September.

Any news about next weekend? If you can't/don't want to, there is a Polish guy who has started with us and I'll hike with him...although I am hoping that you will make it.

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 03, 2017, 07:11:52 PM
Mrs Q and I were just checking out or new neighbourhood this morning. Looking forward to a pub crawl one of these days. It's important to evaluate before selecting your local.

That neck of the woods? The Only Cafe - you can bring food in and there's a good roti spot opposite. Bliss.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 03, 2017, 10:47:27 PM
Shit, I better book a hotel sharpish...already September.

Any news about next weekend? If you can't/don't want to, there is a Polish guy who has started with us and I'll hike with him...although I am hoping that you will make it.

Where you hiking? Sounds legit. Buy bear spray and amuse/injure your friends!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 03, 2017, 10:55:55 PM
Where you hiking? Sounds legit. Buy bear spray and amuse/injure your friends!

Depends...I was thinking the yonder. i.e. further out from Hamilton than I normally reach by foot - depends if Q and Mrs. Q come and if they have car. You are welcome to join. No bears around here.

QDRPHNC

Official - next Toronto meet is Friday 15th in the Beaches. I'll be starting at Kyouka Ramen at 7.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 06, 2017, 08:45:39 PM
Official - next Toronto meet is Friday 15th in the Beaches. We'll be starting at Kyouka Ramen at 7.

ftfy

QDRPHNC

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 06, 2017, 08:52:04 PM
ftfy

NICE. If Bueller is up for ramen too, I'll make a reservation, it's a tiny place.

Cuntbeaks

QDRPHNC

More like Tronno. I really don't know, it's a thing.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 06, 2017, 08:54:10 PM
NICE. If Bueller is up for ramen too, I'll make a reservation, it's a tiny place.

I think she's in France.

Oh, I hope I'm not butting in on your dinner-for-uno.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 06, 2017, 11:00:44 PM
I think she's in France.

Oh, I hope I'm not butting in on your dinner-for-uno.

Not at all, the implication was I was waiting to see who would join me.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 06, 2017, 11:11:33 PM

"got a light?"

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 06, 2017, 11:11:33 PM

Ok sold. On the Queen streetcar line, will come right after work.

Bringing wife so put us down for 2

QDRPHNC

Ferris

Ferris

Ferris

Ferris

Would have been better if Buster Sparkles had stuck with us. Disappointing.

QDRPHNC

A little went a long way with him. Nice meeting you FWB, soz about the hoodie and that.