Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:14:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Herring's Leicester Square Podcast Thread 2017 + Edition

Started by Small Man Big Horse, July 17, 2017, 04:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidsick5000

I loved the occasional surprised "Oh hello..." when he turned around and saw RH.

Utter Shit

SteveDave

To me he sounds like a coked up dickhole you'd find at a shitty party shouting about how great his life is.

poo

Replies From View

checkoutgirl

Quote from: SteveDave on April 24, 2018, 09:57:14 AM
To me he sounds like a coked up dickhole you'd find at a shitty party shouting about how great his life is.

You sound like a coked up dickhole you'd find at a shitty party shouting about how great his life is.

SteveDave

SteveDave

Quote from: checkoutgirl on April 24, 2018, 04:54:09 PM
You sound like a coked up dickhole you'd find at a shitty party shouting about how great his life is.

No, you do! The man is a bell.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: SteveDave on April 24, 2018, 09:57:14 AM

May I respectfully suggest that you stop going to shitty parties populated by coked-up dickholes?

Also, the thought of Brian Blessed on coke is absolutely terrifying.

Chairman Bodog

I get the feeling that Brian Blessed, uh, doesn't like being alone with his thoughts.

Grandpappy pombear will roll around in the heather and play footsie and knight in armour with you whippers but don't leave him couchlocked on schnapps with the prize armadillo gun on the mantle.

Every time he interjected with "What was the question?" it felt like a world slap of deathly rumination. Maybe I'm just me seeing that and all that jazz.

Scrapey Fish

I admit I didn't get through much of this so maybe it got better. But based on the first few minutes, i conclude that Richard Herring talking a bit too much and telling stories about himself is infinitely less annoying than Brian Blessed booming, dominating and showing zero emotional warmth

Replies From View

Quote from: Scrapey Fish on April 24, 2018, 09:07:58 PM
I admit I didn't get through much of this so maybe it got better. But based on the first few minutes, i conclude that Richard Herring talking a bit too much and telling stories about himself is infinitely less annoying than Brian Blessed booming, dominating and showing zero emotional warmth

Nope.

Thanks for playing!

metaltax

Christ that was annoying. It was like having your Dad unnecessarily swearing in front of your mates to prove he's one of the gang.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: metaltax on April 25, 2018, 02:14:29 PM
Christ that was annoying.

Not to worry joyless types, there's yet another uninteresting young woman on this week trotting out the standard bland hot air like "So, um, yeah no, blah Edinburgh show blah Radio 4 show blah improv show blah I'm not that good at topical stuff blah".

Seagullsim

Can you imagine actually knowing Blessed though? I imagine every minute spent in his company is exhausting. Even listening to this episode tired me out.

For what it's worth, in my opinion this episode contained exactly the right amount of Richard Herring. If only this could continue (it won't...).

Replies From View

Quote from: Seagullsim on April 25, 2018, 03:09:50 PM
Can you imagine actually knowing Blessed though? I imagine every minute spent in his company is exhausting. Even listening to this episode tired me out.

I suspect he's maybe playing it all up for laughs.  Like when climbing mountains I doubt he was living the pantomime version of himself to all his fellow mountaineers.

Scrapey Fish

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on April 25, 2018, 02:50:28 PM
Not to worry joyless types, there's yet another uninteresting young woman on this week trotting out the standard bland hot air like "So, um, yeah no, blah Edinburgh show blah Radio 4 show blah improv show blah I'm not that good at topical stuff blah".
There is a middle ground

bgmnts

Is middle ground what Autopsy Turvey wrotr but in ALL CAPS?

Also i have just seen the Baynham one and jesus Herring has a proper gut on him now doesnt he?

Replies From View

PaulN

Quote from: Scrapey Fish on April 25, 2018, 05:04:44 PM
There is a middle ground

Nah mate. It's fat, middle-class, men SHOUTING painfully obvious, convoluted, poorly-crafted lies or Lesbians. Choose a side.

selectivememory

The Maria Bamford one has got to be released soon surely. Not really that arsed about any of the other recent guests, although I might listen to the Peter Baynham one at some point.

kidsick5000

In shortish full-energy bursts like this, he is very entertaining. That episode of Have I Got News For You is a bona fide classic.

But I've not been able to get through the audiobook of his autobiography.
I got it expecting some decent anecdotes at a rip-roaring pace.
But without the amphetamine-styled delivery, he comes off as needy and sounds more like a modern-day Munchausen with a rampant ego rather than an actor with late-career cult status who is in on the joke.

Quote from: selectivememory on April 25, 2018, 07:28:45 PM
The Maria Bamford one has got to be released soon surely. Not really that arsed about any of the other recent guests, although I might listen to the Peter Baynham one at some point.

Should be next week if the release follows the proper order. Al fucking Murray coming up again in a few weeks. Counting the Edinburgh ones it's I think the fifth time he's been a guest. He was scheduled before but he was ill. How much can Herring have left to say to him?

DrGreggles

c

SteveDave

Quote from: Replies From View on April 25, 2018, 04:19:09 PM
I suspect he's maybe playing it all up for laughs.  Like when climbing mountains I doubt he was living the pantomime version of himself to all his fellow mountaineers.

I bet he was exactly like that all the time and the others mountaineers wanted to kick the cunt down whatever massive hill they were climbing.

pigamus

I'm not getting the love for Brian Blessed either. What's 'warm' and 'joyful' about a shouty attention-seeking show-off?