Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:24:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - Any other leader would be 20 points ahead

Started by king_tubby, February 24, 2021, 02:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencalx

John McDonnell

https://twitter.com/johnmcdonnellmp/status/1391099069418848262?s=21

Keir Starmer said yesterday that he took full responsibility for the election result in Hartlepool & other losses. Instead today he's scapegoating everyone apart from himself. This isn't leadership it's a cowardly avoidance of responsibility.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 08, 2021, 07:20:10 PM
We're probably at the point where the idiots behind him have decided it's his fault and are just gonna push him to do the stuff they want before giving him the boot

Trying to picture this oaf in interviews explaining the rationale behind this move if it's true beyond "well I had to blame someone!"

Bit of a relevant post in the PCC thread:

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on May 08, 2021, 07:52:06 PM
From the BBC article on the matter

"The Labour leadership's response to poor results in England will be both political and organisational.

There will be a reshuffle of the shadow cabinet, and more staff will be moved out of London to regional offices.

The policies Sir Keir Starmer inherited from his predecessor Jeremy Corbyn will also be formally reviewed.

Labour peer Lord Mandelson - who has advised Sir Keir's team - called for this review and envisaged the process running for 18 months to two years.

Labour sources say that Sir Keir could use the exercise not just to distance himself from the 2019 manifesto, but to move away from some of the policy pledges he made in last year's leadership contest - which had been designed to appeal to the party's left."

Looks like the idiots idea is to move Labour further to the right, rest assured this will be the death of his time as Labour leader.

Looks like 'you've got 2 years to do our bidding and improve then it's shit or bust'

king_tubby

bgmnts

I know it makes me sound like a tinfoil conspiraloon but I'm very convinced this is being orchestrated by both parties. I do not believe the people running the labour party are/were doing it honestly or to the best of their ability. And people like Starmer and co are vital in creating these awful societies that are unbearable for most of its population bar the lucky few.

I fucking despise all these cunts and knowing that there is no such thing as real justice, either legal or cosmic, for these selfish, nasty, greedy cunts is so dispiriting. What's the point of getting up tomorrow if this is the best we can do as a species? 

Rizla

Quote from: greencalx on May 08, 2021, 07:56:29 PM
John McDonnell

https://twitter.com/johnmcdonnellmp/status/1391099069418848262?s=21

Keir Starmer said yesterday that he took full responsibility for the election result in Hartlepool & other losses. Instead today he's scapegoating everyone apart from himself. This isn't leadership it's a cowardly avoidance of responsibility.
Old pal E**a K*****y in the replies there. What a fucking repulsive sack of rotten wormridden dogshit.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: king_tubby on May 08, 2021, 08:04:00 PM
Nandy next, apparently.
Surprised, she was one of the few they seemed to let speak to the press. God knows why as she seemed as thick as mince but I got the impression they were happy with her.

idunnosomename

fucking hell as I said I lost respect for Rayner and don't feel sorry but what cowardly dogshit, and seriously, what is wrong with Emma Kenendy's fucking brain. Corbyn and O'Donnell lost the election in 2019 and resigned. They also haven't put their energy into undermining the current leadership up to this last defeat

imitationleather

The optics of only sacking working class northern women is top drawer.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 08, 2021, 08:07:01 PM
Surprised, she was one of the few they seemed to let speak to the press. God knows why as she seemed as thick as mince but I got the impression they were happy with her.
Fears of a leadership challenge maybe, I gather her region done okay yesterday.

Not unreasonable chance it's just the people who had the temerity to mouth off about Starmer's team yesterday as the results came in tbh.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Rizla on May 08, 2021, 08:04:36 PM
Old pal E**a K*****y in the replies there. What a fucking repulsive sack of rotten wormridden dogshit.

And a wall of variations of "GET HIM JOHN" haha.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 08, 2021, 08:10:32 PM
Fears of a leadership challenge maybe, I gather her region done okay yesterday.

Not unreasonable chance it's just the people who had the temerity to mouth off about Starmer's team yesterday as the results came in tbh.

Oh do tell, what did she say?

idunnosomename

the optics of this are fucking terrible. if he's sacking everyone from the Corbyn years, is he going to go full suction monster from Yellow Submarine and suck up himself?

Dr Rock

peanutbutter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 08, 2021, 08:12:04 PM
Oh do tell, what did she say?
I don't even mean publicly, I just mean "I told you lot we should've _____"

Like, the one thing he has shown to be in the last year is a thin skinned cunt

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 08, 2021, 08:13:21 PM
the optics of this are fucking terrible. if he's sacking everyone from the Corbyn years, is he going to go full suction monster from Yellow Submarine and suck up himself?
If the plan is to surround himself with the remnants of the Blair years, maybe the goal is to try and cosplay as Tony Blair.

Dr Rock

Cos Labour can only do better than this stupid, blame-dodging useless cunt.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 08, 2021, 08:17:44 PM
I don't even mean publicly, I just mean "I told you lot we should've _____"

Oh right, yeah.

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 08, 2021, 08:17:44 PM
If the plan is to surround himself with the remnants of the Blair years, maybe the goal is to try and cosplay as Tony Blair.

I thought that was the plan anyway, and he was just shite at it.

jobotic

I've enjoyed today much more than yesterday. Akehurst losing is such a beauty.

But nothing can ever infiltrate their smugness.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 08, 2021, 08:07:01 PM

What was it that she said that made you think she seemed thick? 

Ferris

In light of the sackings, can I propose "Labour Party - Some Of The Adults Have Left The Room" for the next thread?

imitationleather

Next time there's polls out I think Labour will sink to lower than they have ever been before. It was already looking dodgy because they look like losers after yesterday, and people don't like to vote for losers. But now they look chaotic and clueless too.

Why would anyone vote for them as they currently are?

greencalx

Quote from: Rizla on May 08, 2021, 08:04:36 PM

I did consider a trigger warning re the replies but I kind of assumed everyone would know not to read the replies unless they were looking to raise their blood pressure.

jobotic

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on May 08, 2021, 08:25:24 PM
What was it that she said that made you think she seemed thick?

Careful everyone, a grown up has entered the room.

idunnosomename

Sir Keir is going to fuse with Tony Blair.

KEIRY BLARMER