Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:11:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Richie Sunak - The Decline and Fall

Started by Alberon, February 26, 2024, 11:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psybro

Still feels a bit off that when I went down to that London under Mayor Khan and tried to buy a drink they went "THIS IS LONDONISTAN MOTHERFUCKER" and executed me on the spot.

Armin Meiwes

You can tell how dangerous London is and that no one that is unlucky enough to live there ever wants to leave their flat by how cheap it is to buy a place.

Senior Baiano

I was unlucky enough to be in the Tottenham area last saturday, and who was playing a home game at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium? Saracens

Fambo Number Mive

Sunak's recommend honours for someone who donated £5m to the  Tories and several Tory politicans. It says a lot about how pathetic the honours system is that this isn't even a surprise.

Alberon

Chucked in a gong for Christopher Nolan and his wife as if this was going to disguise it.

Luck might be with the Tories for once as it looks like the the DUP leader, Jeffrey Donaldson, has resigned over an arrest for historical sexual offences so no one is going to be talking about these honours.

BlodwynPig

I don't understand, are these the Good Friday honours?

superthunderstingcar

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteDetails of nationality, immigration and visa status should be recorded whenever a criminal is convicted, ex-immigration minister Robert Jenrick has proposed...

Mr Jenrick said nationality was already taken into account when assessing visa applications as part of a "risk-based" strategy...

"What I'm proposing is that this data on crime plays a part in that. We would want to apply a higher level of scrutiny to nationalities that are higher risk," he said.

Mr Jenrick said in Denmark "some nationalities are, in fact, more law-abiding than Danish citizens, but many are not and some very prominently are causes of, in the Danish example, violent crime."

Having data would enable government to "interrogate" the statistics on crime and make policy choices, he said.

"The public should be aware of the trade-off of migration," he said. "There is a prevailing orthodoxy that it is an unadulterated good. I don't think that's always the case."...

This is just racism isn't it? Saying some nationalities are more law-abiding than others?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 30, 2024, 11:15:37 AMThis is just racism isn't it? Saying some nationalities are more law-abiding than others?

How many politicians have broken the law. I daresay i higher ratio than the national average

Fambo Number Mive

Exactly.

Jenrick was also found to have unlawfully approved the Westferry housing development by reasons of apparent bias (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Jenrick#Unlawful_approval_of_Westferry_housing_development) and was also found guilty of speeding twice. Disqualified from driving for six months but I presume he had his own ministerial car and driver. He's got a cheek lecturing others on crime.

Kankurette

The cunt is threatening to pull us out of the ECHR if the Rwanda flights don't go ahead.

jobotic

He can't. He posing for the far-right.

Mr Farenheit

Charles exits stage right....😥
We're going to slip down the rankings with our King gone.

Alberon

A few MPs have been targeted with texts on their personal phone trying to get compromising photos out of them.

Now, according to The Times, it seems the phone numbers were extracted from a Tory MP.

QuoteA senior Conservative MP has admitted his involvement in a honeytrap sexting scandal targeting a minister and fellow MPs.

William Wragg, chairman of a Commons select committee, told The Times he handed over the personal phone numbers of colleagues to a man he met on Grindr, a gay dating app.

The vice-chairman of the 1922 committee said he provided the details after sending intimate pictures of himself to the user. Wragg said he was "scared" that the man "had compromising things on me".

Those colleagues — which included several MPs, members of their staff and a political journalist — were sent unsolicited flirtatious messages from senders identifying themselves as "Charlie" or "Abi".

It is understood two MPs responded by sending an explicit picture of themselves.

The Times approached Wragg after speaking to victims who believed he was involved. The 36-year-old MP for the Greater Manchester seat of Hazel Grove, who is openly gay, said he was "mortified" and apologised for his "weakness".

He told The Times: "They had compromising things on me. They wouldn't leave me alone. They would ask for people. I gave them some numbers, not all of them. I told him to stop. He's manipulated me and now I've hurt other people.

"I got chatting to a guy on an app and we exchanged pictures. We were meant to meet up for drinks, but then didn't. Then he started asking for numbers of people. I was worried because he had stuff on me. He gave me a WhatsApp number, which doesn't work now.

"I've hurt people by being weak. I was scared. I'm mortified. I'm so sorry that my weakness has caused other people hurt."

Wragg had already planned to stand down at the next election.

non capisco

jobotic

I do this every time but...

You never guess he was a Tory just from looking at him

king_tubby

Psybro

Well at least he saved himself some embarrassment eh

Mobius

he was hoping people would elect willy, but it sounds like someone has a picture of his erect willy! sorry to wragg on the guy

C_Larence

Just saw them talking about this on Good Morning Britain. I'm not normally awake at this time so thought it might be interesting to see the current state of morning tv. Lots of baseless suggestion that it might be a hostile state, specifically those dastardly Chinese or Russians, behind this. All hosted of course by Rob Rinder, who I last saw fronting a documentary about why he's unapologetically a Zionist.

Also big laugh when they sheepishly admitted, halfway through the story, that two of the MPs contacted had responded to the messages with their own nudes.

jobotic

idunnosomename

It looks like hes wearing a wig but it's too small for his head and makes him look worse

Also if thats taken when he entered parliament in 2015 hes 27 there

Alberon

The moron will keep the party whip beacuse he was also a victim of the honeypot attack. Incredibly dim, though. If he hadn't already said he'll quit rather than waiting to lose his seat in the election this level of stupidity would have seen him deselected.

To fall for the initial trap is one thing, but to give in to blackmail is unacceptable.

jobotic

I almost felt sorry for him but he's not only a Tory, he's an ERG Common Sense National Trust are woke far-right filth Tory. So I find it funny.

Blumf

Talking about being careful with personal data...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/apr/04/tories-planned-to-make-millions-from-members-data-with-true-blue-app
QuoteSenior Conservative party officials worked on plans to hand over its entire membership database for a commercial venture that promised to make tens of millions of pounds, the Guardian can reveal.

Leaked documents show Tory executives discussed exploiting members' personal data to build a mobile phone app that could track users' locations and allow big brands to advertise to Conservative supporters. The party would take a cut of sales.

The project was considered over several months last year, with the aim of launching the "True Blue" app in time for the party's conference in October.

The idea was developed by the boss of a cryptocurrency firm with a string of failed businesses behind him. Yet senior Conservative officials appeared so captivated by the plan that they prepared to provide the party's database of members in order to move the proposal forward.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe chancellor has praised a Tory MP for apologising after he admitted he gave other MPs' personal phone numbers to a man on a dating app.

Jeremy Hunt said William Wragg had been "courageous" in telling the Times he was sorry for the "hurt" he had caused.

Alberon

I particularly admire the courageous way he caved in to the blackmail and only admitted it when The Times went to him with their evidence.

Senior Baiano

Sorry but 'William Wragg' just sounds like the way some three-flagons-of-foaming-ale-please-stout-yeoman-of-the-bar type twat would refer to Billy Bragg