Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:06:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris being a GBOL (biking edition)

Started by IsavedLatin, February 07, 2024, 09:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IsavedLatin

A local bike workshop, whom I follow on social media, have been doing a crowd fundraiser because they had a terrible year in 2023, not least due an electrical fault that caused them to shut for three weeks. Anyway, I'd seen a post or two about it ... and today, in my feed, no warning whatsoever, a video from CHRIS FUCKING MORRIS of all people, in his Lycra, doing a very sincere bit to camera about how this is a co-op and a community resource; how they've been there for 40 years and he wants them to last another 40, etc.

Anyway, it brightened my day, and I thought CaBbers would enjoy it too: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3DK2KZo_rO/

Terry Torpid

That's great, although it is a bit strange seeing him be sincere.

wrec

You could raise more money auctioning dogs!

Never occurred to me til now that he has the skills to be a straight presenter, could have done Watchdog or something had he been so inclined.

flotemysost

Aww that's great, cheers for sharing, IsavedLatin!

I get the impression he's fairly active in local community type stuff, having clocked him at a few charity/activism events over the years.

idunnosomename

Tempted to comment "I HATE Christopher Morris!" but will refrain

Ambient Sheep

Thanks for that!

It made this week's Popbitch, too:

>> Wheelie strange <<
The lesser-spotted Morris

Chris Morris has been cropping up in the strangest of places recently. A few months back, we shared a video of the famously reclusive comedian giving a keynote speech at the Local Medical Committees conference.

Now he's throwing his clout behind an equally worthy, but more unexpected cause. A crowdfunding round for his local bike shop, Brixton Cycles.

[Watch his plea here]

The delivery of "twenty seven years ago, they built that" made me expect the reveal to be some sort of mad, fucked up frankenbike. But it was just a bike. Thanks Chris.

PaulTMA

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on February 10, 2024, 03:57:59 PMThe delivery of "twenty seven years ago, they built that" made me expect the reveal to be some sort of mad, fucked up frankenbike. But it was just a bike. Thanks Chris.

It was a slither of the old Chris we know, which was just delightful

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on February 10, 2024, 03:57:59 PMThe delivery of "twenty seven years ago, they built that" made me expect the reveal to be some sort of mad, fucked up frankenbike. But it was just a bike. Thanks Chris.
You 'build' and keep a bike for 27 years and it's almost like a child. Alexei Sayle and him should do a bike ride podcast episode.

thenoise

A weekly podcast of anecdotes/tidbits he found while doing his requisite 5 year film research would be mandatory listening - wouldn't even care how the finished film turned out.

Edit: lovely video btw.

gilbertharding

I knew he rides... I saw him one day riding up Whitehall (as recounted here: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=104215.0

I might buy myself a Brixton Cycles jersey - I've wanted one for a while, and if it helps them out.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Senior Baiano

lauraxsynthesis

Ace. Last time they did a big fundraiser the actor Michael Smiley was the surprise celeb endorser. I contributed and got a cool tshirt I wore until it fell apart.

Quote from: Urinal Cake on February 11, 2024, 01:45:35 AMAlexei Sayle and him should do a bike ride podcast episode.

That is a fantastic idea. I'm going to suggest it to Talal.

Stonefish

I love the little camera spin he does at the start before going right into it. What a pro.

thenoise

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on February 10, 2024, 03:57:59 PM"twenty seven years ago, they built that"
It actually worked for a bit - until someone clogged it up with sick.