Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:07:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Takeaways

Started by Icehaven, April 04, 2020, 10:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Twit 2 on April 08, 2020, 11:34:05 PM
Put it through a fine sieve and re-use it, foo'.

DID YOU USE PANKO BREADCRUMBS?

I put toast in a food processor.

I was planning on reusing it. But I was going to use a coffee filter to filter it. I've not got a funnel though.

Twit 2

Pyrex gravy jug type affair? Anything with a spout...

Use panko breadcrumbs next time, you will like.

ollyboro

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 07, 2020, 09:39:43 AM

And that monthly treat will be this coming weekend, where I'll be thinking "this is good for the local economy" as I repeatedly shovel greasy meat into my fat face.

.......and after noshing the delivery driver off I'll freshen my breath on the food I'd paid for with the nosh

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Twit 2 on April 09, 2020, 12:17:21 AM
Pyrex gravy jug type affair? Anything with a spout...

Use panko breadcrumbs next time, you will like.

Nah it's not that, I need something sturdy and conical to sit the filter in while it filters.

Might have a cranberry juice bottle i can hack up come to think of it.

Twit 2

Always worth having a range of sieves. I use my finest one over a heavy jug, job done. That said, some sort of DIY contraption could be a fun endeavour.

ollyboro

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 09, 2020, 01:04:42 AM
Nah it's not that, I need something sturdy and conical to sit the filter in while it filters.

Might have a cranberry juice bottle i can hack up come to think of it.

Sorry to stick my nose in, but what are you attempting to cook?

Twit 2

We're talking about re-using dirty oil from shallow frying by filtering it. Now your nose is greasy.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Twit 2 on April 09, 2020, 01:09:58 AM
Always worth having a range of sieves. I use my finest one over a heavy jug, job done. That said, some sort of DIY contraption could be a fun endeavour.

I've got one. And various gauges of cheesecloth.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Cloud on April 05, 2020, 02:16:30 AM
In context, eater, but curious how it's a risk to the staff to send things via delivery and leave it on the doorstep

Gotta cook it, Hand it to the delivery man - also people you work with, can't keep your distance from them

Lots of deliverery places are working with taxi companies to keep up with demand, so you might deal with multiple delivery guys each night - lots of contact with unknowns in that situation

Bazooka

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 10, 2020, 10:35:12 PM

Lots of deliverery places are working with taxi companies to keep up with demand, so you might deal with multiple delivery guys each night - lots of contact with unknowns in that situation

I ordered a mixed kebab with sauce, but a taxi driver delivered a mixed group of saucy ladies instead.

Dewt

Imagine having to have sex with an entire hen night. It would be horrible, wouldn't it? Functional at best. An absolute obligation. Lots of fear involved, not in a good way. You should only ever have 1/8th of a hen night.

idunnosomename

i love hen nights but

Cloud

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 10, 2020, 10:35:12 PM
Gotta cook it, Hand it to the delivery man - also people you work with, can't keep your distance from them

If they're working too closely that's their failing
Cooking it kills whatever's on it
Delivery man picks it up off the dispatch shelf it's been left on
Small town small pizza place they still deliver their own stuff

It's all good - and another coming in about 15 hours ;)

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

lots of takeaways near me are just closed altogether now

got a pizza last night that was blech and definitely not worth the money

next week will be buying a frozen pizza for a quarter of the price, it would've been nicer

earl_sleek

Legendary local chicken shop Chicken George reopened this week, I got RIBS and fried chicken last night, it were brilliant. Had to try for about an hour to order as there's only a few of them working in the shop so they can distance but it was worth it. If I can't leave the house til June I'm getting some tasty takeaways, it's one of the few pleasures left to me.

imitationleather

Pizza Punks is still flying the flag in Newcastle. The spirit of Busted lives on!

king_tubby

Just got a lock down special from one of our local curry places (Manjit's Kitchen, if yer in Leeds), had to order on Thursday, got a specific pick up time, at no point nearer than 2m from anyone. Pretty slick. All for home heat up.

2 x Paneer
2 x Black lentil dahl
1 x fried potato and curry sauce
1 x butternut squash kofta
2 x onion bhaji
1 x potato and chickpea
4 x roti

Tonight, tomorrow night and a couple left over for the freezer.

wooders1978

My local is doing a fish and chips, amongst other things, takeaway service and whilst its delicious and all that they only went and cut our fish portion in half between us and charged us the full whack for two on Friday night, suspect because they had numerous orders and not enough fish but ffs that is fucking frustrating  - I dunno how long we'll be in this sitch so don't want to fall out with them over it so stiff upper lip time

Alllocated slots is a great idea - will recommend it to them as quite a few of us rocked up at once for collection the other night

El Unicornio, mang

Did that Uber Eats special discount thing. 2x cod and chips and a drink for a fiver (plus couple of quid tip), would have been 17. The guy who delivered it was practically standing in the road when I opened the door, and instructed me where to find the items in the big rucksack he'd left on the doorstop. Felt like Bodyguard for a brief moment, but with fish and chips and a bottle of pop instead of a bomb.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: king_tubby on April 11, 2020, 07:18:41 PM
Just got a lock down special from one of our local curry places (Manjit's Kitchen, if yer in Leeds), had to order on Thursday, got a specific pick up time, at no point nearer than 2m from anyone. Pretty slick. All for home heat up.

2 x Paneer
2 x Black lentil dahl
2 x onion bhaji
1 x potato and chickpea
4 x roti

I've just put some chicken in to marinade for a chicken tikka masala tomorrow. Yes I know it's not a 'proper' curry but I fancied something dirty.

Capt.Midnight

Quote from: king_tubby on April 11, 2020, 07:18:41 PM

2 x Paneer
2 x Black lentil dahl
2 x onion bhaji
1 x potato and chickpea
4 x roti

Didn't know Manjits were still open - good shout! Them and Bahn and Me are hidden gems - Half the price of Trinity too.

king_tubby

Quote from: Capt.Midnight on April 11, 2020, 08:11:18 PM
Didn't know Manjits were still open - good shout! Them and Bahn and Me are hidden gems - Half the price of Trinity too.

This is the Kirkstall Road restaurant, but they're doing very limited deliveries if you get in quick. Just Fri, Sat, Sun at the moment.

beanheadmcginty

With spectacularly poor timing, Walkers have unleashed two brand new flavours (spotted on offer in my local Tesco): Gourmet Burger Kitchen branded cheeseburger flavour and Pizza Express branded Anerican Hot flavour. Those two places may never open their doors again. Haven't even tasted the crisps yet. Might keep them as collector's items.

Loving the base gravy.

canadagoose

We had Domino's the other night and although they had a reduced menu, it still seemed fairly normal. They put an extra pizza box below the normal pizza boxes for some reason. Maybe in case you've got a manky doormat.

Still really tempted by a lot of takeaways. Especially the German Doner Kebab bit. It's really good.

Dewt

Quote from: canadagoose on April 17, 2020, 01:09:53 AM
We had Domino's the other night and although they had a reduced menu, it still seemed fairly normal. They put an extra pizza box below the normal pizza boxes for some reason.
So you can throw away the one they've been touching

canadagoose

Quote from: Dewt on April 17, 2020, 01:11:08 AM
So you can throw away the one they've been touching
Ah. Makes sense when you think about it.

GMTV

DID SOME CUNT SAY JUST EAT

Cuntbeaks

Just had my first Lockdown Takeaway, a mixed kebab from the Istanbul in Glasgow. Superb stuff, the chicken was especially delectable. Feel like I'm coming down off a really nice shroom trip.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on April 18, 2020, 07:24:47 PM
Just had my first Lockdown Takeaway, a mixed kebab from the Istanbul in Glasgow. Superb stuff, the chicken was especially delectable. Feel like I'm coming down off a really nice shroom trip.

Nice! I'd heard good things about them and kept meaning to try them when I worked around Pacific Quay.

I want to try Meze Meze in Finnieston. Looks like a proper sit in place where you can have a beer.