Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:06:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Takeaways

Started by Icehaven, April 04, 2020, 10:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 18, 2020, 07:57:03 PM
Nice! I'd heard good things about them and kept meaning to try them when I worked around Pacific Quay.

I want to try Meze Meze in Finnieston. Looks like a proper sit in place where you can have a beer.

Haven't been since they reopened and was pleased to see that they still hand fan the charcoal while cooking the meat, which imparts an excellent flavour to the lamb and fhicken. The donner meat was good, but a bit greasy. Next time I'll probably just get a straight up chicken kebab, large of course.

Brian Freeze

Our chippy opened from 1pm till 6pm a few nights this week. Strict instructions on where to queue and no more than three in the shop at a time. I grabbed us some on my only exit from the house today.

They were the best they've made in long long time and didnt have to queue for ages either at quarter past five. He reckoned it was extremely popular last night, he'd got ninety fish ready and still had to pop out at half five to tell the queue that theyd run out. Didnt get lynched either.

king_tubby

I got some jerk takeout tonight, went down to collect it (one person in the shop at a time) and the woman taking orders was saying they'd be 80 minutes for delivery due to demand, and this was at half five.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on April 18, 2020, 08:26:02 PM
Haven't been since they reopened and was pleased to see that they still hand fan the charcoal while cooking the meat, which imparts an excellent flavour to the lamb and fhicken. The donner meat was good, but a bit greasy. Next time I'll probably just get a straight up chicken kebab, large of course.

I had a lunch at the Italian opposite that place once. Good food and a fucking bargain as well.

Ferris

Had burgers and chips from the place down the road. Ordered extra chips (unclear if burgers came with them as default) but they fucking well did so I had double chips. Get in.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: king_tubby on April 18, 2020, 10:15:34 PM
I got some jerk takeout tonight, went down to collect it (one person in the shop at a time) and the woman taking orders was saying they'd be 80 minutes for delivery due to demand, and this was at half five.

Don't order from jerks then, seems obvious.