Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:36:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Have you stopped checking other news? There could be Martians landing

Started by Bazooka, April 11, 2020, 09:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

I still daily check the news of course, but I used to check other countries and full UK news, more in depth on countries and counties I'd lived in to see if I recognised a street some poor soul had been stabbed up on.  But now I can't be arsed because it will be corona related;

QuoteScientists have successfully spliced the DNA of a shrew with that of a gibbon and a parsnip in Spalding, Lincolnshire. The chimera slew two scientists and espaced through an open window at around 8PM on Thursday, before the beast then mauled and impregnated three locals who were out clapping for the NHS.

What big events are being hidden?  Jihad John's latest bomb must be fucking massive by now!

buttgammon

I've more or less given up on following other news. There's the government formation talks in Ireland, although they're totally entwined in our response to coronavirus now. Most people have probably forgotten that we are currently being led by a caretaker consisting of the third largest party in the Dáil and a bunch of independents who lost their seats two long months ago. Starmer winning the Labour leadership occupied me for about a day, and Bernie dropping out has left me worried but also marked the end of any engagement with American politics for the time being.

It's mad to think that there were already major events this year, like the USA assassinating Qasem Soleimani, almost causing a war with Iran, and the impeachment trial of an American president.

Dex Sawash

For years I have just let CaB notify me about things.

Alberon will def let me know about Martians.

hamfist

Iceland is ready to do some volcanoes again. I read that about 50 scrollmetres below the coronaverse on a news app this morning. Thumb aches now.

Icehaven

I watch at least an hour of news a day, often more, and I'm pretty certain I didn't see a single mention of the Labour leadership contest at all, and the first I knew of it was several days after it had happened when something "new Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer" said about Coronavirus was quoted. Up to then I'd just presumed it had been postponed.

Dex Sawash