Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:14:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Looks like I had just had it

Started by Puce Moment, April 13, 2020, 12:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

That must've been very scary, Puce. Good to hear you're recovering now.

Bence Fekete

Very pleased you got through all that Puce.

I tried to smoke DMT the other day and the elves went absolutely berserk at me. A proper hyperslap and no mistake. 'Save your lungs' they semed to be bellowing. 'Practice breathing' and 'No access granted'. In retrospect I wondered if they were actually quite busy atm and I was stealing bandwidth. 

Couldn't put my pipe away quick enough. 

Bazooka

Sounds like the virus gave up, was your body riddled with sin? Either way glad you are getting better, sounds boring and bad.

cincoveces05

It's mad how there's so many different experiences of this out there.  Given that this is the first day in a while I feel human i'll share mine if anyone's interested, it'll probably be a bit rambly, that's why I don't post too often.

I tested positive last Saturday after being sent home from my hospital job on the Thursday (2nd) with a weak cough.

first couple of days weren't too bad at all, just felt a bit tired and had very sore, bloodshot eyes.  By about Monday I was tired to the point that I couldn't get out of bed at all and even just turning over was taking all my effort.  I completely lost my sense of taste and smell sometime in the middle of the week and they haven't come back yet, it's horrible eating things that you know you enjoy and it having absolutely no taste at all, but i've also got the shits something rotten so lack of smell might not be such a bad thing.

The plus for me is that at no point have I struggled to breath or had a bad chest at all,  I read someone on here saying it was like a really bad comedown and that's the nearest thing i'd compare it to as well .  I've not had to go to phone 111 at any point,  but have been told to if my cough continues another day or so.  The hospital have checked in with me a couple of times but i've never felt like I needed help past an absolute shit-ton of Paracetamol and sleep.

The flu-like feelings seem to have somewhat broken today after a really bad weekend, still feeling tired but not to anywhere near the extent I was,  cough is more just annoying than anything, my eyes are still fucked and I can shit through the eye of a needle but hopefully i'm over the worst of it now.

Happy to answer anyone's questions about it if you want.

BlodwynPig

Please wipe that last post with ethanol before proceeding

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: cincoveces05 on April 13, 2020, 09:39:13 PM
It's mad how there's so many different experiences of this out there.  Given that this is the first day in a while I feel human i'll share mine if anyone's interested, it'll probably be a bit rambly, that's why I don't post too often.

I tested positive last Saturday after being sent home from my hospital job on the Thursday (2nd) with a weak cough.

first couple of days weren't too bad at all, just felt a bit tired and had very sore, bloodshot eyes.  By about Monday I was tired to the point that I couldn't get out of bed at all and even just turning over was taking all my effort.  I completely lost my sense of taste and smell sometime in the middle of the week and they haven't come back yet, it's horrible eating things that you know you enjoy and it having absolutely no taste at all, but i've also got the shits something rotten so lack of smell might not be such a bad thing.

The plus for me is that at no point have I struggled to breath or had a bad chest at all,  I read someone on here saying it was like a really bad comedown and that's the nearest thing i'd compare it to as well .  I've not had to go to phone 111 at any point,  but have been told to if my cough continues another day or so.  The hospital have checked in with me a couple of times but i've never felt like I needed help past an absolute shit-ton of Paracetamol and sleep.

The flu-like feelings seem to have somewhat broken today after a really bad weekend, still feeling tired but not to anywhere near the extent I was,  cough is more just annoying than anything, my eyes are still fucked and I can shit through the eye of a needle but hopefully i'm over the worst of it now.

Sounds exactly what I went through a month or so ago but I thought it was just a bad cold and a dodgy takeaway.

Bence Fekete

Anyone with 'underlying health conditions' or who otherwise treats their core health like an elastic byproduct of fun is in this predicament. It makes you ill in unpredictable ways? Fuuuck, that's Thursdays.

Puce Moment

Thanks for the kind words folks, and cincoveces05 - I hope you get back to full health soon mate.

cincoveces05

Quote from: Puce Moment on April 14, 2020, 11:18:29 AM
Thanks for the kind words folks, and cincoveces05 - I hope you get back to full health soon mate.

Thank-you and same for you obviously.

massive bereavement

Quote from: cincoveces05 on April 13, 2020, 09:39:13 PM

I had the above symptoms at the end of Feb into the beginning of March, I thought it was norovirus but that's only supposed to last a few days, this went on for a couple of weeks or more. It was the worst illness I've had in a decade. If it wasn't Corona then it would be mental if I was to be that ill again within 6 months.