Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:04:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Get Thee Better, Get Thee Graftin

Started by Abnormal Palm, April 17, 2020, 03:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abnormal Palm

At what point do all these people who claim to have had it get back to work?

I'm bored of attention seeking hypochondriacs laboriously talking me through their historic symptoms and miraculous recovery. It's time to move on.

I'll keep it simple and polite.

If you think you've had it:

Get
Thee
Graftin

What's the downside of this? Looking for an alternate viewpoint.

Obviously they'll need testing but to balance out the wolf crying, anyone who says they've had it should be classed as recovered with no 'second' treatment available.

Any advice on whether this can be written in policy?

Without testing, everyone would lie about having it to get back to work, causing a massive spike in infections.

With testing, people would try to purposefully get infected so they could get back to work, causing a massive spike in infections.

Sebastian Cobb

The only thing preventing me from lying about having it would be the fear of actually catching it shortly after I got 'better'.

Endicott

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on April 17, 2020, 03:53:15 PM
anyone who says they've had it should be classed as recovered with no 'second' treatment available.

Bit harsh. As I understand it it's not clear yet whether recovery from this guarantees immunity anyway.

Abnormal Palm

I added that clause simply to address anyone who might try to wangle or finagle.

You can do what you like, but you only get one shot at treatment.

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 17, 2020, 04:12:45 PM
With testing, people would try to purposefully get infected so they could get back to work, causing a massive spike in infections.

This is a good point. Cheers.

I'll write it out of policy.

There's another real problem however that some people are claiming to have had it but without being tested there's no proof so they can't return to work, either. I'm glad to hear that the testing is going to be rolled out to more key workers.