Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:13:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Boris Greenwich speech - 3/2/20

Started by Bobloblawslawbomb, April 18, 2020, 12:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
https://twitter.com/politicsjoe_uk/status/1251458390028664832?s=21

Footage emerged of a Boris speech from February which confirms that the herd immunity strategy wasn't even in pursuit of public safety. It was to give the UK a 'market advantage' the fucking stereotypical Tory cunt.

Will any national media cover this as the obvious scandal it is? Of course not.

BlodwynPig

no surprise, but will we see him being hoisted on his own petard?

jobotic

If only it had killed him and Cummings. Wouldn't have saved those they've killed but at least there'd be some justice in the world.

Like the Cummings 'if a few old folks die, too bad' quote it's not even surprising, nor is the fact that yet another openly callous example of Tory policy making will be left largely unreported upon or questioned.

imitationleather

What happens if Kuenssberg gets it?

idunnosomename

my condolences to tbhe virus hahaah!aha!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Re: Laura Kuenssberg

The moment to keep in mind is Noam Chomsky to Andrew Marr

"I'm sure you are sincere in your beliefs, my point is that if you believed anything other than it, you wouldn't be sitting where you are right now"

Inspector Norse

To be honest if the shocking death statistics, litany of stories about the abysmal preparations, total failure to provide supplies for the NHS, and mountains of evidence about their dishonest, incompetent and wilfully obstructive handling of the crisis haven't already turned people against the government then I doubt a brief clip of Boris talking about keeping the market afloat will.

imitationleather

THIS IS WHY NO ONE TRUSTS LEFT-WINGERS TO MAKE THE DIFFICULT DECISIONS OF GOVERNMENT

EOLAN

That presenter encapsulates the key message. Something that annoys me about a lot of the deluded right wing Americans. Them and Boris seem to make out that the people are there to serve the greatness of the econony and nation; but shouldn't the economy and nation be there to serve as a function to enhance the lives of the people.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Nationalism has the convenient attribute of making its adherents believe that anyone they feel is serving the nation must either be acting in good faith incompetently or in good faith competently, affording them a basis to defend pretty much anything.

Shock doctrine has always welcomed and utilised 'crisis' because such an event if deployed via the media plunges a nation into irrational behaviour and makes them far more susceptible to nationalist propaganda and unthinking acceptance of the state line so long as there is an adversary acting counter to the wider values of the nation.

This is another gift Blair gave the UK via the Afghanistan/Iraq war which we had spent the late 90s and very early 00s unlearning.

Mister Six

Quote from: imitationleather on April 18, 2020, 02:41:27 PM
THIS IS WHY NO ONE TRUSTS LEFT-WINGERS TO MAKE THE DIFFICULT DECISIONS OF GOVERNMENT

Iain Banks made a good point in one of his books (Transition?) that right wing governments like to laud themselves for making Tough Decisions, but those decisions are never actually tough on the governments themselves, so are not actually tough at all, unless you have qualms about punishing the poor for being poor - which right-wingers generally do not

Johnny Yesno

Peter Jukes points out that de Kerfuffle is advocating for Britain taking advantage and getting ahead while other nations are locked down:

https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1251458390028664832

Fambo Number Mive

Louise Mensch's reply is unbelievable.

BlodwynPig

jobotic

idunnosomename

BlodwynPig

I'd like to see Mensch finding herself being questioned by Keith Vaz at a parliamentary select committee.

She wakes up at the committee and is confused

"Hang on, how did I get here? Aren't we in lockdown, am I not in the States?...kidnapped?"

Vaz: "Louise, you have some serious questions to answer"

Louise: "Whaaa? I thought you'd been done for buying cocaine from rent boys?"

Vaz: "My character is not in question here"

Doppler Mensch: "Ms. Murdoch, what was your role in the hacking scandal that has embroiled THE NATION for the last decade?"

Real Mensch: "Whaaaaa? WHAAAAAAA!"

Michael Gove appears stage left with a CREAM PIE FILLED WITH CORONAVIRUS AND SLAPS IT INTO LOUISE'S FACE.

*Fade to black*

Johnny Yesno