Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:56:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Lockdown Getting Easier or Harder?

Started by Abnormal Palm, April 19, 2020, 09:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is lockdown life getting easier or harder for you as time goes by?

Easier.
14 (28%)
Harder.
13 (26%)
The new benefits and difficulties are pretty balanced.
8 (16%)
I really don't know.
11 (22%)
I'm just shitting myself senseless all the time.
4 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Abnormal Palm

Will be interesting to see how we feel over time.

I suspect that this might seem quaint looking back in six months from a world of on-off measures.

greencalx

Both. At the beginning I had a lot of worries that proved unfounded (that we'd end up at each others' throats, put on lots of weight, or there would be a huge crime wave). But it's getting boring now, and the child is starting to tire of indoor activities.

bgmnts

Still loving it, don't think it could get any easier for me.

imitationleather

Provided it does end at some point and none of my relatives die this will go down as a positive experience for me. I've re-evaluated my priorities, have been exercising more, it's made my relationship stronger and I'm a lot more appreciative of my friends.

Wish there'd been a global pandemic years ago. It's clearly what was missing for me.

Butchers Blind

You only do two days, the day you go in and the day you come out.

Puce Moment

Yeah, despite getting my arse kicked, I have to say that for me this is close to idyllic. I'm lucky to have a garden, access to tons of media, and a wife that I really enjoy spending time with.

chveik

Small Man Big Horse

Much much harder. If it had happened three years ago when I still smoked weed and lived with my then partner I think I'd have sailed through it (mainly as I was kind of in a similar situation when recovering from a knee op and not going out for ages on end didn't bother me too much), but being sober and separated from the new Mrs SMBH makes it all rather miserable.

With all my leisure, I'm actually finding some time and motivation to get my flat tidied up.  If you knew me, you'd knew how radical that was.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on April 19, 2020, 04:25:11 PM
With all my leisure, I'm actually finding some time and motivation to get my flat tidied up.  If you knew me, you'd knew how radical that was.

I went into the lockdown like this but then found as I was cooking stuff it was getting messed up again quickly so now I'm more like 'fuck it, no cunt's coming round so I'll do it near the end'.

Jockice

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on April 19, 2020, 04:25:11 PM

If I ever start doing that or relooking at my PhD disaster then you'll know I have reached the very end of the line.

Danger Man

Quote from: Jockice on April 19, 2020, 04:52:15 PM
If I ever start doing that or relooking at my PhD disaster eating a vindaloo then you'll know I have reached the very end of the line.

Cuellar

Easier. Be quite happy for this to be the new normal.

Jasha

I'm almost at the point of looking forward to work in the morning

Jockice

I was talking about things that are vaguely within the realms of possibility Danger Man.

Emma Raducanu

You could pay me 80% of my salary to live like this forever. I'm really enjoying it so far, just feels like I'm on holiday. We ate lamb in the garden today and I drank several beers before going for a run. Saw 1 car and a few couples walking about. Feels like a utopia here. I do fear, in reality, things are gonna get shit though.

Abnormal Palm

Let's just say I've played computer games for ten hours and now I'm getting pissed

jobotic

Pretty bollocks. I still get to go to work but don't get to go out to do anything nice. Desperately missing everyone. All with the background of thousands of deaths.

Not getting easier or harder though. Just more tedious.

Spiteface

Getting harder and harder to get out of bed, I know that much.

I might actually set my alarm tomorrow just to be up before 11 for once.

flotemysost

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 19, 2020, 04:19:28 PM
Much much harder. If it had happened three years ago when I still smoked weed and lived with my then partner I think I'd have sailed through it (mainly as I was kind of in a similar situation when recovering from a knee op and not going out for ages on end didn't bother me too much), but being sober and separated from the new Mrs SMBH makes it all rather miserable.

Sorry to hear that :(

I'm finding the "let's torture myself by imagining this all happened x number of months/years ago" game is a bugger - in my case it's really petty, stupid, trifling stuff, but I keep thinking that if I'd stayed living in the flatshare I decided to move out of in September, I'd at least have access to a balcony, and a bigger bedroom, and two flatmates with whom I've got more common ground in music/TV/film/humour taste than my current cohabitor and who are both single, ostensibly straight males, who might have eventually got desperate/drunk enough for some clandestine Coronafornication at some point, ahh jesus I'm bored/lonely. And the irony is I decided to move in order to be a bit closer to my office, ha.

Mainly it's just dull, punctuated by bouts of depression (also dull), but am incredibly grateful to be working and in a relatively very very fortunate position overall.

Gonna start donating the money I'm saving on transport/pints/kebabs every month to charity, I guess if I drink enough booze, keep staying indoors and let my PCOS run rampant then I might begin to resemble a 100 year old white man and I'll be the new national hero.

kittens

still absolutely great. would rather live the rest of my life like this than what it was before. i've actually been having nightmares about lockdown being over. every second in lockdown is blessed gift to be cherished.

Cloud

Just as shite as it's always been, but I'm getting more efficient with shopping.

Really missing the pub though and increasingly worried there won't be one to go back to. Well in time new ones might open but no new traditional pubs, they'll all be modern hipster bars selling "craft" beer for 3x the price.
Even had dreams about it now!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Keep everything as is but bring back pubs and holidays yay

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 19, 2020, 08:43:25 PM
Keep everything as is but bring back pubs and holidays yay

I think that's just millenial life.

Probably easier because I am getting accustomed to just drifting along doing fuck all, which initially I found very stressful. Largely sleeping through it. But three more months of this will have me climbing the walls eventually due to the feeling that I'm not achieving anything.

Icehaven

Well this has definitely cemented our priorities for next time we move, which will probably be as soon as all this is over. Some outside space, only having one downstairs neighbour who is silent and being away from a main road have suddenly become priorities. Our noisy-ish neighbours disappeared a few days before lockdown began and haven't come back since but it's a daily worry that they'll return. At least the others only slam doors and shout for half an hour a day or so which is relatively tolerable. And having absolutely no outside space whatsoever has become a huge issue, particularly with this fucking piss taking weather, it's got to be the nicest March and April for decades, surely? So generally yes it's getting harder.

Ian Drunken Smurf

I thought I was getting used to it, now starting week six, but last week was a mare. Spent most of the weekend trying to put up some cupboards while fending off three kids. Birch pollen allergy also had been really bad for the last week, so not even wanted to head out to the balcony.