Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:24:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What weirdos from your past have reemerged?

Started by peanutbutter, April 19, 2020, 12:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

With everyone bored in lockdown I've been receiving a bunch of messages from people I haven't heard from in ages and ages, I assume this is the case for loads of people. Have they changed much? Do they remember you shockingly well while you barely remember who they are? Are you the one messaging loads of people you havent talked to in ages?

Couple of days ago I got a message from someone who I almost exclusively remember as being the type of tumblr user Mark Fisher was thinking of in Exiting the Vampire's Castle, a person who on more than one occasion said to me "you are a bad person" and meant it over not getting some particular word correct. Took like 3 messages to float the idea that 5G was causing this, another couple before they complained about "snowflakes".

A few neighbours from back home have started using their Facebook status update feature for the first time ever, a mixture of similar shite like the 5G stuff.

Jockice

Not sure if this can be described as coronavirus-connected but I've had quite a few messages from a woman who was four years below me at school. Fair enough (we have quite a few other connections in common) but last night the conversation turned to another lass from her year who was quite frankly gorgeous and also a bit of a rebel. I thought she was great. Just my type. Never tried to cop off with her because of the age difference (although I suppose it wouldn't have mattered that much once she turned 16 and I'd just have left my teens) and also because she was totally out of my league. I know she got pregnant in her late teens (nothing to do with me) and vanished off the social scene. Think I've only ever seen her once since them.

Apparently now though she's a full-blown right-wing religious nut to the extent that her parents (both Catholics I presume) once tried to arrange an intervention. She's on Facebook but keeps all her stuff private. However ***** showed me some of her posts. Jesus! That's all I have to say on that matter. I hope you're bloody satisfied God.

ollyboro

My mother's been leaving voicemails asking for food parcels. Although to be fair, it's been at least a week since her last message.