Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:29:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hay Fever or Coronavirus?

Started by good times, April 20, 2020, 02:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

good times

Apparently an important enough topic for the BBC to make an advisory video about, but not important enough for them not to feature a man dressed as a flower prancing around a public park to music seemingly lifted from an Apprentice: You're Fired montage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-52319536/hay-fever-or-coronavirus-the-symptoms-compared

Could be a good lockdown quiz show concept.

JesusAndYourBush

If you're out somewhere and you feel a sneeze coming on (hay fever, dust, etc) and you don't want to get disapproving glances from people thinking you have the lurgi, hit yourself in the leg somewhere around the point just below your trouser pocket and the sneeze magically goes away.  It's probably something to do with the nerve impulses having priority, or something.

jobotic

Sore throat, bit of a tickly cough and a tight chest for ages now. Was pleased when the sneezing came.

dissolute ocelot

Making you watch a video to find out if you've got Coronavirus is shittery of the highest order.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: good times on April 20, 2020, 02:27:18 PM
a man dressed as a flower prancing around a public park to music seemingly lifted from an Apprentice: You're Fired montage.

Key Worker there

Harry Badger

Do any other hayfever sufferers find it almost random when it comes on? I don't get it as bad as when I was a kid but still have bad years. However some years I get nothing at all.

buttgammon

Quote from: Harry Badger on April 20, 2020, 05:15:10 PM
Do any other hayfever sufferers find it almost random when it comes on? I don't get it as bad as when I was a kid but still have bad years. However some years I get nothing at all.

Absolutely. I thought I'd grown out of it in my teens, but it's flared up quite badly at several points in my twenties. I assume there's some reason why the pollen is more intensely concentrated, or certain kinds of pollen dominate in certain years.

Same here. I didn't get hayfever until I was twenty, then had it every April - June for the next ten years or so after which it seemed to tail off. I had a few years without any symptoms before it reappeared, this time seemingly accompanied by mild eczema (which I'd never had before) on my neck. Mild symptoms started again about two weeks ago.

Annie Labuntur

The Thrush or AIDS one has just gone up.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Eddie Fucking Izzard considers reohforfuckssake.