Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:39:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

No pub till,

Started by Sebastian Cobb, April 20, 2020, 08:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Christmas!

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/20/pubs-across-uk-stay-shut-christmas-12581339/

Seen a few papers running this today, although the gov themselves seem to have left it vague. I imagine many won't be able to open if it does go that long :(

thenoise

Local is still going strong, cooking roast dinners 6 days a week and delivering them locally. I'd imagine the ones that'll last probably have some similar scheme or other going on.

The town bars and drinking holes / gig venue type places are screwed though. I think it's going to be a very different country when we emerge.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Beastie Boys consider rew

I'm sorry.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 20, 2020, 08:49:41 PM
Beastie Boys consider rew

I'm sorry.

It's almost like I did it on purpose.

shiftwork2

Just guesswork.  I'd guess late summer.  But that's just a ...

So the post from thenoise (thanks) did make me check out a local country pub that is known for its food and guess what it is open in the manner you describe.  This is great news.

Ferris

Fucking hell that seems a bit much, no? 8 months with no boozer?

shiftwork2

The coronavirus has managed what Hitler couldn't.

wooders1978

Fuck that, no boozer until Christmas, when it's all busy and full of cocks ordering coffee?
I'd rather kill myself and my family to be frank 

Butchers Blind

Don't forget to clean those pipes.

idunnosomename

i think it's just the sun wanting to sell papers to people who think it costs 30p

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 20, 2020, 09:29:19 PM
i think it's just the sun wanting to sell papers to people who think it costs 30p

Pretty much.

Half the countries in Europe will be re-opening pubs in some form in the next 3 weeks for fuck sake.

bgmnts

Seriously how are people still even alive without being able to drink a shitload of poison in a stuffy, loud room? I don't know how everyone has survived, frankly.

wooders1978

Quote from: bgmnts on April 20, 2020, 09:36:51 PM
Seriously how are people still even alive without being able to drink a shitload of poison in a stuffy, loud room? I don't know how everyone has survived, frankly.

Preach

Lest we forget paying at least 4 times the price as a drink at home

Wait until Xmas? Fuck off!

Sebastian Cobb

bgmnts

Eeyore would be in the pub every day, in the corner, drinking to ease the pain.

chveik

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 20, 2020, 09:30:43 PM
Half the countries in Europe will be re-opening pubs in some form in the next 3 weeks for fuck sake.

are you sure about that?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Cloud

Just fucking kill me if it's that long :(

Dewt

Has anybody checked on Blue Jam? I've never known anybody whose thought process was so tied to "going down the pub"

Blue Jam

By sitting in a quiet living room playing video games

Blue Jam

Quote from: Dewt on April 21, 2020, 01:39:31 AM
Has anybody checked on Blue Jam? I've never known anybody whose thought process was so tied to "going down the pub"

Can't go to the pub to watch snooker, so drinking homebrew while playing Snooker 19, cheers.

Used more of the yeast for baking bread than for making beer tbh. Going to get some bread on today as well. Lavender and honey bread. Goes well with goat's cheese.