Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

From

Started by SteveDave, August 04, 2023, 09:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

I've done a search but couldn't find anything about this. Started watching it this week having read nothing about it on my father's recommendation.

Michael from "Lost" is the sheriff of a small town where vampiric ghouls come out at night and attempt to kill its inhabitants. Everyone else is a Canadian actor (cheap) The dad of the family who arrive in the town is Bradley Cooper drawn from memory.

We're 8 episodes into the first series (of 10 with 10 more in series two) and we're enjoying it, but I've got a sinking feeling that it's going to be like "Lost" with no proper ending nor answers to any of the questions raised- How did they all get to the town? Why can't they leave? Why are there vampires on the world? Why do some trees act as portals to other places?

mjwilson

There's a few people from Lost working on this, not just Michael, so I suspect they will be consciously trying to avoid some of the issues people had with that show. So (unless it gets cancelled) I would expect that there will at least be answers. (Whether people like them is another matter.)

Enzo

I did get through both series of this (third has been approved, but I guess will be delayed to the strike)

Definitely finger prints of Lost all over this in story structure and characters. It's not bad though, I do get the sinking feeling that the ending will be disappointing.

Pink Gregory

Decided that this is called 'Found' and finding it very hard to remember that it's not.

iamcoop

I think I'm probably jaded as fuck by this point so I'm sure it's my problem and not the actual show, but I watched the first twenty minutes of the first episode and counted about ten lazy horror tropes that I've seen so many times before I just couldn't bring myself to watch anymore of it.

I should probably give it more time but judging by other comments here maybe life's just too short...

Pink Gregory

I've only been watching this over Ms. Gregory's shoulder but they drop the Arthur C Clarke quote about technology, unadorned, in the first episode and I cringed myself inside out.

I've just started the second season of this. I'm really enjoying it but like the OP and others here, I'm also fearing that it's going to be very much like Lost, where they just keep piling the weird shit up without any adequate explanations. Either that or it'll get cancelled before anything can be resolved. Having your man from Lost as the sherrif isn't helping either.

There's some surprisingly shocking stuff in here though, and it's very very bleak. But I haven't seen much about it online. Maybe because it's hard to search for something called 'From'?

I do hope it won't go up its own arse. I also really hope it won't be a
Spoiler alert
"they were DEAD all along!"
[close]
type thing because that's so done darling.

Ferris

I have two friends who have bit parts/recurring roles in this and am amazed to see that anyone outside of my province has ever heard of it. I don't think anyone working on it has any pretensions about what they're doing tbh.

The scoop: everyone involved is genuinely quite nice, for whatever that's worth.

Mobius

I watched all of this a few months back and loved it. Looking forward to the new series

katzenjammer

I quite enjoyed this but am aware the chances of ever getting anything past an 'it was all a dream' level of explanation is very slim

Ferris

Quote from: Ferris on January 21, 2024, 02:09:19 AMI have two friends who have bit parts/recurring roles in this

One of them is coming over to my house for dinner on Tuesday. I'll ask her what the "twist" ending is. She might have no idea, but if I find out I'll post it here.

Suspect it is a "ahh they're all already dead ahh" tbh.

Quote from: Ferris on January 21, 2024, 12:57:51 PMOne of them is coming over to my house for dinner on Tuesday. I'll ask her what the "twist" ending is. She might have no idea, but if I find out I'll post it here.

Please don't!

Ferris

You got it. I doubt writers tell bit-part actors their master plans anyway!

Ferris

Well I asked, and apparently
Spoiler alert
I forgot to ask her so have absolutely no idea
[close]
so there we go, you heard it here first!

Mobius

Which ones are your mates from the show Ferris? Want too know if they play annoying characters

Ferris

Not to be a twat but I don't want to say - god knows it's not fair to publicly associate them with me.  Both have pretty lengthy IMDB pages but don't act as their primary profession, but I don't want to say more than that.

They're not public figures and knowing they're semi regularly at my gaff eating lentil curries and doing Lego with my child might finish their careers.

Mobius

ok i know who it is now but i won't tell anyone

Ferris

DoesNotFollow

We got through the first series, I checked out one or two episodes into the second series though. I think my partner finished watching the rest at another point but certainly wasn't raving that I'd really missed out anything.

Mobius

It's not amazing or anything but pretty entertaining and they do actually answer mysteries as they go. It's intriguing, a good binge and my partner and I like theorising about where it's all going. There are some annoying subplots as usual.

Grassygnome

Quote from: mechanical blood goat on January 20, 2024, 09:56:17 PMI've just started the second season of this. I'm really enjoying it but like the OP and others here, I'm also fearing that it's going to be very much like Lost, where they just keep piling the weird shit up without any adequate explanations. Either that or it'll get cancelled before anything can be resolved. Having your man from Lost as the sherrif isn't helping either.

There's some surprisingly shocking stuff in here though, and it's very very bleak. But I haven't seen much about it online. Maybe because it's hard to search for something called 'From'?

I do hope it won't go up its own arse. I also really hope it won't be a
Spoiler alert
"they were DEAD all along!"
[close]
type thing because that's so done darling.

You've lost me.