Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:13:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Darts 23/24

Started by bgmnts, November 14, 2023, 06:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Just watch a few games and dismiss the ones who come across as pricks.
It'll soon whittle the numbers down.

Some good games tonight.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Thursday on December 28, 2023, 11:24:09 PMHow does a casual newbie decide who to support in the darts? I need to know the players voting records/which one's are problematic.

Jelle Klassen (former BDO World champ and Michael van Gerwen's childhood friend) sent dick pics to the mentally disabled 15-year old sister of Michael van Gerwen's wife, so that was a bit rum.

Steve Faeces

Was not at all sad to see Price knocked out and suspect at least one of tonight's big names, MvG and Smith, may join him seeing as how good their opponents were in round three.

DrGreggles

MvG has been coasting, so it'll be interesting to see what happens if he gets put under pressure. He still has phases where he'll become erratic for a couple of sets.

Smith has looked shaky throughout, so him losing to anyone now wouldn't be much of a shock.

There's an argument that Luke Littler has looked the most consistent so far, but Luke Humphries' comeback last night was impressive - and a few pundits think it could be his year.

BeardFaceMan

It's been a weird tournament, the big names have already gone out or haven't looked particularly great in victory. Genuinely no idea who is going to win it this year, or even be in the final, it's very open. Some great games so far, though.

DrGreggles

Yeah, the overall standard hasn't been as high (so far), but the early rounds don't usually throw up as many good games as we've had this year.

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 29, 2023, 12:02:08 PMSmith has looked shaky throughout, so him losing to anyone now wouldn't be much of a shock.

You're welcome

Steve Faeces

A very good set of matches tonight. Think Anderson should beat Dolan and Cullen will run Humphreys close but be knocked out. RvB Vs Littler, who knows, massive for Littler but then being at the worlds is already. I think he might do it.

DrGreggles

On form Littler should win comfortably, but Barney has upped his game numerous times when needed since un-retiring. Maybe playing Littler will help him.
Fingers crossed for a good game anyway.

Blue Jam

Oh fuckinell Luke:

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/luke-littler-apologises-for-promo-with-the-sun-i-didnt-fully-understand-at-the-time-what-i-was-being-asked-to-do

I know he's a nipper but he's from Runcorn... Think I'll be rooting for Barney over The Bairn now

Blue Jam

"Who would you like to get followed by on Twitter?"
"United legend David Beckham."

Right then, gwaaarn Barney.

BeardFaceMan

God, Brendan Dolan is one of the darts players I can't stand, why does he seem to be the only one playing well? That was the only thing that soured Price going out, it was fucking Dolan that did it.

DrGreggles

BeardFaceMan

Thank fuck, looked like it was gonna be 4-0 there.

BeardFaceMan

I want to snap his index finger off every time he does that twatty thing after hitting a 180, the big twat. At least he seems to have got rid of "history maker" on the collar of his shirt now. The big twat.

BeardFaceMan

Bollocks.

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 30, 2023, 08:52:09 PMI want to snap his index finger off every time he does that twatty thing after hitting a 180, the big twat. At least he seems to have got rid of "history maker" on the collar of his shirt now. The big twat.

Oh I see he got rid of it from his collar and its now printed in even bigger letters on the front of his shirt. The massive twat.

Indomitable Spirit

Just staring in awe at the graveyard of failed hair restoration procedures on Barney's head.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on December 30, 2023, 09:26:28 PMJust staring in awe at the graveyard of failed hair restoration procedures on Barney's head.

Head like a map of Turkey.

dr beat

Amid all the obvious fancy dress, liking the lads who've all turned up in the 1996 Spice Boys LFC cup final suits.  Look out for them.

DrGreggles

Barney looking like he just couldn't be arsed.
Bet he retires again.

Cuntbeaks

The crowd are absolutely pish. Too busy getting pished and fannying about in fancy dress.

My main takeaway from when I attended the Premier League nights at the Glasgow SEC was the relentless noise and pin sharp focus on the darts.

Best atmosphere of anything I've ever attended.

Indomitable Spirit

Can't be arsed with another 40 years of this little twat

Blue Jam

Quote from: dr beat on December 30, 2023, 09:44:37 PMAmid all the obvious fancy dress, liking the lads who've all turned up in the 1996 Spice Boys LFC cup final suits.  Look out for them.

Think there's a group in dressed like the Yellowcoats from Hi De Hi an 'all

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 30, 2023, 09:59:57 PMBarney looking like he just couldn't be arsed.

That's what stopped him toppling Taylor as the dominant PDC force when he switched, he's one of the best natural throwers out there but he's never had the mental game.

dr beat

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on December 30, 2023, 10:15:08 PMCan't be arsed with another 40 years of this little twat

Did you write my school reports?

Blue Jam

That purple and yellow shirt makes Littler look a bit UKIP

Blue Jam

Springtime For Littler

Brian Freeze

Just shown Mrs F some pictures of the Little lad.

"I'm going to guess he's a lot younger than he looks - so 25?"

dr beat

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 30, 2023, 10:17:46 PMThat purple and yellow shirt makes Littler look a bit UKIP

It's more the now hopefully revived Newcastle Thunder RLFC.

The lad who's 16 going on 65 did well, according to the news. I assume they've checked his birth certificate.