Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:22:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mrs Bates Versus the Post Office, 1 Jan 2024 to 4 Jan 2023, 9 pm, ITV

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, December 29, 2023, 06:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: popcorn on January 09, 2024, 08:51:41 PMThe beeb should make one where Steve Coogan plays the Post Office.

6 hours of Vennells speaking into a dictaphone and eating chips with her mum on the seafront followed by a single white-text-on-black-screen slide mentioning the inquiry. Coogan receives the Lifetime Achievement award from the Royal Television Society.

Des Wigwam

Looks like she's handing back the CBE. Except it's not so clear cut - turns out you can't just hand one back the King has to decide to take it back. Or something. I also didn't realise that the next one up is Dame/Baron/Lord. I thought a CBE was the lowest.

Plus the government are asking why the government is still handing contracts to Fujitsu. This is particularly high profile but whatever happens (nothing) about it won't stop all the other consultancies getting huge contracts for projects that they either never really deliver or deliver but then "support" for huge fees.

studpuppet

I think my biggest takeaway from this whole thing is how great Toby Jones is. I mean, you'd imagine he's successful purely because of his wonky character actor looks, but having seen and heard Alan Bates subsequently, his voice and mannerisms are uncanny. A lot of the other portrayals are broad strokes, you know, like the real person but a bit more TV-friendly (eg. the MP), but Toby's gone the extra mile on his part.

lauraxsynthesis

I loved that butch forensic accountant Kay Linnell. Isobel Middleton made her super-compelling. And kinda hot. Talk about unlikely heroes - two forensic accountants in one series. Ian Hart crying omg.

kalowski

I'm 2 episodes in. I'm rightly angry and it's an amazing and shocking tale but as others have said....the script! Oh!

SteveDave

We finished this tonight. The thing that caused the most commotion on our sofa was TWICE Toby Jones took away glasses that had a good inch of booze left in them when he went to get another round in.

Midas

This somehow managed to be both compelling viewing and absolute shite simultaneously

Toby Jones was great though