Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 11:03:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Yakuza series

Started by Bhazor, August 02, 2018, 04:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Quote from: Pink Gregory on August 15, 2022, 07:18:44 PMDidn't think there would be any but thanks for letting me know!

Go to the dojo from 4 (same place slot car racing used to be) to do the first one. Once that's done, walk away a bit (to the M Store and back should be fine), then go back to do the second one. After that you're all sorted.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Mister Six on August 15, 2022, 07:39:31 PMGo to the dojo from 4 (same place slot car racing used to be) to do the first one. Once that's done, walk away a bit (to the M Store and back should be fine), then go back to do the second one. After that you're all sorted.
Already done, you know me so well

Pink Gregory

so what's the deal with Saejima going back into prison?  They never talk about a charge or exactly what it is that he's going away for, can a Yakuza Patriarch just kind of choose to go inside because the charge of...being a yakuza...is always there for them?  Or is it still related to him breaking out of Okinawa?

Mister Six

I think they say in the Majima restaurant conversation that he's taking the fall for someone within the organisation, don't they? Or cancelling out some kind of wider debt owed by the family?

Quote from: Pink Gregory on August 15, 2022, 08:01:32 PMAlready done, you know me so well

Hooray!

Pink Gregory

I was looking out for something like that but I didn't catch anything.  But I've missed stuff before...

Granted I assume that that's why he's able to choose, taking the fall for one of his boys or something, seeing as he is a Patriarch.

Ah, there we go, three years for assault.  Well I have been smashing bikes in people's faces a whole lot.

Mister Six

Oh, looking about, it seems that he needs to properly finish his prison sentence in order to have his slate totally wiped clean, so he can move up in the Tojo. Possibly a couple of years for escaping from prison in the first place? Although you'd think the authorities would want to play down anything and everything about that prison. And I'm not sure why he was able to wander about freely in the meantime.

Pink Gregory

Kind of assumed that Daigo would have been able to sort something out, considering Munakata's antics going public.

Though he seems to know what he's doing, so he probably always considered doing it to shore up his authority if needed.

He's unrecognisable without the Mowgli hair, it takes some gettinf used to.

Mister Six

I much prefer Racist Football Fan Saejima to Metalocalypse Saejima. Spent all of Yakuza 4 wishing he'd get a shower to sort out that lank, greasy hair. Even taking him to the bathhouse in the Hotel District didn't help.

Pink Gregory

I want to see Kamuro FC.  Everyone in little shorts.  Essence of Dragon Goal.  Who's the ref?  The Florist?

Mister Six

You'd want one of the Mr Shakedowns on goal, wouldn't you? You need the reach.

Akiyama and Majima on attack, obviously. Fleet of foot, and I can especially imagine Majima weaving and leaping his way past defenders.

Pink Gregory

Most punishment I've ever seen Saejima actually mete out in a cutscene.  It *is* odd that you don't get another mass brawl as him, imagine how few moves you would have at this point if you didn't know to get into some fights in Kamurocho, and then a boss that blocks most of your moves...

Sure Saejima has his tiger puppetry, but you're getting hit so much that you barely get a chance to pick someone up.  Really he should have a move that's just putting his arms out and running into a crowd.

Mister Six

Ha, I actually blundered right past the initial Kamurocho section, so wasn't levelled up much by that boss fight. I don't think I found it a massive amount of hassle, but that might just have been me being very lucky. Saejima gets absurdly hardy by the end of the game (get the thing that lets him shrug off staggering attacks if his heat gauge is full), so you won't be like this for long!

Pink Gregory

gotta move gotta move gotta move on

until the break of dawn

jusht keep on danshen

Jerzy Bondov

Please can someone come and kick me through the window of a Poppo before I buy this https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/t-shirts/ono.html

Mister Six

Sorry, I would, but I fully intend to buy this and I don't want to be a hypocrite.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Mister Six on August 17, 2022, 09:42:32 PMSorry, I would, but I fully intend to buy this and I don't want to be a hypocrite.

please tell me there's a Majima one

Mister Six

Sadly not, but the box has a "1" on it, so maybe if we all wish very hard and buy 500 of them...

Pink Gregory

now I'm dressed as a santa
now I'm punching a bear
I'm Taiga Saejimaaaa

Mister Six

Haha, I hated Saejima's sections in 4, but 5 improves on pretty much everything. Even the cops posted around the place aren't too annoying. His combat is a lot more fun too. And I bloody love the hunting.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Mister Six on August 26, 2022, 07:04:58 PMHaha, I hated Saejima's sections in 4, but 5 improves on pretty much everything. Even the cops posted around the place aren't too annoying. His combat is a lot more fun too. And I bloody love the hunting.

I struggled at first because there were *so* many tutorials for the hunting, but then it gets going pretty quickly if you stick around the village.

The amount of bears that it starts to throw at you combined with how relatively easy they are to deal with is a bit mad.  One trip up the mountain and I've dropped five massive brown bears because they fancied a Saejima dinner because I walked a bit near them.

Mister Six

Yeah, the game also sometimes spawns ridiculous numbers of bears. I once had five of the buggers circling me. And if you fix up all the huts, you won't be worrying about health.

BTW if you're not bothered about completing the "sell 1 million yen's worth of stuff to the game trader" mission, or have already done so, I believe the pawn shop in town gives you more cash for all hunting products.

Oh! Also FYI when you do the Haruka section, DO NOT open any lockers. She shares keys with Akiyama, but not items. So if you pick up a key as her, wait until you control Akiyama to open anything. In the final chapter all the guys share their inventory too, but Haruka's remains separate.

Pink Gregory

Also I have to say, fighting as Saejima takes a little too long to get more interesting.

I know his main thing is charging his strong attacks but I wish they could guard break as well, it always falls a little flat when you throw out his double finisher and some little dillweed host just puts his dukes up and neutralises it.  Also I really wish his normal throw could knock everyone down a bit more, for someone who can lift people over his head, it doesn't feel as effective as Kiryu's simple judo throw.

Still, I'm impressed by how much different stuff Saejima does get in Y4 and Y5; it also feels like a second go at him has really paid off, he's a very distinct personality in the body of a meathead.  Also Tsukemino is pretty great, love the detail of all the frozen snow being a bit dirty from the roads.  I still miss having a small environment as detailed as Okinawa from Y3 though.

Occurs to me that when I get to Sotenbori it'll be the oldest one that I've seen yet.

Pink Gregory

Also I'd be really interested to know the differences between a Kansai accent in the Japanese text and how it's written sort of like generic southern USA in English.

Thursday

There was a Persona spinoff game that localized a Kansai character with a New Jersey accent. Very odd for Anime, but from my understanding actually makes a lot more sense.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Thursday on August 29, 2022, 09:38:05 AMThere was a Persona spinoff game that localized a Kansai character with a New Jersey accent. Very odd for Anime, but from my understanding actually makes a lot more sense.
Majima and Saejima voiced by the cast of the Sopranos

Mister Six

"Ayy, get a loada Big Taiga ova heah."

*Performs Essence of Gabagool*

Pink Gregory

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Mister Six on August 29, 2022, 03:18:21 PM"Ayy, get a loada Big Taiga ova heah."

*Performs Essence of Gabagool*

it's occurring to me that you can also read it as cockney.  Saejima just said something about 'leaving your mate behind' which was unexpected.

Mister Six

I'd kind of like to see the rest of the Yakuza world. Presumably people are just as mad and superpowered everywhere, with East End nawty boys wearing bulletproof pearly jackets, and brawls in the Bronx ending when someone gets put headfirst through a concrete wall (then getting up and limping off).

Sadly, nobody would actually be able to make those games like they ought to. Tragedy.

Pink Gregory

Yeah Japan gets Yakuza and we get the Getaway: Black Monday

EDIT: first 'leaving your mate behind' and now 'found the little bugger'.  Yeah I think Saejima might be a cockney.