Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:35:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Unexpected pictures of musicians together

Started by Nowhere Man, August 28, 2018, 07:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Quote from: purlieu on October 30, 2018, 10:02:41 PM

Ian Huntley getting some "girls you'd like to murder" entries on the mental checklist, there.

The Culture Bunker

I almost didn't recognise Mark E Smith there, on the previous page (not the pic above, obv) as he looks healthy.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: spaghetamine on March 09, 2020, 07:10:25 PM

not entirely sure if this fits the criteria but posting anyway because it's great

From the same photoshoot when they were on the cover of the NME together i think. I suspect it ended with them all having a few sherries together.

non capisco

I do sometimes forget that there was that brief period in the mid 80s when Mark E Smith curiously didn't look like he was a ball hair away from death. He looks like someone who could have been presenting 'Pebble Mill At One' in that photo.

the science eel

Cave was the only one sober that day. I think it's evident there.

the science eel

Quote from: non capisco on March 09, 2020, 11:55:01 PM
I do sometimes forget that there was that brief period in the mid 80s when Mark E Smith curiously didn't look like he was a ball hair away from death. He looks like someone who could have been presenting 'Pebble Mill At One' in that photo.

He looks pretty healthy (and relatively subdued) in this, from the same year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmdpvLdMbMc

famethrowa

Quote from: the science eel on March 10, 2020, 12:28:42 AM
He looks pretty healthy (and relatively subdued) in this, from the same year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmdpvLdMbMc

Fantastic clip. "Bout time she brought some money t' the 'ouse"

Also, at least MES didn't sell out with schmaltzy piano ballads like some people.

Funcrusher

not entirely sure if this fits the criteria but posting anyway because it's great

That's just bizarre, he looks like Marti Pellow. Brix was definitely acting as stylist in those days, and he looks like she had him on a healthy Californian diet as well.

gilbertharding

Joni Mitchell, Robert Trujillo, Lemmy.

Someone tried to tell me that Joni Mitchell co-wrote Bomber, but refused to be credited. I didn't believe it, obviously, but I checked nevertheless.

Twonty Gostelow

From the audience, Miles Davis giving flowers to Laura Nyro after a 1970 show. They never played together live or in the studio.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on March 09, 2020, 10:00:04 PMFrom the same photoshoot when they were on the cover of the NME together i think. I suspect it ended with them all having a few sherries together.

If its the one I'm thinking of, they got into an argument about Nietzsche and MacGowan later claimed MES went on a racist rant about Pakistani people afterwards.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on April 10, 2022, 07:04:56 PMIf its the one I'm thinking of, they got into an argument about Nietzsche and MacGowan later claimed MES went on a racist rant about Pakistani people afterwards.

I think Cave went on to say McGowan was "pukingly drunk".

McChesney Duntz

I think McGowan was off his skull on E, from what I've heard. Could also have been pukingly drunk as well. I mean, look who we're talking about here.

Ant Farm Keyboard

From 1984. Letterman had Bob Dylan as the musical guest (that's when he played with The Plugz, for an impressive mini-set), while Liberace was the regular guest.

From a celebrity Wheel of Fortune that had James Brown and Litlte Richard partner. Ultimately, it was some right-wing country singer (not pictured) who won.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

even his shirt looks like Ron Mael!

edit oh that was 5 pages ago? righto

Deliciousbass

Maybe not that unexpected, but I still like it!

studpuppet

I checked, and To Me, To You (Bruv) got to no. 92 in the charts, so I'm having it.

SweetPomPom

I'm 80% convinced that's actually Bob Mortimer with a MES mask on.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: SweetPomPom on July 27, 2022, 04:15:24 PMI'm 80% convinced that's actually Bob Mortimer with a MES mask on.

It really does not look real, very odd.

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

pupshaw

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on April 10, 2022, 12:16:22 PMFrom the audience, Miles Davis giving flowers to Laura Nyro after a 1970 show. They never played together live or in the studio.

His arm looks strange...

Pauline Walnuts

Have you thought of the draws in the bureau?

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: pupshaw on August 09, 2022, 06:29:05 PM
Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on April 10, 2022, 12:16:22 PMFrom the audience, Miles Davis giving flowers to Laura Nyro after a 1970 show. They never played together live or in the studio.

His arm looks strange...

Glebe

Kankurette

Jesus Christ, Miles Davis didn't only eat the Toot Toot Fruit, he also ate the Gum Gum Fruit!

Glebe

Here's a mad one I just stumbled across - Carcass with J. Mascis!