Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:20:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Skyrim Next-Gen Remaster (Nov 2021)

Started by Chedney Honks, August 20, 2021, 06:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

My character is currently prancing about wearing Dark Seducer armour and wielding a bow that she looted from a naughty assassin who was after the Jarl of Whiterun.  Life is good.

Edit - argh!  Pink!

king_tubby

Please tell me the good mods as I am on my second run through and the only mod I have installed is the annoying valley girl who is good at mopping up cannon fodder one.

Cerys

I'm loving the random courier encounters.  He's been looking for me a lot, apparently.  Lots of lovely quests.  Happy times.

Ferris

Not had time to play this, worked literally every evening since release date (actually a few weeks before).

Can't wait to fucking batter some dead nord cunts in a cavern.

Cerys

Play it!  I've got two pet ant-faced arachnoid buddies!

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: bgmnts on November 18, 2021, 05:44:58 PMI think I'm one of the very few who found the same repetitive dungeon crawling of Skyrim a bit boring and Oblivion is my favourite.

I love the levelling system though.

I enjoyed it, but I've not really got much desire to play it again. I think it was more about the story than the mechanics? I don't know.

king_tubby

Considering I've been playing the original since the start of summer I'm thinking of forking out for the anniversary edition - is it worth it?

Cerys

Yes.  Not least because you can get a pack goat named Hilda.

Mister Six

Can you kick that sarcastic woman (Lydia?) out of your house now, or do you still have to sacrifice her to eldritch god's if you want her to permanently fuck the fuck off?

Cerys

You can just kill her - but then you always could.

bgmnts

Another 12gb update on my Skyrim today. Is this part of the next gen remaster? That's two in a few days.

Mister Six

Quote from: Cerys on November 23, 2021, 08:28:15 PMYou can just kill her - but then you always could.

Oh, maybe I needed to turn on extreme difficulty or something. I thought they just fell unconscious until whatever battle you were in ended.

Cerys

Just tell her to go home and then slaughter the bitch while she's stuffing her face in Breezehome.  If she isn't a follower you can kill her quite easily.

In other news, I now have a pet fox, skeever, bunny rabbit and frostbite spider.  My house is a bit crowded.

Mister Six

Shit, I'll remember that for next time. Thanks, Cerys, you lovely psychopath!

Can I get rid of the body after or will she just stink the place up? Should I wait till I've got the wabbajack?

Cerys

From what I remember, she disappears after a while and her coffin shows up in the Hall of the Dead.  On the other hand, turning her into a pet rabbit could be fun.  She is sworn to cavort as your bunny, after all.  Or something like that.

Cerys

YES!  YES!  Ten years I've been waiting, and finally, finally a dragon has attacked Whiterun!

The icing on the sweetroll will be if it turns out to have incinerated Nazeem.  Fingers crossed.

bgmnts

Another 17gb update for my Skyrim on Xbox S. What the hell is going on? I havent even played it in years.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Cerys on December 14, 2021, 05:40:20 PMYES!  YES!  Ten years I've been waiting, and finally, finally a dragon has attacked Whiterun!

The icing on the sweetroll will be if it turns out to have incinerated Nazeem.  Fingers crossed.

I'd love to see that. "Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you daaaarrrgghh!"

Chollis

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on December 14, 2021, 06:00:02 PMI'd love to see that. "Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you daaaarrrgghh!"

For ages I thought the Cloud District was some magical, exotic place in a far-away city. Bit disappointed when I found out he just meant 20 feet away.

Cerys

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on December 14, 2021, 06:00:02 PMI'd love to see that. "Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you daaaarrrgghh!"

Sadly, he lived.  Next time, though - next time I will be instrumental in the dragon deciding to land on his cunty, patronising  head.

Ferris

Quote from: Cerys on December 14, 2021, 09:52:24 PMSadly, he lived.  Next time, though - next time I will be instrumental in the dragon deciding to land on his cunty, patronising  head.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FuckNazeem/

Cerys

Cerys

For fuck's sake.  Anniversary edition, and the Arcwind Point glitch hasn't been fixed.  Bethesda, I am disappoint.

Chollis

Quote from: Cerys on January 26, 2022, 06:10:26 PMFor fuck's sake.  Anniversary edition, and the Arcwind Point glitch hasn't been fixed.  Bethesda, I am disappoint.

got the big bug-fix patch?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266

most downloaded mod, lists 3 bug fixes for Arcwind Point in the changelog:

Quote1. The dragon at Arcwind Point was not tagged as a boss, thus the location could not be marked as cleared.
2. Word wall trigger for Arcwind Point needed to extend its radius because the 3 symbols were visible while
  approaching.
3. Getting sent to Arcwind Point will no longer cause the word wall quest to stick in the journal. The location
  marker property had not been set on the trigger.

Cerys

Brilliant - thanks.  I already had it, but didn't have it enabled because I am an utter fuckwit.

Cerys

Godsdammit, I've just been sent back there to pick up the word again, and the glitch is back.  All I can think of is to disable and re-enable the mod.  This has better bloody work or I'm going to twat you off the mountainside, Arngeir, you ineffable cunt.

king_tubby

I'm playing some of the expansion mods, here are my detailed reviews.

Falskaar - dull, far too empty, far too much reporting back to some cunt, NPCs you're meant to tag along with quite often don't run which makes getting to locations very tedious.

Wyrmstooth - lots better, more immersive though again prone to big empty dungeons. Some very challenging fights.

Cerys

I quite enjoyed Falskaar, but it did have its annoyances - mostly the ones you've mentioned.  Haven't done Wyrmstooth yet.

My idea worked.  Arngeir remains untwatted.

king_tubby

Quote from: Cerys on January 27, 2022, 04:49:18 PMI quite enjoyed Falskaar, but it did have its annoyances - mostly the ones you've mentioned.  Haven't done Wyrmstooth yet.

I've just completed the main quest.

Spoiler alert
A fucking dragon appears out of nowhere and eats the main bad guy then you're back in the pub? Fuck off!
[close]

Cerys

Apparently if you play it on PC there's a cut scene which wraps things up better.