Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:08:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2022

Started by dr beat, January 01, 2022, 07:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: shoulders on January 09, 2022, 04:07:13 PMhttps://youtu.be/rnQJqytLNZA

Proper crush on snooker ref Desislava Bozhilova.

The more austere she behaves, the more... Well.

I get the appeal. She looks even better in real life too. I also love her strict enunciations, she's probably my second favourite ref after Marcelbot 3000.

Don't be jealous though. While dr beat and I have just seen Desislava Bozhilova bending over a table, we also saw Mark Williams bending over that same table in his shiny Wetherspoons manager's trousers a whole lot more.

Jan Verhaas was on VAR duties. I have only just noticed that he looks (and dresses) like a badass Fred Sirieux.

DocDaneeka

It's Leo Scullion for me, he's got that vulnerability.

druss

Crimelord Jan Verhaas for me.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: shoulders on January 09, 2022, 04:07:13 PMhttps://youtu.be/rnQJqytLNZA

Proper crush on snooker ref Desislava Bozhilova.

The more austere she behaves, the more... Well.

It is all above board, I assure you.

She is amazing. Don't think I watched any of the actual snooker. To think shat Shaun Murphy has had the temerity to breathe the same air....

shoulders

shoulders

There are some tanked up cunts in the audience tonight.

shoulders

The mask wearing situation is fucking abysmal too.

Blue Jam

Quote from: shoulders on January 09, 2022, 10:17:21 PMThere are some tanked up cunts in the audience tonight.

Not me Guv... I have actually never been to an evening session of snucker. Perhaps I fucking should, soak up the Legend Gary vibes.

druss

Really hope Zhao wasn't a flash in the plan, want him to annihilate the ghost of John Higgins today. Most exciting player to watch for years.

sevendaughters

Zhao lost in the first round of the GP against the Van Killer but that was to be expected as he was probably on a week-long pilsner bender. He played the Champo League and won every game - Selby, Bingham twice, Xiao twice, Day, Ning, Perry - I'm not worried about this lad, I think he has the x factor.

Blue Jam

I really want to see Zhao go far here too but The WeightWatcher of Wishaw is on fire today.

Blue Jam

Quote from: DocDaneeka on January 07, 2022, 07:58:36 PMThe Seniors snooker final coverage has been interrupted by a "temporary fault". Booooo! I want to watch the old duffers!

Lines vs Lilley. Fixture of the century right there.

I was just sat in a pub (drinking Diet Coke, it was a bit early for anything stronger) reading Snooker Scene like an old duffer. Picked up a copy yesterday. It's like CAMRA's Pints Of View but with snooker instead of pubs.

druss

State of this horrible old man beating the shit out of the talented youngster, fuck off and retire.

druss

Can see Higgins still doing this shit at 70. Awful man.

Blue Jam

Hmmmm, hope Zhao isn't going to be a James Cahillesque one-hit wonder.

druss

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 10, 2022, 02:29:34 PMHmmmm, hope Zhao isn't going to be a James Cahillesque one-hit wonder.
I think he has a bit more about him than that but I can't see him coming back and winning this one today. Hopefully Higgins will lose another final, the more that happens the funnier it becomes.

Blue Jam

Oh yes, Zhao obviously has a good snooker brain, unfortunately Twiggins isn't giving him many chances to use it today.

druss

This is sickening to watch.

shoulders

People forget Zhao looked absolutely fucking awful for stages in that competition he won, so unlikely he has the consistency at this stage to be regularly turning it on.

Blue Jam

People also forget that Thiggins is pretty good, and that his spinning class addiction probably hasn't hurt his form and I couldn't see a bulging envelope poking out of waistcoat pocket today. tbf he deserved that win.

Would still be funny to see him lose another final though.

druss

Feel like pure shit, just want Zhao back.

monkfromhavana

AIDS bending over a green rostrum is a sight I don't think I will ever get out of my head.

kidney

Always nice to watch Shorn lose and the Hawk soar proudly.

The crowd could be full of Banter Gary's for the Ronnie - Lisowski match tomorrow, thankfully they play in the afternoon and not the evening. Even on Sunday before the first match Knob Walker was geeing up the crowd saying something like "imagine the reception Ronnie will get!".

Galeee

I enjoy the way thar Desi clips off the last syllable of some of her words. Today she announced, "Sean Murph - twent."
I agree.

mippy

Quote from: justin_bennett on January 09, 2022, 02:11:18 PMMark Williams' sponsor is his wife's travel agency - top quality Wix website and she's punting Valentines trips to New York and Vegas in These Covid Times on her Insta.

I wonder, loking at the site, if this is q branch of the MLM company Inteletravel...

druss

Hope Ronnie has a good run this week, when he's on his game he's still the best to watch, apart from maybe Zhao who has instantly become my new favourite (sorry, Ding).

jobotic

Early footage of Higgins. Looks like a young Bernard Sumner, gawjus.

EOLAN

Horrendous TV directing as Lisowski makes his century. Once the ball is potted cuts straight to the crowd without showing the greatly measured cue ball that knocks the remaining red off the pink and makes it pottable.

druss

Quote from: EOLAN on January 11, 2022, 01:43:58 PMHorrendous TV directing as Lisowski makes his century. Once the ball is potted cuts straight to the crowd without showing the greatly measured cue ball that knocks the remaining red off the pink and makes it pottable.
Yeah that was shocking.