Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:18:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2022

Started by selectivememory, January 04, 2022, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crenners

Let's wait til he's president of serbia and nuke them back to the Dark Ages

buttgammon

Quote from: selectivememory on January 09, 2022, 09:50:39 PMLmao now Farage has gone to visit the Djokovic family ahead of his hearing today. Opportunistic little worm.

Gotta wonder how Novak feels seeing his cause being taken up by some of the worst public figures in the world. Maybe he doesn't care, I dunno.

Haha! If only those bloody immigrants were all extremely wealthy individuals who were trying to make martyrs of themselves, his stance on immigration would've been very different.

From all-conquering tennis player to cause celebre for idiots. Wow. I doubt Djokovic cares and I thought he was a wanker before this but I'm still a bit shocked.

Deanjam

Djokovic has won his appeal. I hope they boo the fuck out of him.

imitationleather

Is it racist to say "Serbs are nothing but trouble"?

selectivememory

Apparently the immigration minister can still kick him out, though that would be a huge escalation, as it would also entail a three-year ban from the country for Djokovic.

Deanjam

Some claims from a Serbian reporter that Djokovic has been 'arrested'

Her source is supposedly Djokovic's father.

druss

Quote from: Deanjam on January 10, 2022, 08:07:00 AMSome claims from a Serbian reporter that Djokovic has been 'arrested'

Her source is supposedly Djokovic's father.
This story is the gift that keeps on giving.

buttgammon

Everyone on the whole spectrum from "I'm careful what I put in my body" wankers to genocide deniers will be rejoicing at this. Really hoping the rumours of a spanner in the works are true.

chveik

we can't have nice things

gilbertharding

Now - I'm not saying I hope this happens - but if this were a fictional narrative arc, Djocko would now contract covid and be extremely ill with it.

bgmnts

Gutting turn of events but you'd expect nothing less really would you.

selectivememory

I mean, it bears repeating that if he genuinely did test positive for Covid last month, he was out taking maskless photos with kids the next day.

Also, he's won on a technicality. The border agents treated him terribly, but that doesn't mean he's in the right, just that they didn't follow the correct procedures.

He's posted a photo from Rod Laver Arena, but it's still not clear if he's going to be allowed to stay in the country. I hope they make a decision one way or the other soon. This has just been too much.

Cunt could have just gotten the vaccine.

selectivememory

Still, I did enjoy Muzza needling Farage on Twitter and getting a reaction out of him. Obviously touched a nerve.

rjd2

Quote from: selectivememory on January 10, 2022, 01:34:19 PMI mean, it bears repeating that if he genuinely did test positive for Covid last month, he was out taking maskless photos with kids the next day.

Also, he's won on a technicality. The border agents treated him terribly, but that doesn't mean he's in the right, just that they didn't follow the correct procedures.

He's posted a photo from Rod Laver Arena, but it's still not clear if he's going to be allowed to stay in the country. I hope they make a decision one way or the other soon. This has just been too much.

Cunt could have just gotten the vaccine.

In the UK an issue has been a lot of people on low paid jobs simply can't afford to isolate as struggling to get by so i can't criticise them, but Novak did not even make a token attempt to isolate which is very annoying.

Heck if he said on day 11 of the 14 day isolation period "fuck this i need to get out of the house" that would be nowhere as bad as what he did which seemed to be going about his business the next day without a care in the world.

shoulders

Yep, that's the line that should be followed.

chveik

bgmnts

I feel like 21 double faults is a bit shit.

Not huge into tennis but those stats read like an odd game.

rjd2

Saba has the biggest serve on the tour when it clicks and broke 9 times by peterson.

61 unforced errors and 21 double faults because why not.

pcsjwgm

lol Djokovic's visa cancelled again.

Crenners

Bye mf see you you mother fucker

Deanjam

Lol. Potential 3 year ban too. Not much time to appeal. It starts Monday.

Inspector Norse

I don't really follow tennis so just asking out of curiosity, was it already widely known before this incident that Djokovic was a complete and utter cunt?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Inspector Norse on January 14, 2022, 08:53:19 AMI don't really follow tennis so just asking out of curiosity, was it already widely known before this incident that Djokovic was a complete and utter cunt?

I don't follow tennis, but I've become aware of Djokovic's cuntery since very early on in the pandemic. He's possibly the most prominent anti-vaxxer out there.

I can't say I have any particularly strong pre-pandemic memories about him. I'm not even sure I realised he was a different person from Goran Ivanišević until I heard the Tim Vine gag.

QuoteDid you know all male tennis players are witches. For example, Goran. Even he's a witch.

Deanjam

Quote from: Inspector Norse on January 14, 2022, 08:53:19 AMI don't really follow tennis so just asking out of curiosity, was it already widely known before this incident that Djokovic was a complete and utter cunt?

He'd kopped a lot of flack for organising tennis tournaments during the outbreak last summer, which acted as super spreader events. He then crossed borders into Serbia without getting tested, and subsequently tested positive. He's been a noted anti-vaxxer, and has some barmy medical opinions, including purifying water through prayer. And he has a history of shouting at ball kids.

So yeah, he's very unpopular, particulary in a sport where fandom is dominated by two other players.

Inspector Norse

Yeah I knew about the anti-vaxxery but all this other stuff, about going and smearing his covid all over kids and journalists and lying barefacedly at every opportunity seemingly just for shits and giggles. He's coming across like that guy with the weird nose who bought the Wu-Tang record and tried to sell AIDS drugs for a gazillion a pop, just pure malevolent bastardry for the sake of attention.

selectivememory

Until a couple of years ago, I still found him somewhat likeable. He could definitely be a prick, but I always thought he was probably a nice enough guy underneath it all. Probably a bit weird and obsessive like a lot of top athletes, but nothing that strange for a person in his position.

Last couple of years have been very damaging for his reputation though. And the stuff that's emerged during his latest trip to Australia reflects terribly on him. If he had any sense of shame he'd leave the country immediately and stop fighting it. Just read the public mood ffs.

He's probably been a bit fucked up by having no one but sycophants around him. His parents think he's a god, he's a national hero in Serbia, and his fanbase will rationalise anything he says or does, and basically think he's infallible.

selectivememory

Anyway, in nicer tennis news, Andy Murray's made a final in Sydney, and will potentially play Evans for the title.

Also, Liam Broady has just qualified for the main draw of the Open for the first time.

peanutbutter

Would rather he forces his way to staying in it. This will wound up being spun into some kind of positive in the long term (a shift away from focusing on how much of an arrogant prick he's been to the absolute mess of Australian policy) whereas him winning would just permanently shit on his legacy a bit.

shoulders

Quote from: selectivememory on January 14, 2022, 11:02:17 AMAnyway, in nicer tennis news, Andy Murray's made a final in Sydney, and will potentially play Evans for the title.

Also, Liam Broady has just qualified for the main draw of the Open for the first time.

I see that would potentially be the first ever all British atp final, which seems baffling somehow, would have thought Henman vs Rusedski must have happened one time at least.

poo

just sticking my head in to say Djokovic is a cunt