Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:59:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Street Fighter VI

Started by Swoz_MK, February 21, 2022, 10:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oggyraiding

Kimberly looks great. Not normally my type of character in terms of gameplay, but she looks really fun and the design fits in well with the bright and colourful graffiti aesthetic of the game. Not sure who is in charge of designing the new characters, but they're doing a better job than in the last two SF games.

samadriel

Heaps of info revealed, including Ken, Dhalsim, Blanka and Honda, and a bunch of single-player merriment.

oggyraiding

18 characters confirmed to be available at launch. 22 characters were featured in that leaked design image. Looks like:

Spoiler alert
Ed, Akuma, A.K.I., Rashid
[close]

Are likely to be DLC.

samadriel

The rest of the current intel, including what oggy said above.  Not much about the cast, but lots of other stuff.

greenman

Quote from: oggyraiding on June 10, 2022, 09:10:47 PMI felt like 4 pandered very heavily to fans of 2. After 3 with its weirdness and lack of some fan favourites, I recall 4 had pretty much the whole 2 gang returning. I'm glad they're moving on a bit with 5 and 6, I want weird new shit, I'm not arsed if we don't have Sagat and Bison.
I'v actually been giving 3rd strike a somewhat serious go in the last 2-3 weeks, mostly just playing against the CPU to try and recover what limited skill I had.

Design wise honestly I think its the best of the lot dropping a lot of the "genetic fighter from X culture" stuff that SF2 was based on but not going too far into Alpha's schoolgirl anime, beautifully animated as well.

Not given any of the new games a proper go but there was something about them that never quite felt right watching footage to me, a sense of rather mechanical "my turn now your turn" style attacks. Maybe might try giving six a go as it does certainly look nicer and has more of a unified design to it.

oggyraiding

New footage from The Game Awards, showing off Manon, Marisa, Deejay and JP, as well as some gameplay stuff from the World Tour mode.

Swoz_MK

I made it onto Beta 2 and bricking it a little bit. I couldn't stand SFV and all these bloody Drive systems are so intimidating. And there's no training room in the Beta so can't even learn the bastard. I'm an ungrateful sod.

samadriel

Zangief, Lily and Cammy reveal. They all look pretty good, bit sad that we don't see Green Hand in Gief's trailer,  but I never play him anyway.  I think I might try and learn Lily and Cammy, I've been meaning to pick up Cammy ever since Bison departed, and Lily looks like fun.

greenman

I'm guessing Lilly is T Hawk's Daughter?

Using a Rolleiflex as a taught.

oggyraiding

It feels like every time they do a reveal, the character looks so fun and has such a cool design that I want to main them. At this point Kimberley, Marisa, Manon, Cammy and Lily are all contenders. I can't main five characters!

"In response to criticism of our sexualised depiction of female fighters we have finally put Cammy's arse away. Now, please welcome a small child wearing nothing but a shirt and frilly knickers."

samadriel

Sorry, I think it's creepier to read Lily as sexualised than it is to put her in that outfit in the first place.  She's just dressed like my twelve year old niece.

madhair60

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on February 24, 2023, 09:53:46 AM"Now, please welcome a small child wearing nothing but a shirt and frilly knickers."

Did they have a special version of the trailer on the dark web or something?

bgmnts

Yeah sexualised girl and that but where are Dan and Sean? They're the only fighters worth caring about.

I have a feeling the 'frilly knickers' are supposed to compliment the native american design of the character. Yes you do get a lot of upskirt action but it's a Japanese game what do you want like?

Quote from: bgmnts on February 24, 2023, 03:15:08 PMYeah sexualised girl and that but where are Dan and Sean? They're the only fighters worth caring about.

I have a feeling the 'frilly knickers' are supposed to compliment the native american design of the character. Yes you do get a lot of upskirt action but it's a Japanese game what do you want like?

Camera not fixated on crotch during criticals?

greenman

The real question is will we be seeing Urien's toned buttocks again?

Mister Six

I love how the possibility of a 50-year-old bear-wrestling hulk battering a little girl isn't even registering as problematic.

EDIT: Having seen the video, though, that is definitely nonce-baiting. They look like they're supposed to be denim cutoffs, not "frilly knickers", but they're stupidly tiny, and the slo-mo legs akimbo upskirt shot at the start of that hyper move is dodgy as fuck, made even worse by the freeze-frame spreadeagle pose when she lands on Blanka. CANCEL STREET FIGHTER!

Mister Six

Although I love that the background of "modern London" includes a bunch of horses and a man in a top hat drinking tea.

greenman

The main issue modern capcom backdrops have is the obcession with including douchbags egging on the fight in the background.

Mister Six

greenman

Quote from: Mister Six on February 25, 2023, 07:08:54 PM?

Just about acceptable the US military is full of them but there hanging around in the background of most stages now it seems.

Mister Six

greenman

Someone in the background watching isnt the same as someone acting like a douchbag, modern SF seems populated by MMA dude bros fist pumping in the background of as many stages as possible.

Looking at footage of people playing the SF6 Beta it does seem a little more earlier SF like with more potential to punish even normal attacks which miss. Not that I'v ever been that amazing at it but just from a spectator of top level play I do hope they up the execution barrier at bit, thats part of what makes 3rd strike the most entertaining SF to watch for me, even the very best players are having to choose between easier attacks and combos which are so hard they will never be certain.

oggyraiding

Demo out on PS5. Can design your avatar for the World Tour mode, and play a standard match as either Luke or Ryu.

Season Pass 1 confirms AKI, Ed, Rashid and Akuma.

Plays very smoothly, especially as I've been playing Mortal Kombat X which is horrible and stiff. SFVI is nicely fluid.

oggyraiding

World Tour mode seems to run at 30FPS. Odd. Gameplay is promising though, Street Fighter RPG sort of thing.

oggyraiding

https://www.destructoid.com/street-fighter-6-jp-impressions-capcom-sf6-guide/

Hope he's not as broken as he sounds. Nothing worse than going online and facing the same OP character every other fight.

Roxy Robinson

I really don't like the feel of this, sadly. I had hoped it would get me back into SF after largely skipping V but nah, I'm done. I'll watch a bit for the pros but no interest in picking it up again.

Swoz_MK

I'll get it and hopefully someone clicks for me (hopefully Marisa who I'm liking the look of most) but I just don't have the hundreds and hundreds of hours I ploughed into IV anymore. Doesn't help that my reflexes are on their arse too.
Not liking V's systems meant I barely made Silver and now I just don't have the spare time. I'll attempt combo trials, I'll lab Marisa, I'll take her online and get sick of the Drive system within days. DLC characters will come out, I'll buy them, then repeat, repeat, repeat.
It looks great, people I know that have played the full build didn't have a bad word to say, but yeah I think SF is a spectator sport for me now.

samadriel

I don't think there's a single aspect of JP's moveset that I enjoy; I hate setting up portals, i hate ground pounds, I hate trying to lay crossup-y Menat-y traps, particularly in the air. I'm indifferent towards fireballs, and that's about the best thing i can say about him. I was hoping for something reminiscent of my guy Bison, although I guess that's a bit conservative. While I'm glad they're introducing new characters with new ways to play, I don't think I'll enjoy fighting him any better than I'd enjoy playing him.

oggyraiding

I see a lot of comments on Street Fighter Facebook posts calling it "Woke Fighter". And I don't know why. Could it be that there are a lot of women? But there's been lots of women for years. Lots of POC? Again, previous rosters have been relatively diverse. Marisa being a strong woman? Perhaps. Cammy's wearing clothes? Whoever their previous favourite is is not in the game therefore they're lashing out?

I could ask the cunts who post that shit but engaging in Facebook debates is a fool's errand.