Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:48:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Prosecco Stormfront [split topic]

Started by Kankurette, April 26, 2022, 08:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencalx

That's exactly what they think, isn't it?

Also I don't think they are aligning themselves with the right wingers because they "know what a women is". It's because they were right wing fuck jobs in the first place.

Kankurette

They're too cowardly to admit it. They just claim that they'd totally vote Labour, but Labour's stance on trans rights is like finding a tiny bit of shit in your ice cream, and you can't eat the ice cream because the tiny bit of shit has spoiled it. And they're amazed that ~believing in biology~ is right-wing. They're either wilfully obtuse or incredibly thick if they don't get WHY the right are anti-trans (and yes, Mumsnetters, you ARE anti-trans no matter how much you claim otherwise).

Kankurette

So what is actually going on with the Tavistock Clinic? A thread in FWR about it closing down is trending.

I haven't read the Alison Bailey thread but I bet they're celebrating her epic win.

jobotic

It would appear it is being closed but that two new centres will be opened in a bid to reduce waiting times.

I hope that's true  - and if so it's actually bad news for the bigots.

petril

Quote from: Kankurette on July 22, 2022, 01:50:36 PMThey're too cowardly to admit it. They just claim that they'd totally vote Labour, but Labour's stance on trans rights is like finding a tiny bit of shit in your ice cream, and you can't eat the ice cream because the tiny bit of shit has spoiled it.

and then never ever eating ice cream again and starting a heated argument with anyone who ever eats, sells or makes it on the basis of that one experience being the one true, universal ice cream experience

Kankurette

And of course people in FWR are defending Lawrence Fox's oh so hilarious swastika. Maybe the people on MN Trolls who called me a liar for saying people in FWR defend him will believe me now.

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Kankurette on April 26, 2022, 09:46:42 PMIsn't 'reeee' a term for mocking autistic people ('ree' = the sound we make when we have meltdowns)?

Mumsnet humour is incredibly cringey. They're never as funny as they think they are and they love doing threads with autocorrects that totally happened, honest (like 'shall I call my baby Bin' when she means 'Ben', even though 'Ben' does not autocorrect to 'Bin', I tried it). FWR regulars get very defensive if you point out their willingness to defend misogynistic men, but they really do. And yes, it may have lesbians but it is overwhelmingly straight.

As for 'it's fascinating to think people should agree on everything', that doesn't apply to trans rights in the minds of Mumsnetters. How is voting against women marrying other women, or cutting down abortion time limits, protecting our rights again?

ETA: while I don't like how 'Karen' has come to mean 'any woman who makes a complaint' especially when used by white men, the white women on MN treat it as though it's a slur on a par with 'n*****'. And they've got a nasty habit of defending white women who try to get black people into trouble deliberately because white women can't be racist or something, which is news to Emmett Till's mum.

Yes, it is to make fun of autistic people. Came from such fine people as the swamp creatures from Kiwi Farms.

bgmnts

reeee just makes me think of Deliverance or something.

Kankurette

I thought as much. I tend to see it from 4chan types, because they tend to regard autistic people as being on the same level as dogshit.

Mumsnet had a surprisingly nice thread about England's Euro 2022 win last night that was relatively banana-free until 7 pages in when some idiot was blathering on about 'why we need to protect women's sport'. The Athletic did a really good article about all the obstacles Hope Powell and her team faced back in the '90s. You know what wasn't one of them? Trans people.

In the same vein, I'm not going to look at the thread about Gary Lineker's cringey joke about Chloe Kelly because I know it'll be full of bananery and people slagging him off because he's 'woke', and I think that might be the same thread where giant plantain achillestoes said they refused to follow football until the FA stopped supporting men in women's sport (I'm guessing this is a reference to the Rainbow Laces, which is a Stonewall thing, and we all know what Mumsnet thinks of Stonewall).

On a non-transphobia related note, there's this genius thread about getting people on benefits to pick fruit, full of the usual 'loads of people on benefits don't WANT to work' crap. Someone on the thread did make a good comment, however:
Quote"I feel it's a real shame with missed opportunities for young people to learn new skills and have the opportunity to meet new people outside of their comfort zones"

it's funny how it's only ever young people who need to do grunt work and step outside their comfort zones. It's like when people call for national service - when they are too old to do it themselves.

Fambo Number Mive

Kankurette

Surprise, surprise: they're all Sadowitz fans now. Apparently it's OK when a cis man gets his cock out, and Sadowitz was cancelled because he made a joke about trans people (hint: as far as I know, he didn't).

kngen

Jerry Sadowitz (on the 'woke' BBC, no less):

QuoteWhy do lesbians have moustaches?
So you know where to kick them.

If there was ever a time for JS to drop his vigilance over his material appearing on Youtube etc, it would be now. Let the internet be flooded with live bootlegs of his most incendiary sets - the furious backpedaling from the MN/GC crowd would be enough to reverse the Earth's rotation a la Superman.

Kankurette

They're now insisting that he must have mentioned trans people somewhere in his set, otherwise why would he have been cancelled?
Quote'Well I think the reason some people heard hooves and thought it was a horse was because the Pleasance (who cancelled Sadowitz) refered to people complaining feeling 'unsafe' and that some of the complaints actually came from their student staff not the ticket buyers (who received multiple warnings before attending). 'Unsafe' is used very frequently in certain debates - and less often about zebras?'

Kankurette

Change of plan, guys, Sadowitz is now apparently making allowances for trans people because as we all know, Sadowitz is picky about who he insults.
QuoteExactly. Yet by all accounts he was scrupulous in avoiding mentioning trans people.

Happy to say "Maddie McCann's mum would be worth raping if only she smiled more." Use racial slurs directly to the only non-white woman in the audience. Make jokes about raping Jewish female celebs with a meat cleaver.

Yet transpeople are on a pedestal and must not be mentioned?
I cannot get my head around these people. First they treat him like an anti-woke hero and assume he got booted because he said transphobic stuff, and now they're complaining because he DIDN'T say transphobic stuff?

Dr Rock

I guess Sadowitz goes after the targets nobody else will touch, and every hack comedian from Chapelle to Gervais does unfunny trans jokes.

Jollity

Well, it would scarcely be shocking if he were saying the exact things nice ladies who post on MumsNet say. As I said in the Glinner thread, if you want to shock people, you have to go for it, otherwise you're more or less just the British media establishment of tiresome controversialists.

Kankurette

I wonder how many of them are even remotely familiar with Sadowitz's shtick.

Kankurette

Dr Rock

Quote from: Kankurette on August 16, 2022, 04:36:49 AMI wonder how many of them are even remotely familiar with Sadowitz's shtick.

I looked at Mumsnet's Sadowitz thread and the answer is surprisingly lots

Kankurette

I'm not sure if they like him or not now, because half of them think he got cancelled because he said something transphobic and half of them think he's giving trans people special treatment by not attacking them.

I don't want to know what they're saying about Joanne Harris.

ETA: MN Trolls has a regular called Nanny&John who was banned from the COVID boards for incessant doom-mongering, and every time a thread pops up about trans stuff on MN Trolls, she's there. She's also a massive hypocrite who attacks people for going on holiday and using public transport because it'll spread COVID and OMG THINK OF THE PLANET, despite having taken several foreign holidays herself and having a second home. She's currently going through a GC phase as a blatant grab for upvotes because she's constantly in spam jail.
QuoteYes the comments are personal, but I see where the OP is coming from.

When someone reveals their thoroughly loathsome personality (as Watson has done), it's then difficult not to see that in their appearance.

Similar to suddenly finding a man unattractive when he inevitably says or does something misogynistic.
I'm sure that if someone called JKR an ugly ginger bitch, they'd be fine with it OH WAIT.

greencalx

The incessant doom-mongering on our own covid board is the main reason I basically stopped going there.

Kankurette

Amazingly, the Watson thread got taken down for Not Being in the Spirit. I guess a lot of people must have reported it. Even the gendercritters on MN Trolls disagreed with it.

Kankurette

Standard procedure on Mumsnet: when someone says a thing is racist, tell them to stop being so sensitive, ask why it's OK for Beyonce to straighten her hair but not for white girls to wear dreadlocks, drivel on about woke this and PC gone mad that.

Unless it's Allison Bailey claiming a joke about her having spaghetti in her briefcase is racist, and all of a sudden, Mumsnet's defensive white FWR posters are agreeing with this because

Is that even a thing in minstrel shows? I mean, the poster made fun of two white women as well, but Mumsnetters conveniently ignore that. Also, there was nothing remotely racist about that tweet. Having spaghetti in your briefcase is not a common anti-black stereotype. Allison Bailey would still be a grifting idiot if she was white. And they were certainly happy to ignore or downplay all the absolutely horrifying racism Dianne Abbott gets, and this is before we get onto the obsession with Meghan Markle.

Kankurette

Apologies for the triple post but I didn't want to mention it in the main reactions thread on GB. As it turns out, plenty of posters on Prosecco Stormfront are as bananas about the Queen as they are about trans people. These comments are in response to a woman asking for ideas for things to do on the day of the funeral, as she's a republican and doesn't want to watch it.
QuoteBecause OPs hatred for the Queen is much stronger than allowing her children to learn. Allowing them to take such a good opportunity like this to watch history take place in real time.
QuoteExactly.
20/30/40 years time.
'What did we do Mum on the day of Queen Elizabeth's Funeral? Did we watch it on TV? Tell me what the day was like'
'Went to the swings dear. Because I hated the Queen'
70 years time when the queen has been off the throne as long as she was on it:
'Grandma, I can't believe you were actually alive when Queen Elizabeth was alive. Wow what did you do on the day of her funeral?'
'We went to the playground my dear. Because my mother hated the Queen'
Someone says 'this is a real conversation that will actually happen' and Royalist Nutjob 2 responds:
QuoteIt is incredibly disappointing to me how little people care about history and how it shapes the world we live in today. How little parents value sharing our history with their children. We have such a huge wealth of historical places to visit and so much to learn, yet people just arnt bothered. So disappointing.
And not watching the funeral means you're disrespectful.
Quotemy dc ages 7-17 are very interested in watching the funeral. Because A for the most part they have respect for others. And B it's history.
I feel for young children who won't get the opportunity to watch. I would be annoyed as an adult if that opportunity was denied me.
Also, us horrible republicans are interested in history, but for many of us, it includes the horrors of the British Empire and I get the feeling the Royalists don't like hearing about that because it's ~woke~.

phantom_power

Some people get "history" mixed up with "shit that happens". No-one is going to ask "where were you when QE2's funeral was". People remember where they are when unexpected events happen like 9/11 or Diana. Even then the conversation has gone beyond "where were you" to "what happened next". There is no "what happened next" here, other than some other cunt ruling us now with no discernible change to our lives. I suppose everything that happens is history but unless you are actually at the funeral you are just some twat watching telly

JaDanketies

Michael Jackson's funeral is surely going to be retrospectively viewed as a better service than the Queen's funeral, and I was quite happy to just watch the highlights of MJ's funeral on the news.

QuoteMariah Carey, Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie, Jennifer Hudson, Usher, Jermaine Jackson, and Shaheen Jafargholi sang Jackson's songs, and John Mayer played guitar. Berry Gordy, Brooke Shields, and Smokey Robinson gave eulogies, while Queen Latifah read "We Had Him", a poem written for the occasion by Maya Angelou. The Reverend Al Sharpton received a standing ovation.

C'mon now. I might be mistaken but I'm expecting the Queen's funeral to be some CoE dirge. No Stormzy or Kate Bush or even John Lydon performing. Why would anyone watch that when I didn't even watch Mariah Carey covering "I'll Be There"?

Kankurette

Your average small child would be bored shitless and asking if they can watch Bing instead. Older kids might be interested, but little ones? I doubt it.

The obsession with respect is creeping me out so much. Like, I worry that places that open on Monday might get bricked or vandalised for being 'disrespectful'. And I saw an absolutely horrible tweet, accompanied by a picture of guards kneeling, that "if you can't feel a sense of #Honour at this picture then you shouldn't really call yourself #English." Fine, I'm a Scotswoman then, if that's what it takes. It was bad enough when Princess Di died and I felt under pressure to watch the funeral and join in the mourning (not from my family, though they did watch it), to the point where I asked my mum to buy me Candle in the Wind despite not even liking it that much compared to the original. Now it's even worse because of social media.

And a thread about Mermaids vs LGB Alliance is trending, because transphobia doesn't take time off for the Queen's death.

Fambo Number Mive

Someone started a thread on Mumsnet at 10pm last night asking if they should agree to their 11 year old child wanting to get the train to London (1 hour 20 mins door to door) and queue overnight to see the Queen lying in state. They were convinced by other posts in the thread to do so (posting at 1am to say they were on the train) and as of 9:56am were still in the queue at Bankside "Long night and it was cold. But so so glad we came. Hands cold so will write more later. My son is doing great and VERY glad we came!!!!..."

And from the last page of the thread, from another poster:

QuoteI'm beginning to think the posters who are jeering and derisive of these choosing to go are rattled by the support being shown to the Monarchy.

Must be hard to see your dreams of a Republic going down the toilet

Dr Rock

The funeral of King Louis the 15th was not without its pomp. It would be the last of its kind ever in France, his son's rule ending quite differently.