Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:41:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Weirdly Similar Record Sleeves

Started by lazyhour, May 10, 2022, 12:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chutnut

Quote from: Critcho on July 28, 2022, 04:06:00 PMAh, that's only because I grouped it with the 'two disembodied, drawn hands' sub-category of hand album sleeves! The ordering says nothing about what I think of them (or if I've even heard them) - Skinny Fists is definitely an essential hand album in my book.

And thanks for the new additions, they're going on the list! The project never ends...

Oh yeah I didn't mean to imply you didn't like it enough, just a comment on how big the list is!

Critcho

Quote from: jobotic on July 28, 2022, 04:16:47 PMI've got two!

Added! Truly this has been a great day for pictures of hands.

purlieu

Brundle-Fly

Stonefish

Quote from: Head Gardener on May 15, 2022, 05:13:10 PM

Thanks for this. I'd only ever known the Pat Cooper album cover and up until now believed was his own deeply disturbing idea. This makes it slightly easier to tolerate.

Autopsy Turvey

A couple of 'oh what a giveaway' style band names here:

Not forgetting this shocking cheapo tat:

Judas Priest were massive in 1986, I never understood how they thought this pen-on-paper-bag sleeve would do for an official product. Especially after Unleashed In The East had such a legendarily exciting specially posed live photo with full gear and lights.

lazyhour

Pauline Walnuts

Pauline Walnuts

Genesis The Lamb Lies Down in Broadway

18+'s Mixtap3

Mel C

Cliff!

purlieu

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 28, 2022, 02:26:55 PMThe Hexenhaus/Morbid Angel one is obvious, but this is less commented upon, perhaps because only about twelve people noticed the career of Year Zero. The Liverpool doomsters' second and last album from 1995:

And the bum-free alternate sleeve of the Strokes debut:

Eventually ending up on a science book:

jenna appleseed

Stars - Set Yourself On Fire (2004)

Explosions In The Sky – The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place (2003)

Viero_Berlotti

Priori/RED - Nigh

Richie Culver & Pavel Milyakov - A Change Of Nothing

Both released of the same day 29th July 2022.

lazyhour

Fucking hell! Coincidence, or something more sinister?

Glebe

greencalx

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 21, 2022, 06:42:44 PMHah, I have that Oldfield v. The Orb CD, had never realised the design was a riff on Tubular Bells until now!

Same, but I challenge anyone to recognise the remix as having anything to do with the original.

greencalx

Oh, and,

Quote from: Critcho on July 28, 2022, 02:03:21 PMSystem Of A Down - s/t

George Harrison - Living In The Material World

Chet Faker - Built On Glass

Hiss Golden Messenger - Bad Debt

The Hold Steady - Heaven Is Whatever

?