Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:01:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2022: The Thuglife Era (Stokes, Woakes, Foakes, and plenty of chokes)

Started by sevendaughters, June 04, 2022, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Norse

Quote from: shoulders on June 11, 2022, 12:49:15 PMSeen the cricinfo picture of Michael Bracewell? It must be from an under 17 team photo or something.

At least there's one NZ player whose "stats" the English players will have been studying hard, then.

Inspector Norse

Bracewell's international record before today:
3 ODIs against the Netherlands
High score: 3

shoulders

This test just goes to show that there's sticking a BAD PAED RESET sticker on a paedophile and there's actually rehabilitating them from being sexually aroused by children.

Inspector Norse

Lowest score from any of NZ's top scorer is 26. What are the odds on even three England batters making that many?

shoulders

king_tubby

shoulders

king_tubby

Thursday

Better off letting New Zealand bat longer than they need to here.

Thursday

shoulders

Anyone got a fiery chasm handy where we can just bin off this dreck

king_tubby

iamcoop

System activated? Check
Tor installed? Check
Pope in at 3? Check.

All in line.

Let's Paed

shoulders

QuoteThe CricViz Analyst
@cricvizanalyst
Zak Crawley edges 8% of his deliveries in Test cricket. No other opener since he debuted (min 20 innings) edges a higher percentage of their deliveries. #ENGvNZ

People still saying he is an opener.

I wonder what the fuck you have to do to open people's eyes. He may not play spin very well but he isn't going to face that much spin in England anyway. The threat is the fucking new ball. So clear, so fucking obvious.

If you subtract Crawley's 269 (made at number 4 anyway before he was moved around) his average in test cricket is 22.

iamcoop

Imagine being that consistently shit at your job in any other line of work.

Thursday

Pope 37 Lees 29. Can't expect much more than this from either of them.

shoulders

Just listening to Daryl Mitchell. Why are so many Kiwi cricketers so damn likeable? They sound like grow ups when they speak, they aren't morose, they enjoy what they do but they carry themselves like adults instead of fucking prats like Australia and England (and Kohli). Last full on heid the ball I can remember was Jesse f*kin Ryder.

iamcoop

50 for Lees. He's looked alright this innings tbf, after looking like a lefthanded Sibley for most of his career thus far. Conditions are pretty favourable though.

Thursday

Yeah looked alright, but it's favorable conditions and there was a couple of dropped catches and close calls.
In all seriousness I don't want to automatically undermine anything good the players do, but it should be given that context before the overly effusive praise from the commentators come.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Thursday on June 12, 2022, 11:59:16 AMYeah looked alright, but it's favorable conditions and there was a couple of dropped catches and close calls.

To be fair, that is the lot of an opener, especially in England (even in docile conditions like these). They're always going to have to ride their luck a bit early on. I thought Lees played well; he seems to have a solid technique, the required amount of grit and focus, and a bit more adventurousness than Sibley, who only had one scoring shot. It's worth giving him a bit more time to get used to the relentlessness of test-quality bowling, rather than ditching him after half a dozen tests averaging 25 as they tend to do.
Crawley got a very good ball last night too, although on the other hand, after 25 tests opening the batting you might expect a player to be able to deal with very good balls.

Quote from: shoulders on June 11, 2022, 07:27:40 PMJust listening to Daryl Mitchell. Why are so many Kiwi cricketers so damn likeable? They sound like grow ups when they speak, they aren't morose, they enjoy what they do but they carry themselves like adults instead of fucking prats like Australia and England (and Kohli). Last full on heid the ball I can remember was Jesse f*kin Ryder.

I don't know if anyone can back me up here but I swear I've read a couple of things in the past about how most of the other NZ players used to think Adam Parore was a gigantic twat. Can't find anything about it on Google but I'm sure it was him. Am I thinking of someone else?

Thursday

Quote from: Inspector Norse on June 12, 2022, 12:27:45 PMTo be fair, that is the lot of an opener, especially in England (even in docile conditions like these). They're always going to have to ride their luck a bit early on. I thought Lees played well; he seems to have a solid technique, the required amount of grit and focus, and a bit more adventurousness than Sibley, who only had one scoring shot. It's worth giving him a bit more time to get used to the relentlessness of test-quality bowling, rather than ditching him after half a dozen tests averaging 25 as they tend to do.

Oh I agree, I mean compared to Burns & Sibley, and others we've tried he seems like he might be an improvement.

poo