Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:27:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Xbox & Bethesda Showcase

Started by bgmnts, June 12, 2022, 05:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Going to be watching this because there is nothing else to do in life that gives me  joy beyond taking the piss out of how shit things are. And this is Xbox and Bethesda so expect some turd.

Get ready.

https://www.twitch.tv/xbox/

bgmnts

Game 1: Cheeky vampire shooter. Feels like Left 4 Dead.

Game 2: Hollow Knight 2 i guess sometime soon.

Crenners

Let's hope Xbox finally has some games besides indie gruel on GP

bgmnts

Game 3: High on Life. Talking guns, i'm in.

bgmnts

League of Legends on xbox soon i think. Great.

Always felt those games are for people missing something in their life and want to feel impressive. eSports ffs.

bgmnts

A Plague Tale: Requiem (fucking hell)

Didnt even remember how first ended but was alright.

Racecar driving now!!

bgmnts

Planes after cars of course.

With Halo add-on omg.

Here we go, Blizzard!

bgmnts

Overwatch 2 holy fuck.

(Only four employees were sexually assaulted during the making of this trailer)

bgmnts

Elder Scrolls Online and Fallout 76 are still active and getting new content it seems.

Genuinely blew my mind.

I.D. Smith

I know there's probably zero chance, but it would be nice to get a little bit of Elder Scrolls 6 info. Doesn't even have to be a release date as I know that it's at the back of the queue behind Starfield and the rest, but even just a few images or something would do.

bgmnts

Ark 2 for anyone interested, i.e nobody.

Some Doom-y gore shooter called Scorn.

Gaming is so fun!

Quote from: I.D. Smith on June 12, 2022, 06:39:30 PMI know there's probably zero chance, but it would be nice to get a little bit of Elder Scrolls 6 info. Doesn't even have to be a release date as I know that it's at the back of the queue behind Starfield and the rest, but even just a few images or something would do.

Would be nice. Have they done a game set in the Khajiit world yet?

Kelvin

I honestly think I'm more interested in the future of Xbox than Playstation at this point. Sony are so conservative with their games, just endless third person, cinematic "experiences" with lovely graphics and voice acting but so little room for creativity, exploration, or experimentation. Everything has to be so deliberate and immersive. At least Microsoft are gathering up studios with a diverse catalogue of genres and styles. I'd rather play an imperfect game like Halo: Infinite that appears to encourage creative combat solutions, rather than a something beautiful, like Horizon or Ghosts of Tsushima.

bgmnts

A Minecraft "action strategy" game.

Quote from: Kelvin on June 12, 2022, 06:45:03 PMI honestly think I'm more interested in the future of Xbox than Playstation at this point. Sony are so conservative with their games, just endless third person, cinematic "experiences" with lovely graphics and voice acting but so little room for creativity, exploration, or experimentation. Everything has to be so deliberate and immersive. At least Microsoft are gathering up studios with a diverse catalogue of genres and styles. I'd rather play a imperfect game like Halo: Infinite that appears to encourage creative combat solutions, rather than a something beautiful, like Horizon or Ghosts of Tsushima.

Yeah this is true. Probably why I still have a soft spot for Nintendo above all.

As I write this, we get another shitty interactive story. Fuck off with this shit.

Pink Gregory

Is the vampire shooter the next Arkane game?

I.D. Smith

Quote from: bgmnts on June 12, 2022, 06:40:33 PMWould be nice. Have they done a game set in the Khajiit world yet?

The closest would be the Elsweyr expansion for Elder Scrolls Online, but not a proper single player only game yet, no

bgmnts

Quote from: Pink Gregory on June 12, 2022, 06:50:34 PMIs the vampire shooter the next Arkane game?

Indeed it is. Dishonoured and Prey are two of my faves but I wasnt impressed with what they showed.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: bgmnts on June 12, 2022, 06:59:40 PMIndeed it is. Dishonoured and Prey are two of my faves but I wasnt impressed with what they showed.

I've heard Deathloop being a bit of a disappointment to the real Arkane heads across the podcasts as well.  I guess making really good games in quite a niche genre isn't much of a way to keep the lights on.

bgmnts

Probably not. But they need to exist and keep making games so fuck it.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: bgmnts on June 12, 2022, 07:03:41 PMProbably not. But they need to exist and keep making games so fuck it.

I saw erstwhile internet celebrity games critic Yahtzee write that Prey 2016 was 'forgettable' the other day.  He usually has boring and dumb opinions but I don't quite understand where that came from.

bgmnts

Quote from: Pink Gregory on June 12, 2022, 07:11:58 PMI saw erstwhile internet celebrity games critic Yahtzee write that Prey 2016 was 'forgettable' the other day.  He usually has boring and dumb opinions but I don't quite understand where that came from.

Yeah I think his schtick is to be stupid really.

Weeb time!!

bgmnts

FUCKING HELL IT'S HIDEO KOJIMA WTF

The notion of a new Kojima game going straight to Game Pass is so hilarious.

bgmnts

New Bethesda effort Starfield. Skyrim in space I assume.

Looks utter dogshit.

oggyraiding

Persona 3 Portable/P4 Golden/P5 Royal are pretty big deals, considering Xbox historically hasn't had great Japanese support. And obviously a Kojima game is a win too. Starfield looks very dull.

Pink Gregory

Well if MS are willing to indulge him then he can hardly say no.  May as well follow the money Hideo mate, eyyyy.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: oggyraiding on June 12, 2022, 07:37:28 PMPersona 3 Portable/P4 Golden/P5 Royal are pretty big deals,

I forgot to watch live, but are you saying they're big deals in general, or that they're going to be playable on Xbox which is a big deal?

Thursday

Completely rolling my eyes at "1000 planets" in Starfield. Fuck off.

bgmnts

Quote from: Thursday on June 12, 2022, 07:51:33 PMCompletely rolling my eyes at "1000 planets" in Starfield. Fuck off.

They had the choice between 8 beautifully rendered, detailed, unique planets or 1000 identical barely rendered blobs and they went with their instincts. 

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: Thursday on June 12, 2022, 07:51:33 PMCompletely rolling my eyes at "1000 planets" in Starfield. Fuck off.

I'm well up for Starfield, but yes, this sort of thing is much less appealing than developers think it is.

Ferris

I suspect 10 planets will be very detailed, another ~40 will be somewhat sketched-in, and the other 950+ will be auto-rendered nothing-domes with random loot and the Starfield equivalent of mudcrabs randomly spawning all over the shop.

Still looks great, but I think once a game gets too bloated it becomes unplayable. As if anyone in their right mind will go through 1,000 planets.

oggyraiding

Quote from: FalknerHinton on June 12, 2022, 07:46:10 PMI forgot to watch live, but are you saying they're big deals in general, or that they're going to be playable on Xbox which is a big deal?

The latter. If they're successful it's possible the next big Atlus games could come to the system, and it will also show that Xbox is a viable platform for Japanese games which have previously been confined to Playstation and Nintendo systems.