Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:00:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Why are you shit at games?

Started by Barry Admin, June 16, 2022, 03:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stigdu

Mostly, I'm not. I'm half decent. Been gaming for 40 years and the enthusiasm and motor skills are still there. Give me a shooter or driving game and I should do OK.

The boys in the office sometimes stick on Command and Conquer, and THOSE real time strategy games I absolutely suck at. I don't even play with them, I'll just lose every time. I can't get my head round resource management and technology trees.

Also, fighting games like Tekken or Mortal Kombat. I suck at those too.

bomb_dog

You think you're shit at games? Download and try 'Fall Guys', now free on Epic, don't need to spend £6.50 on a skin to play at all. It's essentially 'Takeshi's Castle' and real players get whittled down from around 60 to 1.

Very, very surprised to win the third tournament I played. Watching some people play and it's like they don't know which way to run, or that they can even jump.

Stigdu

Quote from: bomb_dog on June 24, 2022, 09:02:19 AMYou think you're shit at games? Download and try 'Fall Guys', now free on Epic, don't need to spend £6.50 on a skin to play at all. It's essentially 'Takeshi's Castle' and real players get whittled down from around 60 to 1.

Very, very surprised to win the third tournament I played. Watching some people play and it's like they don't know which way to run, or that they can even jump.

It's great fun. My kids love it. A friend of mine worked on it (does the UI) and couldn't believe it when it took off and became such a huge thing.

bgmnts

Quote from: bomb_dog on June 24, 2022, 09:02:19 AMYou think you're shit at games? Download and try 'Fall Guys', now free on Epic, don't need to spend £6.50 on a skin to play at all. It's essentially 'Takeshi's Castle' and real players get whittled down from around 60 to 1.

To be fair, I think a lot of the people playing it are actual children.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: bgmnts on June 24, 2022, 10:15:59 AMTo be fair, I think a lot of the people playing it are actual children.
no excuses!

Barry Admin

Quote from: C_Larence on June 24, 2022, 07:10:49 AMI recently picked up Apex again and have the same problem. People seem to just want to drop and die asap and I don't understand the fun in that. The second a jumpmaster drops without pinging where they're going, (or, if I'm jumpmaster, says no to where I ping) I get as far from them as possible. 9 times out of 10 they'll die within a minute and leave. Ranked games are a little better as there's an incentive to play more tactically. Hopefully as I progress up I will consistently get placed with likeminded people

Yeah, people just love to hot drop in non-ranked games. I've never really been into it myself, but I force myself to give it my all. It does feel amazing when you manage to be the last team standing out of a hot drop, and it gives you a great head start in the game as your opponents have muled a lot of stuff you can then pick up.

Martin Van Buren Stan

I'm not a child but I've detailed my shiteness at fall guys in this thread, despite playing it for dozens of hours. Regarding your point a lot of people don't take it seriously because it's a game you can lose, then start again in a few seconds so that probably explains their shiteness. Not sure how to explain mine.

bgmnts

Streaming Apex Legends having not played in ages and what happens? Champion with 6 kills and a few assists and the like.

Why? Finally have something close to a decent connection!

RetroRobot

Dyspraxia :(
Coordination problems and a shite working memory. I play video games like a Valve playtester.

shoulders

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 16, 2022, 03:50:38 PMWhat are your weak points in gaming? What holds you back form true greatness?

For me it seems to be general inattentiveness and clumsiness. Get distracted far too easily, and also just don't really have the physical coordination to be as great at shooters as I wish I was.

I worry also about my reflexes these days. Think they're still actually pretty good for an ageing bloke tho tbh, and I attribute that to gaming.

Crap at hair trigger fps games and pretty much games involving shooting targets I'm fairly mediocre. Still fun though.

Puzzle games also take me a long time to learn and dial into.

I'm decent at driving games, management and strategy.

Replies From View

I am so shit at computer games (when did they get rebranded as "games"?) because computer games are rubbish and not worth getting good at.

Next question

bgmnts

Quote from: Replies From View on July 20, 2022, 12:01:03 PMI am so shit at computer games (when did they get rebranded as "games"?) because computer games are rubbish and not worth getting good at.

Next question

We're people calling SNES or Megadrive games "computer games"? Maybe ignorant parents but can imagine the nippers calling them video games or games.

Replies From View

Quote from: bgmnts on July 20, 2022, 12:03:00 PMWe're people calling SNES or Megadrive games "computer games"? Maybe ignorant parents but can imagine the nippers calling them video games or games.

Ok well call them computer games from now on, cheers