Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:24:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Premier League 2022-23

Started by holyzombiejesus, July 24, 2022, 08:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phes

Quote from: Ferris on August 05, 2022, 02:38:14 PMI'm convinced spending a few quid on a keeper is an absolute must because the marginal value from the extra million is getting a top class keeper who'll bag you 100+ points and getting some absolute no-hoper who warms the bench. It's the best place to spend the extra.

This swings moreorless year to year. One year the extra £1m bags you thirty points, another year a £4.5 pops up who perfectly fits the bill re. bonus & save points and makes a mockery of the premium keepers. It's hard to predict 

Ferris

Quote from: phes on August 06, 2022, 01:01:20 AMThis swings moreorless year to year. One year the extra £1m bags you thirty points, another year a £4.5 pops up who perfectly fits the bill re. bonus & save points and makes a mockery of the premium keepers. It's hard to predict 

Yeah it definitely changes year over year with keepers, but less so on (for example) a 7.5m or 8.5m striker.

If you spend the money and buy the most expensive GK, it's usually a good investment where strikers are a lot more volatile.

I have no bastard idea what I'm doing though so don't go following me off the cliff.

phes

Thing is you have to buy 3 strikers. You can buy two 4.5s but then they're tying up your bench with dead weight and two 4.0 defenders can do the same for 1.0 less, and 4.0 defenders that get points are probably easier to come by. Strikers represent poor value these days but it's a case of making the best of it. The other thing with strikers is that their season totals look poor, but their ppgame might be great. See players like Vardy, Ings, Wilson, Bamford, DCL, Antonio etc who are capable of ruining your season when fit and firing, if you're not on them. Moving away from strikers prevents your from jumping on those players when they're in form. Most sensible option looks to be two solid strikers that can cover the price brackets from cheap to premium between them

Ferris

Yeah you're absolutely right - my solution (such as it is) involves buying one blue-chip ~18 goal a season striker as cheap as you can (a big 6 club frontman usually), playing them every game, then 2 starting strikers from cheapo shit clubs and trying to avoid playing them where possible.

It's not ideal, but it minimizes the cost and risk. If your guy only bags 15, well whatever you get every point of that because you play him every week, and if he goes on tear and scores 20+ you're laughing. It's a lot more volatile and expensive so that's a punt but the rest of your squad should be built from the back.

Qualifier: I've won one league in about 12 seasons of effort and typically finish top half so I'm no tactical genius.

Lost Oliver

perfect start, 2nd bottom in my mini league.

EOLAN

Made a last minute decision to ditch Mitrovic and Ward-Prowse from my squad before Palace game kicked off.

Joe Qunt

37th in the league so far. Benched Zinchenko cause I'm a fool.

Sgt. Duckie

I went for Kane AND Haaland.

Why have one cream cake when you can have two.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on August 08, 2022, 02:35:47 PMI went for Kane AND Haaland.

Why have one cream cake when you can have two.

Similarly, I've already spunked away my wildcard and gone for Darwin and Haaland. And some other chumps who had a good week who will now massively underperform for the rest of the season.

Still mildly concerned with Haaland's durability mind.

Lost Oliver

Terrible start after 2 games and am considering a wildcard before the weekend. If not this, then deffo next weekend. I made so many dickhead moves before GW1. Threw everything all my points out the window basically by overthinking shit again. Will I ever learn?

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Joe Qunt on August 05, 2022, 02:46:16 PMDefenders are the most important players, best value for money.  Can't go wrong.

A back 3 of Cancelo, TAA and James with Mendy in goal would cost £25.7m and would have earned 3 points so far this week.

Joe Qunt

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 22, 2022, 09:38:55 PMA back 3 of Cancelo, TAA and James with Mendy in goal would cost £25.7m and would have earned 3 points so far this week.

Ah fuck me then

Ferris

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 22, 2022, 09:38:55 PMA back 3 of Cancelo, TAA and James with Mendy in goal would cost £25.7m and would have earned 3 points so far this week.

Yeah would have hated to do that and leave Zaha on the bench. Only a complete idiot would have done that.

FalknerHinton

I'm enjoying this while it lasts.

And yes, I do know this is almost certainly the high point of my season.

Joe Qunt

9-0 for Liverpool and not a goal or assist for Salah. Utter deso.

Chollis

didn't have Haaland captained for some reason :(

Ferris

I'll have to get Haaland in won't I?

Fuck's sake.

Mobius

The novelty of this wears off pretty quickly doesn't it. Few injuries and just can't be fucked fannying about

And I was 1st and now I'm 4th or something so it's now as if I'm just shit and throwing my toys out of the pram before anyone says that!!!!!!!

Joe Qunt

Let's make it interesting. Tenner a cunt. Much easier to be invested when there's money on the line.

Shaping up to the most boring fantasy football league of all time. Haaland captain every week, yawn.

TrenterPercenter

holyzombiejesus

Quick question, if a team has 4 players from one side (say 3 Arsenal + Trossard) will one automatically get subbed or can the player keep 4 players of the same side? The rules say that "If a player is transferred to another team in the Premier League, and this transfer takes you over the 3 players per team limit, then you will need to go back under the limit when making your next transfers." so I'm guessing if they try to do a transfer it will have to be 1 of the 4?

Gambrinus

I think the next time you do a transfer you have to transfer one of the four out.

Sgt. Duckie

Hi, it's The Battling Buds here 🥇

I just want to tell you all good luck, we're all counting on you.

Psybro

I went with Cucurella over Shaw when Reeve James got instacrocked after the World Cup.  Shaw has scored 27 points more in that time but I've benched Cucurella three games in a row so the difference for me has actually been 41 points.

Ferris

hermitical

Well, congrats to the winner.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first season of FPL and even though mine wasn't a glorious final position the second half of the season was a great ride.

holyzombiejesus

I won the C&B Cup!
Last minute swap of Kane for Haaland to thank for that. The H2H league was great fun.

hermitical

Yep, I did the same, but couldn't bring myself to captain him