Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:31:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Re-Re-Re-Reboot-Reboot of Max headroom?

Started by Blumf, July 31, 2022, 09:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

https://deadline.com/2022/07/max-headroom-reboot-matt-frewer-star-amc-networks-christopher-cantwell-amp-elijah-wood-spectrevision-1235081130/
Quote1980s pop culture mainstay is plotting a comeback. AMC Networks is developing a Max Headroom drama series reboot, with Matt Frewer set to reprise his role as the world's first artificial intelligence TV personality. Halt and Catch Fire co-creator Christopher Cantwell is writing the adaptation and is attached as showrunner for the project, which is produced by Elijah Wood and Daniel Noah's SpectreVision and All3Media.

Please, no.

McDead

I've asked the showrunner if there will be a reference to the 1987 Max Headroom broadcast intrusion, and he says yes, there will be a reference to the 1987 Max Headroom broadcast intrusion.

Can't believe Matt Frewer is coming back for this, he's got to be some age now, surely? Still, it's mostly sitting down. Could be good, you never know.

Blumf

64, apparently, so should be okay for it. And he's basically the only guy for the job, so I suppose it's good to try and do this whilst he's still able.

But still.

Please, no.

Sebastian Cobb

I don't think this is a good idea but the thread title had me braced for the worst and it appears to me to be slightly less bad than that now I know the HaCF guys are involved.

I did rewatch 20 minutes into the future a while back. There's a good SD quality transfer on youtube.

Alberon

Frewer did play an old broken down Headroom in Channel 4 ads a few years back, and the times he pops up on US TV he seems in good shape, but...

No, just no.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 31, 2022, 10:44:00 PMI did rewatch 20 minutes into the future a while back. There's a good SD quality transfer on youtube.

I LOVE 20 Minutes Into the Future, perfect length and pacing and great fun with some choice lines from the graverobbers.

Glebe

That YT upload provided my first full viewing of that. I was to scared of the
Spoiler alert
bloke exploding
[close]
to properly watch it as a kid.

Matt Frewer played Moloch in the Watchmen movie of course.

phantom_power

The original film was great. The drama series less so. The music video show was fun. I am glad they are rebooting the drama rather than the music video show. I think it could be good. TV and media has moved on so much in the intervening years, an intelligent writer could mine lots of good stuff out of the current landscape