Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:45:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Help me find this choon from my poor description

Started by DoesNotFollow, August 03, 2022, 03:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoesNotFollow

I heard it in the gym the other day so I assume it'd be fairly recent. It stood out from a lot of the sort of stuff they play.

It reminded a bit of Ebeneezer Goode, with kinda talked/rapped words by a British bloke but a bit dirtier like Sleeford Mods. Musically I think it could be considered a 'dance' or 'rave' tune but less electronic and more thump-y, jungle-y (not the genre) feeling. Bits sounded like dustbin lids being banged together.

All I can remember about the lyrics was something about "speaking sincere" or "sincerely".

Any help? Cheers.

surreal

DoesNotFollow

Thanks very much, though the song I heard is a bit shoutier and definitely more thumping music-wise.

DoesNotFollow

FalknerHinton

Did you find out what it was/remember any more details OP?

Dr Rock

Jockice

Pacific State by 808 State. It's always that. I only say this because I once recognised it from a very poor description.

Icehaven

Is it that Yard Act band that were mentioned in the Wet Leg thread?

DoesNotFollow

Still haven't found it. I listen to various Yard Act tracks and 'Payday' was edging close, but still no cigar.

Helvetica Scenario

You're surely not talking about Born Slippy, are you? Spoken lyrics and dustbin lid solo in full effect.